“今世纪的诸多错误
“The sins ye do by two and two,
每一个你都要偿还”
“you must pay for one by one!”
当然 我不认识那个男的
‘Course I don’t know who the guy is.
但我了解男人 特别是已婚的
But I know men especially married men!
一些我最好的朋友中
Some of my best friends…
别让她使你难过
Don’t let her upset you.
她显然说到重点
She certainly has a way of getting at things.
没错
That’s right.
不介意 我想要找人谈谈
I didn’t mind her prying, really. I wanted to talk.
或许这是我更迷惑的原因
Maybe that’s why I’m all mixed up,
因为我从未告诉过别人
because I’ve never told anybody.
我想我宁愿告诉你而非其他人
I think I’d rather tell you than anybody.
他叫史蒂芬
His name is Stephen.
他是个医生
He’s a doctor.
我们在同一家医院共事
We worked in the same hospital.
我自始至终都知道他已结婚
All the time, I knew he was married.
他的妻子是位淑女 也有一对漂亮的子女
His wife’s a fine woman, and they have two beautiful children.
所以你可以了解 我当时是多绝望 非常绝望
So, you see, it was hopeless. It was quite hopeless.
当然我了解
Yes, of course! I… I see!
我们最后决定忘了一切
Well, we both decided to forget about it.
而当他从军被送至伦敦 我很高兴
And when he enlisted and was sent to London, I was glad.
我真的很高兴
I was really glad.
我试着想把他忘了 但我无法
I tried to forget him, but I couldn’t.
他写了几封信给我 但我从未回信
He wrote several times. I never answered.
然后 我被分配到伦敦
And then when I was assigned to London myself…
我知道如果我们在那儿遇见
Well, I knew if we met there
远离家乡 远离一切
away from home, away from every…
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
或许等我回家之后
Maybe I better wait till I get home
上胡斯特的节目 聊聊这件事
and take it up with Mr Whosits on the Goodwill Hour.
有时候 那节目颇有趣的
Sometimes that programme’s funny.
有时一点也不
Sometimes it isn’t a bit.
当人们陷入麻烦时 把内心世界吐露出来
When people are in trouble, they turn themselves inside-out.
当他们得到答案 似乎也快乐点
Seem to feel better when they get some sort of an answer.
不管他们有无得到答案 他们感到好一点
Whether they get an answer or not, they feel better.
谢谢 史坦利
Thank you, Stanley.
很美的夜晚 很多星星
Lovely night we’re having. Lots of stars out tonight.
我记得船被击中的前一晚
I remember the night before we was torpedoed.
诺伦他是我第一个
Nolan was… He was my first.
-我在船上见过他 -对 没错
– Yes, I met him on the boat. – That’s right. Yes.
他告诉我
He was telling me all about
他老婆要去百慕大与她家人住
his wife going to stay with her family in Bermuda.
以及这次战争后 改变了一切
And how it’s changed since the war.
他还告诉我
He told me that…
我记得当他指 出航线时
I remember as he pointed out our course over the bows,
我在水平线上看到火星
I saw the planet Mars low on the horizon.
那是火星 在右边
That’s Mars over there, to the right.
而那是金星
And that’s Venus.
我们正当前往金星 那表示向东走
We’re headed for Venus. We’re going East.
我们不是前往百慕大 而是远离百慕大
We’re not heading for Bermuda. We’re heading to miss Bermuda.
我们等着瞧吧
Well, we’ll see about that.
我认为他是个天才
After all, we did have to drag it out of…
他把我们当傻瓜骗得团团转
That’s part of the trick. He made suckers out of all of us.
我们不能不经审而判他罪
Kovac, I still say we have no right to condemn the man without a hearing.
即使他给我们的航线是错的
Perhaps the course he gave us was wrong, but that doesn’t prove anything.
也不能证明什么 他有可能出错
He might have been mistaken.
昨天问他关于航线时
When I questioned him yesterday, he didn’t want to commit himself.
他说没有罗盘他无法确定
He said one couldn’t be sure without a compass.
最好把他叫醒然后问他
The thing to do is to wake him up and question him.
为什么 除了谎言 什么也不会得到
We’ll get nothing but lies. That’s what he was brought up on.
一个人在未被定罪前
And I was brought up under the idea
都是清白的
that a man is innocent until he’s proved guilty.
要怎样指定某人为他的律师
What do you want me to do? Appoint one of us to be his lawyer?
你还不懂没有罗盘
But don’t you see, without a compass…
波特太太 还记得昨天你
Mrs Porter, remember yesterday you looked at your watch
告诉德国佬时间吗
and told the German the time?
-记得 -他问你几点吗
– Yes! – Did he ask you the time?
