因扁平足让他免于被征召入伍
He’s got fallen arches.
但无法让他远离罗丝
Keeps him outta the draft, but not outta Roseland.
考威你懂机械对不对
Kovac, you know something about machinery, don’t you?
-一点点 -你可以帮我修这扣环吗
– A little. – See if you can fix this clasp.
波特小姐 我读了不少你的作品
Mrs Porter, I’ve read a lot of your stuff.
你知道有问题吗
You wanna know what’s the matter with it?
不知道 请说
No, do tell me.
你到过很多地 遇过很多人
You’ve been all over the world. You’ve met all kinds of people.
但你从未写到他们 只写你自已
But you never write about them, you only write about yourself.
你认为整个战争像一场秀
You think this whole war’s a show put on for you to cover,
像百老汇的戏剧让你来采访
like a Broadway play.
如果最后一幕死伤够惨重的话
And if enough people die before the last act,
你或许会给它4颗星的评论
maybe you might give it four stars.
来吧 史派克
Come on, Sparks.
-够了 停下 听我说 -举起手来
– All right, tovarichl Now, listen to me! – Heads up!
乔 掌好舵直到垂直方向
Joe, man the tiller till we’re squared away!
伙伴们 我们上路了
– Well, folks, we’re under way. – Where to?
-到哪儿呢 -我们要去哪
– Huh? – Where are we going?
首先船长说 要到百慕大群岛
First operator said we were headed for Bermuda.
好 史派克 那你未掌舵
Well, good! Uh, Sparks, you better take the tiller.
是的 先生 那进行的路线方向
Yes, sir! Uh, what about the course?
有人知道百慕大的方向
Does anybody here know the course to Bermuda?
方向是东南东115
I was at the wheel when we got punctured. The course was 115 east-southeast.
很好 东南东方向
Fine, then, east-southeast it is.
是的 先生 但那儿是东南东的方向
Yes, sir! But, uh, where is east-southeast?
-没有罗盘 -那太阳呢
– Without a compass… – What’s the matter with the sun?
太阳很高 很难判断
With the sun this high, it’s pretty hard to tell the points of the compass.
我想是这个方向
I think it’s out that way.
你想 都没有人知道吗
– You think? – Doesn’t anybody know?
-他说东南东是那个方向 -他怎知道
– He says east-southeast is that direction. How’s he know?
他的U型船不就在 附近演习过
Well, he ought to know. His U-boat was operating around here, wasn’t it?
但百慕大群岛是英国的领域
Do you suppose he’d lead us to Bermuda, British territory?
他说他宁愿在百慕大当战俘 也不愿在此
He says he’d rather be a prisoner of war in Bermuda than here.
至少那边食物还比较好
At least he’d have good food and a bed.
我不信任他说的话
I wouldn’t trust anything he says.
考威你太偏激了 你根本无法思考
Kovac, you’re so prejudiced you can’t think straight.
如果说有人知道我们在那
If anybody’s in the position to know
如何去百慕大的就是他
where we are and where Bermuda is, he’s the one.
-谁说的 -我们照着德国佬的方向走
– Who says so? – We’ll follow the German’s course.
谁选当你船长的
Who elected you skipper?
如果你较喜欢其他人
Well, I… ‘Course, if there’s anybody else you’d prefer…
你懂船吗
What do you know about a ship?
他刚好拥有一个船坞 只是卖♥♥了
He just happens to own a shipyard, that’s all.
-他进去过 -他有上千的员工
– Has he ever been in it? – He has thousands of employees.
当然他知道如何管理人 但不是在救生艇上
Of course he knows how to handle men.
我们要的是一位精于航海的人 已有一位人选
Not in a lifeboat. What we need is an able seaman, and we’ve got one.
谁 我 我是个不精航海的人
Who, me? I’m a disabled seaman.
我没有执行的能力
Anyhow, I never did have no executive ability.
-我想或许史派克 -不 我不行
– I think maybe Sparks there… – No, not me.
我知一点航海学
I know a bit about navigation,
实际管理一条船
but when it comes to taking charge of a boat, well…
-考威如何 -那笨蛋管理这条船
– What about Kovac? – That clunk run this boat?
凭什么 一个油罐
With what? An oil can?
如果你在说一位船长 我们已有一位船长了
If you’re talking about a skipper, we have a skipper right on this boat.
-他不是一位船长 -不是吗
– He wasn’t the captain. – Wasn’t he?
-船长 -什么事
– Herr Kapitein? – Ja?
我会遭天遣
Well, I’m a monkey’s uncle.
有一个知道水性的人了
There! You have a man who’s familiar with these waters.
他精于航海及知道航海学 如何
He knows seamanship and navigation. What about it?
你要把船给一个
You want to turn the boat over
炸我们船的人
to the man who sunk our ship and shelled our lifeboats?
我要你把船
I want you to turn the boat over
交给最能胜任的人
to the man obviously best qualified to run it.
