从上开始发牌
And see you deal them off the top.
有人从下开始发牌吗
You mean, you’re used to people dealing off the bottom?
只是开玩笑的
I was just joking.
从来想过我会进入这行 以前看到血就昏过去
I never thought I’d go into it. I used to faint at the sight of blood.
你怎会加入商船
What made you join the merchant marine?
我不知道 从未想过
I don’t know. Never thought about it.
大概是因为我住在格林威治
I suppose it was ’cause I lived in Greenwich.
或许是那儿的河流及船只
Maybe it was the river there, and the ships.
这是我第一次到海上
It’s the first time I’ve ever been to sea.
我是在乡下麦田中长大的
I was born and raised in the wheat country.
有时风吹麦田
You know, sometimes when the wind blows through the wheat,
看起来就像海一样
it looks something like the sea.
怎么会 加入商船的日子并不坏
Well, it’s not a bad life, the merchant marine,
除了U型船的攻击外
except for the U-boats.
过一阵子 你便习惯他们了
After a while, you get to taking even them in your stride.
第一次时颇恐怖的 是不是
It’s rather scary the first time, though, isn’t it?
我很高兴鱼雷击中货船
I’m glad the freighter was torpedoed.
多么不寻常的话讶
My dear young lady, what an extraordinary thing to say!
你为什么这样做
What are you doing that for?
绷带太紧了
It’s the bandage, Lu, it’s too tight or something.
等等 让我来
Oh, wait! Let me!
天啊
Holy mackerel!
很糟是不是
Ain’t it a lulu?
怎么了 小姐
What about it, Miss?
我不知道 恐怕
I don’t know! I’m afraid it…
看起来像羊腿肉
Looks more like a leg of lamb, don’t it?
告诉他在我把他丢下船前
Get away from here!
滚回去原来站的地方
Tell him to get back to his place before I throw him overboard!
他说什么
What did he say?
盖斯 恐怕你的腿情况不妙
Gus, I’m afraid your leg’s very bad.
-生坏疽 -没错 生坏疽
– Gangrene? – Ja, Gangrene.
必须马上做切除手术
It’ll have to be amputated at once!
我从未在切除手术中做过助手
I’ve never even assisted in an amputation.
他说 身为一个敌人
He says, being an enemy and, technically, our prisoner,
或许你不会信任他来开刀
perhaps you wouldn’t want to trust him with the operation,
但他愿意做此手术
but he’s willing to do it.
他懂个屁
What the devil does he know about it?
参军前他是外科医生 做过很多的手术
He says he was a surgeon in civilian life. He’s done many operations.
如果是的话 大概是不合法的
If he did, they were probably illegal.
他是医务人员 为何不在医务单位
If he’s a medical man, why isn’t he in medical service?
我不知道 我也不在乎
I don’t know and I don’t care!
或许坏 也不合法 但病就在那儿
Perhaps the gangrene isn’t legal, either, but it’s there!
腿必须切除
The leg has to come off.
不可能 我不要开刀
No dice! I don’t want no operation!
-你想活下去 对吧 -但不想失去腿
– Darling, you want to live, don’t you? – Not with one leg.
-别傻了 盖斯 -你不了解
– Don’t be a sap, Gus! – You don’t understand.
我当然了解 因为罗丝
Sure, I do! Rosie!
罗丝跟这有何关系
What’s Rosie got to do with it?
都有关 如果我失去腿也失去罗丝
Everything! lfl lose my leg, I lose Rosie.
当然 我不了解罗丝
Of course, I don’t know Rosie.
舞蹈是她生命的全部
She loves to dance. It’s her hobby. It’s her whole life.
以她的立场来想 你喜欢跳舞吗
Put yourself in her place. Do you like to dance?
很喜欢
Mad about it!
好的 那么可以么
Well, then, what good’s a hepcat with one gam missin’?
如果我的腿去了 罗丝也去了
If my leg goes, Rosie goes!
如果她是那种的
If she’s that kind of a…
不要叫”罗丝那种的”
Don’t you call Rosie that kind of a…
我不知道我介绍你两认识 是不是
I oughta know I introduced you to her, didn’t I?
不 是艾尔介绍给我们认识的
No, you didn’t! Al Magaroulian introduced me to her.
-我认识她在艾尔之前 -艾尔
– I knew her before Al Magaroulian did. – Al Magaroulian…
去他的艾尔何东西 他跟这有何关系
The heck with Al Magaroulian! What’s he got to do with it?
-罗丝很出色 -而且混账的视力也很好
– Rosie’s as good as anybody. – And a darn sight better.
如果她是对的那种女人
If she was the right kind of a woman…
考威 把你刚说的收回去
Kovac, you take that back!
亲爱的 别听他说的 现在听我说
Darling, don’t pay any attention to this human 24-sheet! Listen to me!
