Six in a word for most spare.
是Merest这个词
Merest.
Merest是什么鬼
Merest?
M-E-R-E-S-T 意思就是仅仅就是规定的量
M-E-R-E-S-T for mere that is solely or no more
不比指定的程度要多或者好
or better than what is specified.
仅仅的 就是最小的 最少的
Merest, the smallest or slightest.
喂 怎么了
Yeah, what?
我他妈呆在哪儿跟你没关系
It’s not your fucking business where I stayed.
我有问你整晚都去哪了吗
Do I ask you where you go all night?
你♥他♥妈♥的总是这样 丹尼斯 我告诉你 我不干了
It happens all the fucking time, Dennis. And I told you, I am finished.
还有 呵 真谢谢你啊 你乱发脾气 害得我失业
Oh, and thanks for getting me fired from my job with your little tantrum.
你觉得发生了什么
What did you think what happened?
什么 我绝对不会回来了 我告诉你…
What? No, I’m not coming back, I told you…
我们通常都会仔细审查
OK, we don’t usually move forward
之后才开始
until we had a chance to check everything over thoroughly,
但现在有一项工作你可能非常适合
but something’s coming that you might be perfect for,
我不想错过这个机会
and I don’t wanna miss out.
这个工作必须马上开始 可能就在今天下午
It would start immediately, possibly this afternoon.
可以吗
How does that work?
好啊 没问题
Yeah, yes, I can start immediately.
今天下午吗
This afternoon?
对啊
Yeah.
这个工作要住在雇主家
It’s a living situation.
好
OK.
他们在找临时工
They are looking for someone on a temporary basis,
可以干几个月 也可能更长
a couple of months, could go longer.
怎么样
How does that work?
挺好的
It’s fine.
这家雇主住在上西区
It’s a family on the upper west side
需要你照顾他家12岁的孩子
and would essentially require you looking after their 12-year-old
干点儿不重的家务活
and do the light housework, I guess?
没问题
Yes.
好的 这是地址 他们会等你的
Great! Here’s the address, they will be expecting you.
还有和女主人有一个小面试
It’s a brief interview with the women of the house.
去的路上在药店停一下
On your way, stop at a drug store
买♥♥一个妆刷或什么类似的用品整理一下眼妆
and pick up a little light blush or something settled for your eyes.
你的眼妆太浓了 最好快点行动
It’s a bit much. Better get moving.
-你好 -嗨
-Hello. -Hi.
我是巴巴拉·门将
Barbara Keeper.
我是埃利诺·洛根
Eleanor Logan.
好的
Well then,
我们去图书馆谈谈
let’s go to the library and check.
-你是从北部来的吗 -是的
-You are from upstate? -Yeah.
嗯 是这样的 我的保姆突然走了
OK, well, my nanny left unexpectedly.
我的丈夫在中国工作
My husband is in China,
他的公♥司♥在北♥京♥ 在那做生意
in Beijing, that’s where his company his business is based.
不到一周我也要去北♥京♥
I will be joining him there in less than a week.
-你抽烟吗 -不抽
-Do you smoke? -No.
如果你想抽烟的话 只能在阳台上抽
If you are gonna smoke, only on the balconies.
这儿有15个阳台 你想抽的话选一个
There are fifteen different balconies, choose one if you wanna smoke.
嗯 我不抽烟的
OK, I don’t smoke.
那么 有关于雷吉的事儿 克莱尔给你讲了什么
So, Reggie, what did Clare tell you, anything?
嗯 没怎么说
Uh, very little.
他12岁 基本上你只需要接送他上学放学
He’s 12, basically you get him to
就这些
That’s it.
如果你需要什么 埃萨会帮你
Anything else you need, Esa will help you.
埃萨 是的 夫人
Esa? Yes, ma’ma.
天哪 你离我只有两尺远 别离这么近
Christ! You are two feet away from me, don’t do that!
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’ma.
海伦娜[叫错名字] 从现在起就接替图拉
Helena here is going to take over for Tula.
是埃利诺
Eleanor.
-你有男朋友吗 -没有
-Do you have a boyfriend? -No.
如果你要见你男朋友 可以去他家或其他地方
If you wanna see your boyfriend, go to his house or wherever,
这里是绝对不允许的 明白吗
cause it is strictly-prohibited here, OK?