-你发疯了 -等等
– You’re crazy. – Now, wait a minute.
让我心平气和地解决此事
There are two sides to everything. Let’s look at this calmly and reasonably.
德国佬跟我们一样想安全抵达
The German is just as anxious to get to safety as we are,
且他受过完整训练 为什么他不能管理这条船
and if he’s a trained skipper, why shouldn’t he take charge?
因为我要来管理这条船 从何时
– Because I’m taking charge. – Since when?
从现在起 怎么样
As of now, I’m skipper.
不喜欢我当船长的 游泳到百慕达
Anybody who don’t like it can get out and swim to Bermuda.
-我加入 -我也没意见
– I’ll buy it. – Suits me.
-你呢 小姐 -我也加入
– What about you, miss? – I’m for it.
-是 先生 -如果其他人都同意
– Yes, sir! – Well, if the rest agree…
好 船长 方向是什么
All right, Commissar, what’s the course?
我们
Well, we…
-你说那一个方向 史派克 -在那儿
– Which way’d you say, Sparks? – Out there.
不对 不对
Nein, nein.
他说如果你走那方向
He says if you go your way, you’ll only head further out to sea.
坚持百慕达在那个方向
He insists the course to Bermuda is that way.
我们往这方向走史派克去掌舵
We’ll head this way. Take the tiller, Sparks!
是的 先生
Aye, aye, sir!
小心
Careful!
还包括北欧的
Including the Scandinavian.
-康妮 你觉得如何 -很糟
– How do you feel now, Connie? – Awful!
不是海让我感到难过
It isn’t the sea that makes me sick, it’s the loss of my typewriter.
而是失去我打字机 它跟我到各处
That typewriter went with me everywhere
罗马 巴黎 柏林 伦敦
Rome, Berlin, Paris, London.
-哦 别发牢骚了 -为何我不能发牢骚
– Oh, quit grousing. – Why shouldn’t I grouse?
我所有的财产都一一被拿起
Little by little, I’m being stripped of all my earthly possessions.
首先是我漂亮的丝♥袜♥ 然后是照相机
First, my beautiful stocking, then my camera.
这我还不在乎 倒是里头的底片
I don’t mind the loss of the camera so much, but the film in it.
想到我就难过
I get positively ill when I think about it.
记得上次战后的经济繁荣
Hey, do you remember the boom we had after the last war?
而这一次 我们将有的繁荣
Well, the boom we’re gonna have after
将会让上一次显得温和多了
this one’ll make the last look like a mild flurry.
然后蒸气卷发器也泡汤
Then my steamer rug goes,
再来我的貂皮大衣 现在是我的打字机
then my fur coat, and now my typewriter!
拿中国来说
Take China, for example.
4亿顾客等着实东西
400 million customers waiting to sign on the dotted line
只要战争结束 和平到那儿
as soon as peace is declared.
我不该搭船 应该搭螺旋桨飞机
I never should’ve taken the freighter, should’ve gone by clipper.
我也是 我这次应该在西班牙的
Me, too! I’d have been in Spain by this time.
到西班牙 为美国政♥府♥
Spain? Were you going for the state department?
美国政♥府♥ 当然不是 是为了C·J·瑞顿浩斯
State department? Certainly not! I was going for C. J. Rittenhouse.
-为什么 -为什么 亲爱的同伴
– What for? – What for? Why, my dear fellow!
安静点 瑞特
Pipe down, Ritt! The “Gay-Pay-00”!
你把我的记事本怎么了
What are you doing with my memo pad?
把它做成一副牌
I borrowed it from you to make a deck of cards.
你竟然打开我的皮包
Never heard such impertinence, opening my bag!
它的确是开的 要玩扑克牌
It was open. How about a little draw poker?
-嗯 好的 -你要加入吗
– Eh, suits me fine. – Deal you in?
用那副你做的牌
With a deck you’ve made, darling?
你为玩什么
What are you gonna play for?
最低的赌1美元 开始吧
Dollar limit? That’ll do for a starter.
-切牌做庄 -好
– Cut for deal! – All right!
你做庄
You deal!
在你横膈上是些什么字
What are those letters on your diaphragm?
-爱之字 -哦 你相信广♥告♥
– Love letters. – Oh, you believe in advertising?
开牌
Open!
从不了解这么古怪的僻好
Never could understand this quaint habit of making
把人体当看版来用
a billboard out of one’s torso.
-不跟 -三张牌
– Stay! – Three cards!
总之你表现了可称赞的体贴
I must say you’ve shown the most commendable delicacy
只刺青名字的缩写
in just tattooing the initial,
不是她们的全名住址及电♥话♥
not printing the names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
开牌
Open!
-九 -皇后
– Nines? – Queens!
所以共有几个 一二三四五个
See, how many are there? One, two, three, four, five.
下次提醒我给你看其他的
Remind me to show you the rest of them sometime.
说定了 伙计
Your deal, my boy.