He’s never gonna win, is he?
什么意思
What do you mean?
他真的好马虎 总是忘东西
He’s a mess. Forgets everything.
不是忘记钱包 就是忘记钥匙或公文包
If it’s not his wallet, it’s his keys or his briefcase.
我去过他家三次 为了拿他忘记的文件
I’ve gone to his house three times to pick up paperwork.
不过也不能因为这个断定他不会赢啊
Yeah, but that doesn’t mean he’s not gonna win.
我跟你一起去吧 – 不用了
I’ll go with you. – No.
不用
No.
不用了
No.
记得锁好门
Just finish locking up.
好的
Okay.
找到钱包了
Found it.
明天见吧
Guess I’ll see you later?
嗯
Sure.
在塔赞纳见面怎么样
Wanna meet at Tarzana Bobs?
可以啊
Tarzana Bobs. Sounds good.
再见 – 再见
Goodbye. – Bye.
不要再玩了 不许玩了 快滚
Stop playing. Stop playing. Leave.
我投币了 – 滚 滚
But I put my money… – Leave. Leave.
我已经… – 这是我开的店 我说了算
But, I… – I own the place. Leave.
你好 Este – 嗨
Hello, Este. – Hey.
嗨 Gary
Hey, Gary. – Hey.
弹球厅不错
This is really great.
脚趾涂了甲油哦
Someone did their toes.
是我自己涂的 – 很好看 我很喜欢
I did do my toes. – I like them. I like them.
谢谢
I like them. I like them. – Thank you.
谢谢你们来捧场 – 盛大开业啊
Thank you for coming. Really. – It’s a big night.
你们真漂亮
You ladies look great.
谢谢
Thank you.
你跟Alana谈过了吗
Did you get a chance to talk with Alana?
该死 – 她会来吗
Fuck! – She gonna come?
你知道她在哪里工作 对吧
You know where she works, right?
嗯
Yeah.
你是让我去找她吗
Are you telling me to go? I…
是
Yeah.
去呀
Go.
没有 我跟她说了 我说
No, I spoke to her, and I said,
不可能的 做不到的
“No, it’s not possible to do that.”
你知道我的意思吧
You know what I mean? – Yeah?
她没事吗 – 没事的
And she was okay? – Yeah, she was fine with it.
Alana
Alana!
Alana
Alana.
嗨
Hi. – Hi.
这是我的老朋友 Matthew
I wanna introduce you to my old friend, Matthew.
很高兴认识你
Oh, nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你 – 这是Alana
Nice to meet you. – This is Alana.
她是我们竞选办公室的人
She works with me on the campaign.
她帮了我们很多忙
She’s been such a terrific help.
嗯… 我…
Mmm-hmm. – I…
是她帮我们拍的那些电视宣传片
She helped make those TV spots, actually.
正直竞选那个公告牌是我帮忙做的
Yes. I helped with the “Integrity” billboard.
除了那个 还有一百多件没你做不成的事
That and, like, 100 other things you’ve done.
别害羞了
Don’t be shy.
重要的事情做起来总是很轻松
Things come easily when they matter so much.
我们正聊到这儿呢
It’s funny, we were just talking about that.
是吗 – 嗯
Really? – Yeah.
女士
Madame. – Hi.
想喝点什么
May I get you something?
呃 一杯马提尼
Uh… A martini.
加伏特加还是金酒
Martini. Vodka or gin?
伏特加金酒都要
Vodka-gin.
要配橄榄或者青柠吗
Would you like an olive or a lime with it?
要吧
Yes.
好的 女士
Yeah, madame.
我还留在这里干嘛
Why am I even staying in this?
这里还好找吧 没迷路吧
Did you have any trouble, um, finding the place?
没有
Oh, no. – No?
没有的 我常来这里的
No, I come here all the time.
那好
That’s good.
现在你还拉来一个无辜的可怜女孩给你背锅
And now, you’re dragging this poor girl into it.
