我不知道怎么跟你说啊
I didn’t know how to tell you.
你演奏多久了呢
How long have you played?
从四年级开始
Since the forth grade.
那会儿学校举♥行♥了一个音感测试
They did this test to check everyone’s tonal ability.
我分数特别高 因此拿到了免费弹奏乐器的奖励
And I got a perfect score, so I got the free rental.
等等 免费弹奏吗
Wait, free rental?
这就是你开始弹奏科内尔管的原因
That’s how you started playing the cornett?
其实我更想演奏喇叭
Well, actually I wanted to play the trumpet.
但喇叭没有了
But they were out.
他们就给了我一个科尔内管
So they handed me a cornett,
我欣然接受了 因为它更好演奏
which is fine by me because it’s easier to play.
琴箱也更轻更好拿
The case was a lot lighter to carry around.
那挺幸运的
That was lucky.
是啊 我高中还在乐队里演奏
Yeah, I played in a band of our high school.
我爱死它了
I loved it.
我被选入了一个学校组织的全明星乐队
I was chosen to play in the special like all star band.
为雪城大学新纪念碑开幕典礼演出
They put together for the ceremony to open the new war memorial in Syracuse.
听起来很厉害
That sounds like a big deal.
希拉里还去剪彩了 我独奏了一曲
Hilary Clinton was there to cut the ribbon, I got to play solo.
那后来茱莉亚音乐学院怎么样了呢
So what happened to Juilliard?
他们邀请我入学
They invited me to attend.
哇
Wow.
是的
Yeah.
但是他们不能给我提供全额奖学金
They couldn’t offer me a full scholarship.
我没有足够的钱交学费
So, I didn’t have enough money for the tuition.
太糟糕了
That’s awful.
也不算太糟糕
Not really.
我不确定是不是真的想去
Not sure if I really wanted to go there.
那后来你做什么了呢
So what did you do then?
找了一个服务生的工作
Got a job waiting tables.
开始在地铁里演奏
Started to play in the subway.
不是吧
No.
是啊
Yeah.
我演奏过很多披头士歌♥曲
I played all these like Beatles songs,
赚了不少
and made good money.
就是在那会儿我遇到了丹尼斯
That’s how I met Dennis.
在地铁里吗
In the subway?
对 他看见了我 之后就天天呆在那儿
Yeah, he saw me and one day he just started hanging out there.
站台上面地铁来来去去
On the platform, the trains would come and go.
他就坐在站台的长凳上
He just sat there on the bench.
他给你钱了吗
Did he give you money?
给了
Oh yeah.
之后他还给我带咖啡之类的东西
After a while he started bringing me coffee and stuff.
有一次他在我包里放了一包彩虹糖
One time he dropped a bag of Skittles in my case.
超有爱
That was cute.
后来我终于问他
And then finally I asked him, you know.
“嘿 你永远都不打算和我打招呼吗”
“Hey, you ever gonna say hello?”
他说了什么
What did he say?
他说他不想打扰我
He said he didn’t wanna bother me.
他只是很喜欢我演奏喇叭的声音
He just loved the sound of my trumpet.
然后你说了什么
What did you say?
我说”这不是喇叭 笨蛋”
I said, “It’s not a trumpet, dummy.”
“这是科尔内管”
“It happens to be cornett.”
那他说了什么
What did he say?
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
他带我去一家韩国烧烤店吃午饭
And he took me to lunch at this Korean barbecue place,
还挺酷的
which I thought was really cool.
然后我们就开始一起出去玩
And we started, you know, hanging out.
像男女朋友那样吗
Like boyfriend and girlfriend?
不 没有那样直接
No, not right away.
他有个乐队
He had a band.
还有件事是他邀请我加入他的乐队
There was another thing he asked me to join his band.
他是吉他手
He plays guitar.
呃 他现在弹不了了 因为你把他的吉他扔到窗外面了
Well, not anymore since you threw it out the window.
