没有理查德?帕克
Without Richard Parker,
我早就死了
I would have died by now.
对它的恐惧令我保持警醒
My fear of him keeps me alert.
满足它的需求给了我生活目标
Tending to his needs gives my life purpose.
是海豚
Dolphins.
理查德?帕克
Hey, Richard Parker!

Hey!
最重要的是
Above all,
不要绝望
don’t lose hope.
8、5、5、0、3、6、6
Eight, five, five, zero, three, six, six…
0、8、0、1
zero, eight, zero, one…
3、6、0、4、6、6、8、9
three, six, zero, four, six, six, eight…
你在看什么
What are you looking at?
跟我说话
Talk to me.
告诉我你看见了什么
Tell me what you see.
语言文字是我仅剩的救命索
Words are all I have left to hang on to.
一切都变得混乱 破碎
Everything mixed up. Fragmented.
我已无法分辨白日梦、睡梦与现实
Can’t tell daydreams, night dreams, from reality anymo…
理查德?帕克 有暴风雨
Storm, Richard Parker.

No!

No!
赞美神
Praise be to God!
全天下之主
Lord of all worlds!
那悲天悯人、慈悲为怀的神
The compassionate, the merciful!
出来
Come out.
理查德?帕克
Richard Parker!
你一定要出来看看
Come out, you have to see this!
太美了
It’s beautiful!
不要躲起来 神显灵了
Don’t hide yourself! He’s come to us!
这是神迹
It’s a miracle!
出来拜见神 理查德?帕克
Come out and see God, Richard Parker!
你为什么吓它
Why are you scaring him?
神啊
Oh, God!
我失去了家人 我失去了一切
I’ve lost my family! I’ve lost everything!
我臣服 你还要什么
I surrender! What more do you want?
对不起 理查德?帕克
I’m sorry, Richard Parker.
我们要死了 理查德?帕克
We’re dying, Richard Parker.
对不起
I’m sorry.
妈 爸 拉维…
Amma, Appa, Ravi…
我很高兴就快见到你们了
I’m happy I’m going to see you soon.
你感受到雨水了吗
Can you feel the rain?
神啊 感谢你赐予我生命
God, thank you for giving me my life.
我准备好了
I’m ready now.
理查德?帕克
Richard Parker?
借过
Excuse me.
让开
Move.
让开 借过
Move. Excuse me.
喂 喂
Hey! Hey!
走开 走啊
Hey, come on!
让开 这是我的床
Hey, get away. This is my bed.
那是人的牙齿
It was a human tooth?
你还不懂吗 那是一座食人岛
Don’t you see? The island was carnivorous.
食人岛 就像捕蝇草
Carnivorous? Like a Venus Flytrap?
对 整座岛都是
Yes, the whole island.
植物、水塘里的水、整片大地
The plants, the water in those pools, the very ground itself.
白天那些水塘里是淡水
During the day, those pools held fresh water.
然而夜里 某种化学作用
But at night, some chemical process
让淡水变成酸液…
turned the water in those pools into acid…
酸液溶解了那些鱼…
acid that dissolved those fish…
所以狐獴躲到树上
that sent the meerkats scurrying into the trees,
理查德?帕克跑回到船上
and Richard Parker running to the boat.
但牙齿是哪来的
But where did the tooth come from?
多年前有人跟我一样不幸
Years ago, some poor fellow, just like me…
发现自己来到岛上
must have found himself stranded on that island…
也觉得干脆永远留下来
and, like me, thought he might stay there forever.
但是岛在白天赏赐他美好 夜里又全部收走
But all that the island gave him by day, it took away again by night.
想想他多少时光只有狐獴为伴
To think, how many hours spent with only meerkats for company.
承受了多少寂寞
How much loneliness taken on.
我只知道他最后死了
All I know is that eventually he died
岛消化了他
and the island digested him…
只留下他的牙齿
leaving behind only his teeth.
我看到了留在那里的下场
I saw how my life would end if I stayed on that island.
就是孤独 被人遗忘
Alone and forgotten.
我得重返人世 就算死也要试一试
I had to get back to the world, or die trying.
隔天我开始进行准备