我们好好吃甜点 可以吗
Can we please just enjoy dessert?
冷静一点 一切都会好的
And settle down? Everything’s gonna be fine.
Alana的酒就要上来了
Alana’s got her drink coming.
这是你的竞选标语吗
Is that your campaign slogan?
一切都会好的
“Everything is gonna be fine
只要人们不知道我的身份 一切都会好的
as long as no one finds out who I really am.”
我现在经历的很多事情 你根本不理解
I’m dealing with so many things that you don’t understand.
你跟我说啊
So tell me.
你知道我有多煎熬吗 每天在这里工作
Do you have any idea how uncomfortable I am all day long?
你不说 我怎么能理解你呢
I can’t understand. No, because you don’t tell me these things.
我只是想舒服轻松一点
The one time, the one time that I wanna feel comfortable,
而你又在这里让我难堪
you go out and make me feel uncomfortable.
我从没做过对不起你的事 Joel
I haven’t done anything to you, Joel.
好吧
Okay.
这个女孩是你叫来的 不是我
I didn’t call this girl. You called her.
是 但你因为我叫她来 跟我生气
Okay, but you’re upset that I called her.
我生气是因为你不在乎我
Yes, I’m upset because nothing is about me.
你不在乎我们
Nothing is about us.
差点忘了 你就知道跟我作对
Oh, yeah, I forget who I’m dealing with here.
我是Matthew Marshall 世界得围着我转
“I’m Matthew Marshall, and, uh, it’s always about me.”
不是的
No.
不是这样的 Joel
No, no, Joel.
你根本不在乎我 所以我才难过
It’s never about me, and that’s why I’m sad.
你看
Well, look…
我们在这里一起吃晚餐
We’re here, we’re having dinner.
你约我出来吃饭
You asked me to come to dinner.
尽管我很累 我还是跟你一起吃饭了
I’m tired, and I’m here at dinner.
你还想要我怎么做
What more do you want from me?
我想要你
I want you to myself.
不可能事事都顺你的心意啊
Well, that’s just not how the world works, is it?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你成熟点吧
Well, then you need to grow up.
上午有个男的一直在办公室门外
There was a man hanging around the office earlier,
现在他又来了
and he’s here now.
是的 所以我才打电♥话♥给你
That’s why I called.
我不想让自己的私人生活
Um, you see, I don’t think it’s wise for my personal life
影响当下的当务之急
to distract from what our first priority is.
当务之急是什么
What is our first priority?
是整个社区 是我的竞选
Well, there’s the community, my campaign,
是我努力工作的追求
and everything that I’m working towards.
你有你的事业 但现在我们在约会
Mmm-hmm. Yes, and that’s that, and this is dinner,
我们俩又是为了什么努力呢
so what are we working towards?
Alana 这样 你本来是要跟我约着喝酒
So, Alana, you came to meet me for a drink.
但你迟到了
Um, you were running late,
现在你可以带着你的男朋友
and now, you’re going to be taking your boyfriend,
也就是Matthew 回家去了
Matthew, home.
她是该带她男朋友回他的家
Is she gonna be taking her boyfriend to his house,
还是回你的家呢
or to your house?
你声音小一点可以吗
Would you please keep your voice down?
她会带你回你自己家
She’s going to be taking you to your house.
你待会儿会来吗
Are you gonna be coming there?
我们改天再谈这个 好吗
Can we just discuss this at another time? Please.
Joel 你今天会来我家过夜吗
Are you gonna come to my house tonight, Joel?
我们改天再谈这个 行不行
Can we please just discuss this at another time?
我该不该…
Do you want me to… – Can’t…
我要熬夜等你回来吗
Do you want me to wait up for you?
不用了 Matthew
No, Matthew.
谢谢你们能来
Thank you both for coming.
我们大干一场 把城市涂上红色
Let’s go paint the town red.
谢谢你们 – 还有黑青色的伤痕
So nice of you guys to… – And black and blue.
谢谢你 Alana 你人真好