是啊 不过 我现在觉得那么做不太好
Yeah, well, I don’t feel so good about doing that.
我当时太情绪化了
I let my emotions get the better of me.
你的科尔内管现在在哪儿呢
So where is your cornett?
不在我这了
I don’t have it anymore.
为什么不在了
Why not?
说来话长
Long story.
出现了一点经济困难
Got into a little financial situation.
你卖♥♥掉了
You sold it?
对 卖♥♥掉了
Sold it, yeah.
还卖♥♥了一个很不错的号♥角和很多曲谱
There’s a nice horn too, and odes.
号♥角是我爸爸送给我的高中毕业礼物
My dad bought it for my high school graduation.
完全是个惊喜
Total surprise.
我甚至都不知道他去毕业典礼了
I didn’t even know he was there.
那会儿我有一段时间没见到他了
I hadn’t seen him for a while.
典礼结束后我走出去
And when I was leaving the ceremony,
他就在停车场里面等着
He was waiting in the parking lot.
手里拿着一只盒子 上面还绑了大大的缎带
He was holding this case of a big ribbon around it.
就这样吧 晚安
Well, good night.
晚安
Good night.
你专门为独奏会写的那首曲子叫什么
What was the name of that piece you wrote for your recital?
如晴天 似雨天
Like Sunday, like rain.
真美
Uh, so beautiful.
我以后还会写一段科尔内管曲
I’ll write a part for cornett.
嘿 雪莉
Hey, Shelly.
嗨 埃利诺
Hey, Eleanor.
这是拉吉
This is Raggie.
你染头发了
You dyed your hair.
我听说你们昨晚在旅馆住的
So I heard that you guys stayed at a inn last night.
很抱歉房♥间那么乱
I’m sorry my room was such a mess.
是啊 本可以收拾干净一点的
Yeah, could have cleaned it up a little bit.
我一周工作40小时 根本没时间收拾
You know it’s kind of hard to do when you work 40 hours a week.
那你究竟在那儿做什么呢
And what are you doing working in that place?
除了那儿还有很多地方可以去啊
There’re plenty of places besides that to work in.
你知道吗 我在哪儿工作不关你的事
You know what? It is none of your business where I work.
你♥他♥妈♥会给我付车险 账单吗
Are you gonna cover my fucking car insurance and payments for me?
我们进去吧
Come on.
是啊 我想你不会
Yeah, I didn’t think so.
当然了
That’s right.
在你的朋友面前表现得趾高气昂
act all high and mighty in front of your friend
你昨晚在哪儿睡的
Where did you go?
你要是住的戴斯酒店就别和我说了
Don’t tell me if you stay in the Days Inn.
妈 把烟熄掉 有小孩在呢
Mom, put out the cigarette, there’s a child present.
戴尔在哪儿
Where is Dale?
睡觉呢
Sleeping.
你想吃幸运符麦片吗
You like lucky charms?
我这儿有幸运符麦片
I got lucky charms.
他不吃
He’s fine.
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
他很挫的车钥匙放这儿了
Here’s his lousy keys.
我要叫出租车
I’m calling a taxi.
你又要去哪儿
Where are you going now?
汽车站
Bus station.
汽车站
Bus station?
你去看你♥爸♥爸了吗
Did you see your father?
你不是专程回来看他的吗
I thought that’s what you came to do.
是啊 我看望过他了
Yeah, yeah, I saw him.
你呢 你有去看过他吗
How about you? Have you seen him?
这里有人费心去看过他吗
Has anyone here bother to go down there to see him?
小点声
You keep your voice down.
你自从回来就一直在大喊大叫
You have had a bug up your ass since you showed up here.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
是的 我需要一辆出粗车
Yeah, I’d like a taxi.
凯伍德路59号♥
59, Kenwood Street.
对 去汽车站 谢谢
Yeah, to the bus station, thanks.
你们到底在吵什么
What the hell is all these noise going on?
他还戴着氧气罩呢 戴尔
He is on life support, Dale.