当然是的
Of course he did.
-那就怪了 -怎么怪了
– That’s funny. – What’s funny about it?
-他自已有手表 -有啊 奇怪
– He had a watch of his own. – Well, what of it?
如果有手表为何要问她几点
If he had a watch, why would he have to ask Mrs Porter for the time?
这不能证明什么
That doesn’t prove anything.
经常我有手表在口袋里 我还是问别人的几点
Lots of times I have my own watch in my pocket and I ask somebody the time.
很多人都这样 只是节省时间罢
Lots of people do that! It just, uh It just saves time, that’s all.
在问波特太太前 他先看自已的表
But he looked at his own watch just before he asked Mrs Porter.
或许他的表停了
Perhaps his own watch stopped.
我记得在他问时间前 他瞄了一下太阳
I remember when he asked for the time, he took a squint at the sun.
你试着想定他罪 只因他瞄了太阳
What are you trying to do, convict a man because he looks at the sun?
-问时间是犯罪吗 -当然不是
– Is it a crime to ask for the time? – Certainly not.
-现在几点 -7点10分
– What time is it? – Ten past 7:00.
-你表慢了 -慢了 这是菲力帕提表
– I think you’re slow. – Slow? That’s a Philippe Patek.
让我们看看德国佬的表 是几点
I wanna know what time it is by the German’s watch.
为何不叫醒他问他呢
Well, why don’t you wake him up and ask him?
有乔在 我们不用叫醒他
Don’t have to wake him up. Not with Joe around.
-乔 -什么
– Joe. – Yeah?
-动手吧 -嗯
– Operate. – Huh?
做你的事
Do your stuff.
什么事 我不懂你所指为何
What stuff? I don’t know what you mean.
搜查他
Frisk him for his turnip.
你知道我早就不干那事了
I cut that stuff out a long time ago.
但这是紧急状况
But this is an emergency.
-大伙会了解的 -了解什么
– The folks’ll understand. – Understand what?
乔以前是最好的
Joe used to be one of the best all-around…
等等 盖斯
Now, wait a minute, Gus!
别提旧事了
You ain’t got no right bringin’ up what used to be.
没关系 乔 我的一些好朋友
That’s all right, Joe. Some of my best friends are…
我立过誓 宗教上的誓
I know, but I made a pledge, a solemn pledge.
你想抗命
Do you wanna commit mutiny?
-这是命令吗 -没错
– Is it an order? – It’s an order.
我无法做到 他在睡觉
Oh, I can’t. The guy’s asleep.
很好的机会 是不是
That’s a break, isn’t it?
就好像射杀架上的鸭子般
Yeah, but it’s like… It’s like shootin’ a sittin’ duck!
如果你有良心困扰
Quit stalling! If your conscience bothers you,
那将他吵醒 快拿他的表
wake him up! Only, get the ticker!
考威
Kovac!
看来会有巨风
Looks like quite a blow.
原谅我 对不起
Pardon me! I’m… sorry!
现在你知道正确的时间吧
Now, you know the right time.
可恶的鼠辈
Dirty double-crossing rat!
考威 你要干什么
Kovac, what are you gonna do?
-我们该怎么做 -不要说我们
– What do you think we’re gonna do? – Don’t say “we”!
-我会不同意的 -我又没问你的意见
– I’ll not consent to a thing like this. – I’m not consulting you.
对这家伙我们只能做一件事 –
There’s only one thing to do with the guy.
但 考威 这是谋杀
But, Kovac, it’s… it’s murder!
这是谋杀
It’s execution!
这是处死刑 我们不可以这样
No, we can’t! We mustn’t!
一定有其他的办法
There must be some other way.
为何不把他绑起来 叫人看守他
Why can’t we tie him up, keep a watch on him?
处死他 考威 现在
Let him have it, Kovac! Right now!
我不是在替他辩解
I’m not defending the man.
但让我们等到晚上 然后早上
But why can’t we wait till it’s night? Then, in the morning…
你怎么那么娇气 我们打仗
What are you so squeamish about? We’re at war!
在战争中没见过他们被杀吗
You’ve seen ’em killed, haven’t you?
在战场上 有的 但非像这样蓄意杀人
In battle, yes! But not in cold blood like this!
-小心 -史坦利
– Look out! – Stanley!
你们这群笨蛋别只为自已想
You fools! Stop thinking of yourselves! Think of the boat!
想想船吧 乔 快弄帆脚索
Joe, take the sheet! Make it fast!
考威 操纵抽水机
Kovac, man the pump!
其余的人 把水舀出
The rest of you bail!
你不知道 我们有了一个领导
What do you know? We got a fL’lhrer!