明白
OK.
我告诉你 他必须按时吃饭
OK, here’s the thing. He’s got to eat.
如果你不要求他的话 他是不会吃的
If you don’t make him, he won’t.
他只吃那么几样东西 非常挑食
He only likes certain things, he’s very picky about it.
不吃肉 只吃素食
No meat, vegetarian only.
他不吃肉 不吃鱼 不吃家禽
He doesn’t eat meat, fish, or poultry.
除了豆腐和素食 其他的都不吃
He doesn’t eat anything except tofu and vegetarian stuff.
他今天几点放学
What time is he out today?
四点半音乐课下课
He has his music until 4:30.
好的 你四点半去接他下课
Great, so you will pick him up at 4:30.
我绝对不希望他走路上学放学
I absolutely do not want him walking to or from school.
第一不安全 第二不然要司机有什么用
A, it’s not safe. B, that’s why I employ a driver.
好了可以了
So we are safe.
埃萨 确保劳拉[再次叫错名字]再熟悉一遍所有的流程
Esa, make sure Laura here gets the whole run down on everything.
十五分钟后我预约了按♥摩♥
I’ve got my massage in fifteen minutes.
我要先吃药 好好准备一下
I’m gonna take my pill and get ready.
-打扰一下你好 -你好
-Uh, excuse me, hi. -Hi.
我是埃利诺 我来接你回家
I’m Eleanor. I’m here to pick you up.
他们告诉你了吗
Did they tell you?
看样子他们没告诉你 好吧 车在那儿
They didn’t tell you. OK, well, the car is right there.
其实我更喜欢走路
Actually I prefer to walk.
呃 但你的妈妈想让你坐车
Well, your mom really wants you to take the car.
不管我妈妈说了什么
Despite what my mother might have said.
我和司机说好了
I have an arrangement with the guy,
我们有金钱约定
an understanding a financial agreement.
现在我要走路回家 这是我的事
Now I aim to walk home. It’s my thing.
不管晴天下雨我每天都是这样
I do it everyday, rain or shine.
对话结束 就这样
Period, the end.
-好吧 -好吧
-Fine. -Fine.
-喂 -怎么了
-Hey. -Yeah?
你能停一下不
Do you hang on a second?
我是埃利诺
I am Eleanor.
我叫雷吉
Reggie.
很高兴认识你
Pleased to meet you.
我也是
Likewise.
那个东西不会有点重么
Isn’t that thing a little heavy?
沉啊 不过没关系
Yeah, but I don’t mind.
刚才简直太赞了
It was pretty amazing.
什么太赞了
I’m sorry?
你的演奏 那一段简直完美
Your playing, in that pieces, absolutely gorgeous.
谢谢
Thanks.
大提琴和小提琴相互协奏是多么悲伤多么动听
The way of the viola and the violins interacted so sad and beautiful.
谁写的那首曲子
Who composed that?
我
Me.
你写的吗
You composed it?
对啊
I did.
哇哦 你肯定很爱音乐
Oh, wow, oh, you must really love doing that.
我看得出来你非常喜欢拉琴
I mean I can tell you really love to play.
挺喜欢的
Something to do.
这是你长大以后的梦想吗
Is that what you wanna do when you grow up?
-长大以后哈 -是啊
-When I grow up? -Yeah.
-不是 -为什么呢
-No. -Why not?
为什么不是 嗯 你看 首先
Why not? Well, let’s see, first off,
我可不想孤独老死 一人沉醉
the prospect of ending up bitter and lonely drunk doesn’t quite appeal to me.
好吧
OK.
更不要说 艺术 作为一种语言 已经灭绝了
And not to mention the fact that art, as a language, is dead.
你要说什么和你说得有多好
Doesn’t matter what you have to say
都无关紧要了
or how well you might be able to say it.
都灭绝了
Dead.
观点有点凄凉啊
Kind of a bleak view.
是的 事实如此
Yes, that is.
我拼好了
Boom.
什么是Do zipper
Do zipper. What is that?
我用这个词可以赢120分
It’s like a hundred and twenty points to me.
那不是一个词
It’s not a word.
它就是 笨蛋
It is a word, dickhead.
现在我想用那12个的圆桌骑士中的一个