林肯
1865年1月
林肯赢得第二次总统选举两个月后
南北战争进入第四个年头
大河女王号♥
白宫
儿童奴隶 12岁 600元
儿童奴隶 12岁 600元
两个男孩 700元
众议院辩论 开始于1月9日
班森
弗吉尼亚彼得斯堡外 三不管地带
亨特议员
时任邦联国会议员
约翰·坎贝尔法官
时任邦联陆军助理部长
亚历山大·史蒂芬斯
时任邦联副总统
1月11日
招待会 1月15日
尤里西斯·格兰特
美军总指挥官
弗吉尼亚州 彼得堡市外 4月3日
阿波马托克斯郡府 弗吉尼亚州 1865年4月9日
美军总部 弗吉尼亚州 1月12日
詹金斯渡口战役 186♥4♥年4月30日
在毒泉战役后针对堪萨斯第一有色兵团的屠♥杀♥
1863年葛底斯堡战役为南北战争著名战役
林肯著名的《在葛厎斯堡国家烈士公墓落成仪式上的演说》
《哈姆雷特》经典独白
罗伯特·托德·林肯 林肯长子
伊丽莎白·凯克莉 前黑奴 后成为裁缝 社会活动家及作家
威廉·华♥莱♥士♥·林肯 林肯三子 死于肺炎
约翰·斯科菲尔德 时值北军总指挥
詹姆斯·门罗 美国第五任总统
约翰·昆西·亚当斯 美国第六任总统
普雷斯顿·布莱尔 美国媒体人及政客
塞德斯·史蒂文斯 共和党激进派领袖
萨瓦那 佐治亚州港口城市
南部美♥利♥坚♥联盟国(也称邦联)总统
《解放黑人奴奴宣言》于1862年9月22日颁布
美国国会的办公大楼 建在一海拔83英尺高地上 故名国会山
埃德温·斯坦顿 美国战争部长
欧几里得 古希腊数学家 被称为”几何之父”
186♥4♥年5月冷泉港战役 北军伤亡50000多人 南军只损失约20000人
歌♥剧为浮士德
自第一个黑奴出现之日起
Negroes have been fighting and dying for freedom
黑人们便从未停止为自♥由♥而斗争牺牲
since the first of us was a slave.
林肯绿币 南北战争前 林肯为筹集战争资金而发行的一种债券
莎士比亚《亨利四世》
坦慕尼协会 成立于1789年的纽约民♥主♥党组织 因政♥治♥腐♥败♥而臭名昭著
还需15票才能赢
再有8票就赢了
计算方法 119-[(119+56+8-8)/3]*2
内战时期美国南部种植园经济主要依赖奴隶生产
1865年林肯第二次就职演讲
我们中有人曾服役于堪萨斯第二有色兵团
Some of us was in the Second Kansas Colored.
去年四月在詹金斯渡口抗击叛军
We fought the rebs at Jenkins’ Ferry last April,
在那之前他们刚刚杀害
just after they’ve killed
在毒泉被俘的所有黑人士兵
every Negro soldier they captured at Poison Springs.
所以这次在詹金斯渡口
So at Jenkins’ Ferry,
我们决定不再生俘叛军
we decided warn‘t taking no reb prisoners.
而是格杀勿论 不留活口
And we didn’t leave a one of’em alive.
我们这些死里逃生的人
The ones of us that didn’t die that day,
后来加入了美国116有色兵团
we joined up with the 116th U.S. Colored, sir.
位于肯塔基州纳尔逊营
From Camp Nelson Kentucky.
你叫什么 士兵
What’s your name, soldier?
哈罗德·格林列兵 长官
Private Harold Green, sir.
我是艾拉·克拉克下士 长官
I’m Corporal Ira Clark, sir.
马萨诸塞州第五骑兵团
Fifth Massachusetts Cavalry.
我们的人都在那边待命
We’re waiting over there.
我们撇下了战马
We’re leaving our horses behind,
准备和第24步兵团一起登船
and shipping out with the 24th Infantry
准备下周攻打威尔明顿
for the assault next week on Wilmington.
你们都当兵多久了
How long’ve you been a soldier?
两年 长官
Two year, sir.
堪萨斯第二有色步兵团
Second Kansas Colored Infantry,
他们在詹金斯渡口作战非常勇猛
they fought bravely at Jenkins’ Ferry.
没错 长官
That’s right, sir.
他们消灭了上千叛军 长官
They killed a thousand rebel soldiers, sir.
他们英勇无前
They were very brave.
但却比白人士兵每个月少挣3块钱
And making three dollars less each month than white soldiers.
我们第二兵团的小伙子
Us second Kansas boys…
除此之外
Another three dollars
还要被克扣3块钱的制♥服♥费
subtracted from our pay for our uniforms.
