I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry!
哈里
Hari?
看来镇静剂的药效还没退
Looks as though your drugs haven’t worn off yet.
橙汁 橙汁
Orange Juice! Orange Juice!
欢迎登上派的方舟
Welcome to Pi’s Ark.
橙汁 你儿子呢
Where is your boy, Orange Juice?
放心 爸妈一定找到它了
Don’t worry, I bet mother and father found him.
他们很快就会来了
They’ll all be here soon.
有人吗
Hello!
有人吗
Hello!
有没有人
Anybody!
不!
No!
不要这样!够了
Stop it! No! Stop it! Stop it!
不要
No! No!
对不起 橙汁
I’m sorry, Orange Juice.
我没有晕船药给你
I don’t have any seasickness medicine for you.
对了 有补给品
Supplies. Oh, supplies!
(海上求生手册)
(饮用水 不得饮用海水)
太好了
Yes! Yes!
不 不要
No! No!
不 不要
No! No!
你来啊 来啊
Come on! Come on!
来啊
Come on!
我名叫派?帕帖尔
My name is Pi Patel.
我遭遇了船难
I have been in a shipwreck.
我独自在救生船上
I am on a lifeboat alone…
还有一头老虎
with a tiger.
请派人救援
Please send help.
上帝啊 我把自己交给你
God, I give myself to you.
我是你的容器
I am your vessel.
无论未来如何 我都想知道
Whatever comes, I want to know.
请指点我
Show me.
(世界洋流)
看不到线条啊
There are no lines.
“将物品整理好 准备打这场生存之战”
Set your house in order and dig in for the battle to survive.
“制定严格的进食、观察与休息时间表”
Establish a strict schedule for eating, keeping watch and getting rest.
“切勿喝尿或海水”
Do not drink urine or sea water.
“保持忙碌 但要避免浪费力气”
Keep busy but avoid unnecessary exertion.
“为免心思空下来 可以打牌”
The mind can be kept occupied by playing card games…
“玩问答或猜谜游戏”
Twenty Questions, or! Spy.
“大家一起唱歌♥也能够振奋精神”
Community singing is another surefire way to lift the spirits.
“讲故事亦是极佳的选择”
Telling stories is highly recommended.
“最重要的是不要绝望”
Above all, don’t lose hope.
“晕船最会使人意志消沉”
Few things can sap the spirit faster than seasickness.
“船身侧对浪头 风浪会显得特别大”
Waves are most strongly felt when a boat turns sideways to the current.
“伞锚如浮锚 可让船头保持顶风”
A sea anchor is used as a drag to keep the boat’s head to the wind.
“正确使用可以增加稳定度”
Proper use of them can increase control
“降低风浪大的不适感”
and reduce seasickness during rough seas.
必须与大型掠食动物同船者
For castaways who must share their lifeboats with large, dangerous carnivores…
建议你建立自己的地盘
it’s advisable to establish a territory as your own.
尝试下列方法
Try this method.
第一步
Step one.
选择风浪适中而规律的一天
Choose a day when waves are moderate, but regular.
第二步 让救生船顶风
Step two. With the lifeboat facing into the waves…
使船上尽可能舒适
making the ride as comfortable as possible,
然后轻吹哨子
blow your whistle soothingly.
第三步 将船身侧对风浪
Step three. Turn the lifeboat sideways to the waves…
伴随刺耳挑衅的哨音
accompanied by harsh, aggressive use of the whistle.
重复这些步骤
With sufficient repetition…
动物一听到哨音
the animal will associate the sound of the whistle…
就会联想到晕船不适
with the discomfort of seasickness.
此法在马戏团中行之有年
Similar methods have long been used by circus trainers…
虽然训练师不会来到恶海上
though they generally lack access to rough seas.
吹响号♥角吧
Let the trumpets blare!
擂起鼓声吧
Let the drum rolls begin!
准备大开眼界吧
Prepare to be amazed!
敬请大家欣赏指教
Here it is, for your enjoyment and instruction!
您期待了一辈子的精彩好秀
The show you’ve been waiting for all your life…
现在即将开始
will soon begin!
准备好见证奇迹了吗
Are you ready for the miracle of it?
那么为各位隆重介绍
Well, then, I give to you…
令人惊叹震撼的孟加拉虎
the astounding Bengal tiger!
你好 理查德?帕克
Hello, Richard Parker.
抱歉船这么颠
Sorry about the choppy ride.
我的地盘 懂吗
Mine! You understand?
你的 我的
Yours, mine!
懂了吗
You understand?
第四步
Step four.
就当前三步没发生
Disregard steps one through three.
来 理查德?帕克
Here, Richard Parker.
我帮你拿了水
I got some water for you.
在动物园里
In the zoo,
平均每天喂老虎五公斤的肉
we fed our tigers an average of five kilos of meat a day.
理查德?帕克很快就会饿了
Richard Parker will be getting hungry soon.
老虎是游泳健将
Tigers are powerful swimmers,
若饿到一定程度
and if he gets hungry enough…
我怕那一小段海面保护不了我
I’m afraid the little bit of water between us won’t be any protection.
我得设法喂饱它
I need to find a way to feed him.
我可以吃饼干 但上帝让老虎食肉
I can eat the biscuits but God made tigers carnivores…
所以我得学着捕鱼
so I must learn to catch fish.
要不然 我怕它的最后一餐
If I don’t, I’m afraid his last meal
会是个吃素的瘦男孩
will be a skinny, vegetarian boy.
耐心点
Patience!
我在干什么
What am I doing?
别急 我再想想
Wait! I’m thinking.
32盒饼干
Thirty-two cartons of biscuits.
93罐饮用水
Ninety-three cans of water.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
谢谢你 毗湿奴
Thank you, Lord Vishnu.
谢谢你化身为鱼 救了我们的命
Thank you for coming in the form of a fish and saving our lives.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我把饼干和水都搬到木筏上
Of course, I brought all the biscuits and water
以策安全
on the raft with me to keep them safe.
真蠢
Idiot.
饥饿是能把人彻底改变的
Hunger can change everything you ever thought you knew about yourself.
拿去 你的
Here, it’s yours!
它是我的
Mine! Mine!
我不能每次回船上拿补给都要冒生命危险
I can’t risk my life every time I have to climb onto the boat for supplies.
该解决这个问题了
It’s time to settle this.
我们要一起生活
If we’re going to live together,
就得学着沟通
we have to learn to communicate.
也许理查德?帕克无法被驯服
Maybe Richard Parker can’t be tamed,
但天意让它可以被训练
but with God’s will, he can be trained.
不行
No!
很好
Good.
去啊 理查德?帕克
Go, Richard Parker.
去啊
Go.
回窝里去 我就不惹你
Go on home, I’ll leave you alone.
我保证会尊重你
I’ll respect that, I promise.
去啊 快点
Go. Come on.
好耶
Yes!
想不到一小片凉荫就能让我无比愉悦
I never thought a small piece of shade could bring me so much happiness.
一堆工具、一个桶子、一把刀、一支笔…
That a pile of tools, a bucket, a knife, a pencil…
会成为我的至宝
might become my greatest treasures.
理查德?帕克的陪伴 让我心情平静
Or that knowing Richard Parker was here might ever bring me peace.
在这种时候…
In times like these…
会令我想到我们同样缺乏现实体验
I remember that he has as little experience with the real world as I do.
我们都在动物园由同一个主人养大
We were both raised in a zoo by the same master.
现在都成了孤儿 一同面对那至尊的主
Now we’ve been orphaned, left to face our ultimate master together.