I spent the next day preparing the boat.
储存了满满的淡水
I filled my stores with fresh water…
吃海草吃到撑不下
ate seaweed until my stomach could take no more…
为理查德?帕克在储藏柜里塞满狐獴
and brought as many meerkats as I could fit into the storage locker for Richard Parker.
我当然不能扔下它
I couldn’t leave without him, of course.
那样等于杀了它
It would mean killing him.
于是我等它回来
And so, I waited for his return.
我知道它不会迟到
I knew he wouldn’t be late.
理查德?帕克
Richard Parker!
再也没有人见过那座浮岛
No one has seen that floating island since.
自然类书籍上也查不到那种树
And you won’t read about those trees in any nature book.
然而要是不曾靠岸 我早就死了
And yet, if I hadn’t found those shores, I would have died.
要是没发现那颗牙齿
If I hadn’t discovered that tooth,
我已经独自从人间蒸发
I would have been lost, alone forever.
即使看似离弃我时
Even when God seemed to have abandoned me…
神也持续观望
He was watching.
即使看似不关心我受罪
Even when He seemed indifferent to my suffering…
神也持续观望
He was watching.
当救助无望时
And when I was beyond all hope of saving,
他让我休息
He gave me rest…
然后指示我继续我的旅程
then gave me a sign to continue my journey.
我们抵达墨西哥海岸时
By the time we reached the Mexican shore,
我根本不敢放开船
I was afraid to let go of the boat.
我的力气已经用尽
My strength was gone.
虚弱无比
I was so weak.
水才两尺深
I was afraid that in two feet of water,
即将得到解救…
so close to deliverance…
我却怕会被淹死
I would drown.
我挣扎上岸 倒在沙滩上
I struggled to shore and fell upon the sand.
沙滩温热柔软
It was warm and soft…
就像紧贴着上帝的脸颊
like pressing my face against the cheek of God.
在某处有一双眼睛笑眯眯地欢迎我
And somewhere, two eyes were smiling at having me there.
我筋疲力尽 几乎无法动弹
I was so spent, I could hardly move.
于是理查德?帕克先走一步
And so, Richard Parker went ahead of me.
它伸展四肢 走在海岸上
He stretched his legs and walked along the shore.
来到丛林边缘 它停了下来
At the edge of the jungle, he stopped.
我认定它会回头看我
I was certain he was going to look back at me…
耳朵往后垂 发出咆哮
flatten his ears to his head, growl.
它应会以某种形式结束我们的关系
That he would bring our relationship to an end in some way.
但它只是盯着丛林里看
But he just stared ahead into the jungle.
然后理查德?帕克
And then, Richard Parker,
我凶猛的同伴
my fierce companion…
让我活下来的恐怖家伙
the terrible one who kept me alive…
从此在我的生命中消失了
disappeared forever from my life.
几个小时后 我的同胞发现了我
After a few hours, a member of my own species found me.
他带回一群人来把我抬走
He left and returned with a group who carried me away.
我哭得像个孩子
I wept like a child.
不是因为高兴获救 虽然我很高兴
Not because I was overwhelmed at having survived, although I was.
我哭是因为理查德?帕克那么轻易地离开了我
I was weeping because Richard Parker left me so unceremoniously.
我的心都碎了
It broke my heart.
我父亲说得没错
You know, my father was right.
理查德?帕克根本没拿我当朋友
Richard Parker never saw me as his friend.
我们一起历尽艰辛 它却头也不回
After all we had been through, he didn’t even look back.
但我必须相信在它眼中
But I have to believe there was more in his eyes…
看到的不只是我自己的倒影
than my own reflection staring back at me.
我确实知道 感受得到
I know it. I felt it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!