Alana, you did it. I… We did it!
噢
Oh!
我们是怎么活着开下来的啊
How did we survive?
搞什么
What the…
这是哪里来的该死的报亭
It’s a goddamn newsstand in the middle of fucking…
该死 骂的就是你
Yeah, you fucking… Yeah, that’s right.
你们听说那事了吗
Did you hear that whole thing that went down
网球场上教练的事
with that other instructor
听说了吗
at the courts the other day? It was, like…
嗨
Hey. – Hi.
你们喜欢吃花生酱三明治吗
Do you like peanut butter sandwiches?
花生酱吗
Peanut butter?
不喜欢吃 – 不喜欢吗
Not really. No. – No?
你是说那种绵密的 还是有果粒的
Like, creamy or nutty?
看你喜欢
However you like it.
我喜欢有果粒的
I like it a bit nutty.
你们谁反手打得好
Who’s got the better backhand?
你是发球好是吧
You do. No, you have the serve.
你发球发的好
You have a bigger serve.
她的地面进攻打得好 – 对
She’s got a good ground game? – Yeah.
喂 – Brian
Hello? – Brian?
是我
Yes?
我是Alana Kane
Hi, it’s Alana Kane.
自己开车…
Drive their own cars…
Alana
Alana.
哇 嗨 你最近还好吗
Wow. Hi. How are you?
我很好 你呢
I’m good. How are you?
我也还不错
I’m doing fine.
你最近在忙什么呢
What are you doing?
没忙什么
Not much.
我打电♥话♥来是想问一下 你还在Joel Wachs竞选办公室工作吗
I was calling to see if you still work for Joel Wachs?
是啊
Yes, I sure do.
你们需要招新志愿者吗
Well, do you need volunteers?
需要啊
We always do.
你想来做吗
Do you mean you?
嗯
Yes.
Alana
Alana…
来跟我们一起工作吧 我们需要你
please come and work with us. We need you.
我知道你作业做得多好
I’ve seen how you do your homework.
天呐 你居然还记得
Oh, my God, you remember that?
当然啊 我怎么可能忘记
Yes, of course. How could I forget?
我们需要你
We need you.
Alana
Alana.
嗨
Hi.
你好吗 – 很好 你呢
How are you? – Good. How are you?
我很好 很高兴再见面
I’m good. Good, it’s good to see you.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you, too.
我给你介绍一下大家
Let me introduce you to everybody.
这就是我们的竞选办公室
Welcome to our campaign.
先帮我拿一下
I’m just gonna give this to you.
Tess 这是Alana
Tess, this is Alana…
嗨 – 这是新来的志愿者
Hi. – …our newest volunteer.
认识你很高兴 – 这是Elizabeth
Nice to meet you. – Over here is Elizabeth.
这里是Richard 他们正在开会
We have Richard. They’re in a meeting.
这是Spencer 打电♥话♥的是Chuck
We have Spencer, Chuck’s on the phone.
这个是Ted 啊 他忙着呢
Let me introduce you. Hey, Ted. Ah, he’s busy.
别担心
Don’t worry about it.
我们办公基本都是在这里
So, here’s where we’re gonna be spending most of our time.
我们每天要做的是打电♥话♥
We’re making phone calls.
Joel 你是这座城市最年轻的议员
Joel, you’re the youngest councilman in the city,
也是唯一一位单身的议员
you’re also its only bachelor.
是的 – 这么问吧
Yes. – How do you find time
你有正常的社交生活吗
for a social life?
单身的话 我就能腾出更多时间来工作
Being single means I have more time to work,
而且作为市议员 平时日程忙碌
and a councilman’s schedule
基本也不可能有正常的社交生活了
pretty much ruins the social life anyways, so…
那您的爱人有意见吗
What do your dates say about that?
没有
They’re not saying anything.
我根本没有爱人
I’m not going on any dates.
您大概也能想到
As you can imagine,
我的日程繁忙
it’s probably pretty difficult for somebody
不可能有人愿意与我分享
to be a part of all the social events that I’m a part of.
这种忙碌的日程的
You know, keep up with my busy schedule.