这倒是真事 不过
That was true, yes sir, but….
现在工资倒是一视同仁了
Equal pay now,
但仍然没有黑人被任命为士官
but still no commissioned Negro officers.
我知道 克拉克下士
I am aware of that, Corporal Clark.
您知道再好不过了 长官 但是
Yes, sir, that’s good you’re aware, sir. It’s only that…
你觉得威尔明顿之战
Do you think the Wilmington attack…
既然白人现在已经习惯于
Now that white people have accustomed themselves
看到黑奴拿起枪为自己而战
to seeing Negro men with guns, fighting on their behalf,
也默许了黑人士兵和自己拿到同样的军饷
and now that they can tolerate Negro soldiers getting equal pay,
也许过不了几年
maybe in a few years
他们就能接受黑人尉官
they can abide the idea of Negro lieutenants and captains.
50年后 或许会有黑人上校
In fifty years, maybe a Negro colonel.
100年后就能参加选举了
In a hundred years, the vote.
战争结束后你会做什么 克拉克下士
What’ll you do after the war, Corporal Clark?
去上班 长官 也许您会雇用我
Work, sir. Perhaps you’ll hire me.
没准我会的
Perhaps I will.
但是长官
But you should know, sir,
我不想再擦皮鞋了 也不会理发
that I get sick at the smell of bootblack and I cannot cut hair.
我已经有理发师了
I’ve yet to find a man could cut mine
所以这倒无所谓
so it’d make any difference.
作为一个白人您的头发太卷了
You got springy hair for a white man.
没错 我前任理发师上吊自杀了
Yes, I do. My last barber hanged himself.
他的前任也一样
And the one before that.
还在遗嘱里把剪子留给我
Left me his scissors in his will.
-林肯总统 -晚上好 小伙子们
– President Lincoln, sir? – Evening, boys.
我们见过您 就在
We saw you at, we…
-在…-在葛底斯堡见过您
– We were at, at… – We was at Gettysburg!
你们在葛底斯堡打过仗吗
You boys fight at Gettysburg?
没有 我们上个月刚入伍
Naw, we didn’t fight there. We just signed up last month.
我们在两年前的公墓演讲见过他
We saw him two years ago at the cemetery dedication.
没错 我们听过那次演讲
Yeah, we heard you speak.
我们 唉呀妈呀
We, damn, damn damn!
您到底有多高啊
Hey, how tall are you anyway?!
老天 快闭嘴
Jeez, shut up!
我的演讲你记住了多少
Could you hear what I said?
不太多 长官 那时…
No, sir, not much. It was….
先人立国
Four score and seven years ago,
已逾八十有七载
our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation,
自♥由♥平等
conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition
乃立国之本
that all men are created equal.
不错 谢谢你
That’s good, thank you.
今逢内争
Now we are engaged in a great civil war,
欲明以此
testing whether that nation
为本之国
or any nation so conceived
能永存否
and so dedicated can long endure.
吾人 吾人 吾人来此战场
We are, we are, we are met on a great battlefield of that war?
很好 谢谢
That’s good, thank you.
欲以方寸之地
We have come to dedicate a portion of that field
奉我勇士
as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives
勇士者 为赴国难而亡
that that nation might live.
吾人此举
It is…
他的叔伯们在战争第二天就牺牲了
His uncles, they died on the second day of fighting.
我还记得最后一段
I know the last part. It is…
-集♥合♥ 出发 -吾尚存者
– Company up! Move it out! – It is rather…
小伙子 该归队了 谢谢你们
Boys, best go and find your company. Thank you.
谢谢您 长官 愿上帝保佑您
Thank you, sir. God bless you.
愿上帝也保佑你
God bless you too.
吾尚存者 当担所余大任
That we here highly resolve
承烈士遗志 倍吾力于未竟之业
that these dead shall not have died in vain.
吾国 神佑之
That this nation, under God,
当获新生之自♥由♥
shall have a new birth of freedom,
民有 民治 民享之国
and that government of the people, by the people, for the people,
必永续于世
shall not perish from the earth.
夜深了
It’s nighttime.
小船被某种可怕的力量飞速地推动着
The ship’s moved by some terrible power, at a terrific speed.
尽管伸手不见五指
Though it’s imperceptible in the darkness,
我仍能感觉到我们正向海岸冲去
I have an intuition that we’re headed towards a shore.
船上没有其他人
No one else seems to be aboard the vessel and I…
我感到一阵强烈的孤独
I’m kinny aware of my aloneness.
若不做那些噩梦
I could be bounded in a nutshell
即使困于核桃壳内
and count myself a king of infinite space
我也可自命为无限疆域之帝王
were it not that I have bad dreams.