-你要做足准备 -听凭您的安排
– And you better be prepared. – I am on your disposal.
你不会真的住这里吧?
You don’t really live here, do you?
斯巴达人的个头并不比美塞尼亚人♥大♥(英雄不问出身)
Well, the spartans won’t bigger than mensenities.
是么 最终斯巴达人失败了
Yeah, and they eventurally get their asses kicked.
我没回家 想走走 一边走一边吸收 摄取
I didn’t go in. I wanted to walk, move, digest, ingest.
你知道生命中有的时刻
There are moments in life, moments, when you know,
你只要跨过那座桥 便是新生
you crossed the bridge, you old life is over.
万隆是我的那座桥 我终于有了出头之日
van Loon was my bridge. Finally I had my shout.
华尔街也将成为我的垫脚石
Wall Street would be my steppingstone.
但我能走多远呢
But how far can I go?
首席执行官 跨国公♥司♥ 甚至总统
CEO? A global force? Maybe president.
假以时日 我会叫世界震惊
Time cellody. Shook up the free world and got the things done.
突然
Suddenly,
思维再次跳跃
there was another skip.
我怎么走过20条街的
How had I gone the last 20 blocks?
又过了10条街 然后发现…
I get another 10 blocks. And then…
自己正走在市郊住♥宅♥区
I was way uptown.
这是哪一间酒吧
What bar was this?
打架?
A fight?
我不知道怎么打
I don’t know how to fight.
或许知道?
or do I?
手这样架住他嘴巴
Set her fingers in her mouth.
象这样
Like this.
攻击重要部位 眼睛 脖子 小腹
Attack vital Taek. Eyes, neck, intestines.
无论怎样 不要放弃 破坏他们的平衡
Whatever you do, do not end. Cut out the balance of your attacker.
集中力量攻击
disrupt the balance. Use the focus of your body.
当药效过去后
When it finally stopped.
我不记得在自己的生命中有那18小时
I couldn’t account for the last 18 hours in my life.
是我 我还以为你会来
Hey, It’s me. I thought you’d coming over.
你还好吗? 到家给我打个电♥话♥
Is everything okay? Call me when you get there.
我决定在不吃NZT的情况下看看万隆的文件
Even off NZT, I’ve decided to give Van Loon’s files a shoot.
天书一般
They were hieroglyphics.
-你好 -凯文 我是爱迪
– Hello? – Kevin, this is Eddie.
听好 我不能来参加今天的会议
Listen, I can’t make the meeting today.
你在说什么?
What you talking about?
我病了 今天不会来
I can not come today. I’m sick.
你现在不能感冒
You can’t have the flu right now.
他们不会再给这样的机会
They never give this chance again.
我知道 听我说…
I know, listen. I just…
我看着这一切
I looked all this, otherwise.
你昨天都做什么了
What you’ve been doing last day?
凯文 我…
Kevin, I…
你明白吗 这是测试
Don’t you get it? This is a test.
明白 但我现在过不了测试
Yes, well. I can’t pass the test right now.
我如何知道你过不了
And how may I know if you don’t.
-我理解 听我说… -你听我说
– I know, listen. I just… – Listen to me…
振作精神 来开会
pull yourself together and get done to the meeting.
好吧 我会去的
OK, ok. I’ll be there, I’ll be there.
-你好吗 爱迪 -很高兴再次见到你
– Hi. How are you? Eddie? – Good to see you again.
坐
Sit down.
-你知道些什么关于汉克·埃德伍德? -埃德伍德…
– What do you know about Henk Ed Wood? – Ed Wood…
他是个不因循传统的人
He is an iconoclast…
拥有半个科罗拉多州
owns about half of Colardo.
这就是你准备的 爱迪?
This is prepare, Eddy?
这是埃德伍德专题讨论? 每个人都了解他吗
Is this Ed Wood one on one? And does everybody know about Ed Wood.
两年前他在哪
Where was he two years ago?
不知道在哪
Nowhere.
两年前 福布斯排行榜还没有他
Two years ago, he wasn’t even on Forbes’ radar.
这是一个极大的飞跃 对吗?
This is a great big forward, right?
我落后于这个家伙
I’m backward this guy,
不知从哪儿冒出来的
comes out nowhere, so strong…
甚至在我安插人进他的公♥司♥前就已经很强大了
has been on the run before I could even get anybody in his camp.
将我挤出了最大两家企业之列 是北半球最好的公♥司♥
beats me out of two properties, best companies in the north…
我们面前的这间酒店
We are in the front of the hotel where a woman…
昨晚在房♥间内发现一名女性死者 确认为玛丽亚·温伯格
identified as Maria Vinberg, found dead last night in the room.