不过
But, um…
我希望有一天能找到
I imagine someday soon somebody’s gonna come along
一个愿意分享我的忙碌的爱人
who’ll wanna share that with me, so…
您对爱情还是有憧憬的 是吧
Certainly you have some prospects?
跟你说 很多人都跟我说
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard,
孩子 我给你介绍一个合适的女孩吧
“Boy, have I got the girl for you.”
我也见过不少优秀的女人
And I’ve met some pretty magnificent women through my district residents.
但我跟他们说
But I’ll tell you what I tell them,
很抱歉 但我没有时间
and that’s, “I’m sorry but my time is spoken for.”
祝你好运 – 谢谢
Well, good luck. – Thank you.
如果您不介意的话
Let’s get one photo for the paper,
Wachs议员 我们拍张登报的照片吧
if you don’t mind, Councilman Wachs.
我的名字叫Wachs – 哦
It’s “Wachs.” – Wachs. Wachs.
如果您不介意的话
If you don’t mind, let’s have you… Yeah.
您跟您母亲一起站在这里 好吗
Let’s have you stand with your mother over here, yeah?
给您们拍一张好看的小照片
Have a nice little picture of you guys, and…
好的
For sure. – Since you’re doing so much
您为他的竞选也做了不少努力
for his campaign.
把您的手放在这里
There you go. Put your hand…
女士 把您的手放在他的肩膀上
Why don’t you put your hand on her shoulder? And then, ma’am,
您拿着电♥话♥ – 议员
if you grab the telephone… – Councilman?
怎么了 – 我们来处理
Yes? – We’ll handle it, sir.
给您介绍一下 这是我的朋友Alana Kane
Wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine. This is Alana Kane.
她是新来的志愿者 – 你好
She’s a volunteer. – Oh, hey.
是志愿者啊 – 能见到您很荣幸
Oh, volunteer. Wow. – Hi. It’s an honor
很高兴认识你
to meet you. – Wow, what a pleasure.
能认识你我也很荣幸 谢谢你来帮忙
No, I’m honored to meet you. Thank you for coming on board.
我很正直的
I have integrity.
我也是
Me too.
我知道 – 诚信最重要啊
I know. – Honest.
好的 – 嗯 我也有诚信
Okay. – Mmm-hmm. I’m that too.
这是本市的一块公共用地 政♥府♥用三万四千美元的低价买♥♥走了它
This is public land which the state bought for $34,000
我们都知道 这块地千金难买♥♥
when everyone knew it was worth millions.
Sam Yorty和他那些有权势的朋友
Sam Yorty and his cronies would gladly destroy this beautiful
践踏着这块二十二万亩的公共山地 来获取支持率 洗钱
225,000 square acre mountain chain for favors, payoffs, and ugly houses
盖那些丑陋的高价房♥子 只有他们 那种富人才买♥♥的起
that only their friends can afford.
但我们可以不让他们的计划得逞
But it needn’t be that way, you see.
我知道这很疯狂
I understand it’s crazy,
大家都在讨论一场革命
and everybody’s talking about a revolution,
其实我们不需要革命
but it doesn’t have to be that.
只要身居高位的官员能记住
All that we need are people in positions of power
他们当初就职的承诺
to remember to be who they were when they were voted in.
停 这条很不错
And cut. That was great.
我们就用这一条吧 – 嗯 拍得不错
I think that was the one. – That felt really good.
Joel 太棒了 – 很棒
Yeah, I mean, that was terrific, Joel. – It was great.
是很不错
It did.
准备好了吗 可以了吗
You ready? We good?
嗯 – 好的
Yeah. – Good.
有的人说你太年轻 在职场上没有经验
What would you say to the people that think
你对这样的批评有什么看法
you’re too young and don’t have enough experience?
我想说 谢谢你们称赞我
I would say, “Thank you very much for the compliment.”
不好意思
Sorry, sorry, just…
你能再说一遍吗 刚才没拍上
Can you say that again? We didn’t get that.
来真的吗
Really?
嗯 没拍到
Yeah. Oh, yeah.
抱歉 议员
Sorry, Councilman.
一切正常吗
Everybody rolling? Good?
再来一次