我不认识罗丝 但我懂女人
I don’t know Rosie, but I know women.
我的最好朋友中有些是女人
Some of my best friends are women.
-其中有一个就是那种 -那种什么
– And one of ’em’s that kind of a… – What kind of a…?
就是独♥立♥自主的动物
Well, an independent creature who lives her own life!
过着自已的生活
That’s Rosie all over.
有颗慷慨仁慈的心
With a heart of gold. And she gives it away.
罗丝会将身上的衣服给他人
Rosie’d give the shirt off her back to anybody.
她的心非常仁慈
She’s got a heart as big as her head.
而你要打碎她的心
And you wanna break it.
-谁 我 -你宁愿死也不愿信任她
– Who, me? – Well, you’d rather die than trust her!
谁说我不信任她 艾尔才是我不信任的
Who says I don’t trust her? It’s AI Magaroulian I don’t trust!
他比我还早认识罗丝
He knew her before I did.
她对我发誓 他们两之间并无瓜葛
She swore to me there was nothing between them, but…
或许就没有
Maybe there wasn’t.
但罗丝只是个凡人
But Rosie’s human like everybody else,
我们并非已经结婚 有了家庭
and it ain’t like we was married, or had a home and all.
或许 在上次出海前我们该结婚的
Maybe we shoulda got hitched before I left on that last trip.
我应该投保的
I shoulda took care of that insurance.
罗丝不断问我
Rosie kept askin’ me about it.
那孩子总是想着我
The kid’s always thinkin’ of me.
这是为什么你该替她想想的原因
That’s why you’ve got to think of her,
衣锦还乡 举♥行♥盛大的表演
back home, putting on a big show,
笑着 舞着假装你玩得很愉快
laughing and dancing, pretending to be having a good time.
那一段日子她的心痛
And all the while, her heart’s aching,
正被撕裂着
torn with loneliness and uncertainty.
不知道你是生或是死
Not knowing whether you’re dead or alive.
最后她发现你还活着
Then, at last, to find out that you risked your life,
或者死去 只因你对她没有信心
perhaps even died, just because you had no faith in her?
上帝原谅我
God, forgive me!
可怜的孩子 她的心会碎
Poor kid, she’d be broken-hearted when she…
我们动手吧 还等什么
Well, let’s go! What are we all waitin’ for?
他需要水 乔
He’ll need a pail of water, Joe.
-有麻醉剂吗 -没有东西
– ls there any sort of anaesthetic? – Nothing!
-没有 -你不是有些白兰地
– Nein. – You have some brandy, haven’t you?
他说 白兰地总比没有好
He says brandy’s better than nothing.
我刚刚是不是听到白兰地
Did I hear brandy?
-我拿给你 -哦 谢谢 乔
– Let me get it for you. – Oh, thanks, Joe!
你可以帮我打开吗
Can you open it for me?
没错 在这里
That’s right, it’s just here.
-这里 亲爱的 -嗨 吼 银马
– Here, darling. – Hi-yo, Silver.
他需要止血带 一条皮带之类的
He’ll need a tourniquet, a belt or something.
真是疯了 我会掉裤子的
I’ll lose my pants if I take mine off.
-你的皮带如何 史派克 -给你
– How ’bout your belt, Sparks? – Here it is.
-好的 乔 -很高兴认识你
– Get it, Joe. – It was nice knowin’ ya.
哦 乔
Um, oh, Joe!
他要一根针及线
He wants a needle and twine from the, uh, boat kit or something.
在袋子里头 乔
It’s in a ditty bag, Joe.
啊
Aah!
很快我就会感到很舒畅了
Am I gonna feel good pretty soon.
考威 你为何那样说罗丝
Kovac, why’d you want to say that about Rosie?
-说什么 -你刚刚说的
– Say what? – What you said.
-我很抱歉 盖斯 -把话收回
– I’m sorry, Gus. – Take it back!
好 我把话收回
Okay, I take it back.
我们能用什么来代替镊子 你有小钳子吗
What can we use for forceps? You have tweezers?
有 乔 在我袋子里
I’ve got tweezers. Yes, Joe, you’ll find them in my bag.
-最上面的小盒子 -对
– The little box on the top. – Right.
问他他能喝多少酒
Ask him how much of that stuff he can drink.
尽量喝 盖斯
Go ahead, Gus! The works! Down the hatch!
我永远不会忘记你
I’ll never forget you.
乔 清一下那些东西
Joe, clear away some of that stuff.
把它放在这里
We’ll lay him out here.
我们需要重一点的东西来固定它
We’ll need something for weights to hold it down.
考威 你知道我怎么想
Kovac… You know what I think
你那位不好的朋友艾尔吗
of that no-good, snake-in-the-grass friend of yours, AI Magaroulian?
艾尔不是我的朋友
Magaroulian’s no friend of mine.