警方审问了酒店的员工几个小时
Police interrogated for several hours Employees at the hotel.
目击者曾看到受害者与一名男子在一起
witness saw a man together with the victim.
我们要怎么说服他 有什么主意?
How can we convince him to be in this game, got any ideas?
你怎么看
What do you think?
我想你跟他们不一样
I guess you’re not one of those guys, are you? Eddy.
你会被电视分散注意力?
We lose you if there’s a screen in the room?
世界在旋转 时间在流逝
There are tectonic plates which are shifting right under us.
稍等会儿
Hold on, one second.
这可能吗 我杀了人?
Was it possible? Could I’ve kill someone.
是我做的吗
Was it even me?
爱迪 是梅利莎
Edi? This is Melissa.
弗恩是否给了你一些东西 那些东西很危险
Did Veron give you something? Since these things are dangerous.
梅利莎
Melissa?
能见个面吗? 我要和你谈谈
Can we meet somewhere I have to talk to you.
我们正在谈
We talking now.
不 我们下午在比利餐厅见面吧
No, let meet at Billys on afternoon.
爱迪 我不能
Edi, I can’t.
来吧
Please, come.
这很重要 我真的想知道你说的那个东西
This is important. I really need to know what you talking about.
然后我意识到 还有一些人知道NZT的存在
I realized that there were other people, who might now about NZT.
弗恩的其他客户
Vernon’s other clients.
你好 我找杰瑞·布兰登
Yeah, hi. Can I talk to Jerry Braden?
杰瑞住院了
Jerry is in hospital.
-为什么? -他精神不太好
– What is it? – Yea, he is not doing well at all.
你好 保罗·卡普兰是吗?
Hello. Paul Kaplan is there?
不在 保罗三天前去世
It is not. Paul died three days ago.
我的天 抱歉
God! Sorry.
他开始是头痛 然后在工作中昏倒
He started getting headaches, then he collapsed at work.
现在还住在重症监护室
Now he is in ICU.
祝他早日康复 谢谢
Wish him all the best. Thanks.
我拨出的寻人电♥话♥
Of all the people I called…
三个死了 其余的都病了
three were dead, and the rest were sick.
你好
Hello.
哪位
Hello?
快开 快
Go! GO!
爱迪
Eddie.
梅利莎
Melissa.
不要告诉我 “我看起来不错” 我知道不好
Do not tell me that I look good, Because I know.
我不想你看到这样的我
I did not want to see me this way.
你看起来不错
You look good.
是的 我设法改变我的生活
Yes, I sorted to get myself together.
NZT会对你产生效果的
NZT will do that to you.
-什么意思? -我也服用过
– What do you mean? – I mean I took it too.
-弗恩没告诉你更多 对吧 -没告诉
– Vernie didn’t tell you this, did he? – No.
当他告诉我这药时 我想一探其中的秘密
When we he told me about this new drug I was like down the hedge…
确实让我惊讶
and it was amazing.
我在45分钟内读完布赖恩·格林的《优雅的宇宙》
I read Brian Green’s The Elegant Universe in 45 minutes.
而且我看懂了 明白了
and I understood it.
我的工作效率一夜之间忽然增长
My productivity has increased the sharply overnight.
我上司开始嫉恨我
And my boss started to hate me.
当我取得他的职位后感到害怕
They offered me his job. Then I got scared.
-为什么? -因为我还没有笨到
– Why? – Why. Because I am not stupid.
相信一个人的大脑能在完全活跃的情况下而不出问题
Nobody can operate at that level of mental activity and not crush.
我停止了服用
I stopped taking it.
-然后? -然后我病了
– And? – And I got sick.
头疼 作呕 因此我回去找弗恩
Headaches, throwing up. So I went back to Veron.
他告诉我服用过的人 都死去了
He talked me about alle the people that would die.
-你吃了多少了? 爱迪 -很多
– How much you’ve been taking? Eddie. – I’m taking a lot.
也许他们改良了
Maybe, maybe they worked out bugs.
也许是不同的种类
Maybe it’s different batch.
是的
Yes.
-你现在停药了 对吗? -先说完经过
– You off it right now, aren’t you? – Just finish the story.
我停药后没死
I didn’t take anymore and I didn’t die.
一段时间后我意识到
After a time I realized that…
自己无法集中精神超过10分钟
I can’t concentrate on to anything longer than 10 minutes.