I’ve had to be very clear with myself
尽管我觉得自己19岁
that even though I’m surrounded by 19-year-old
我也清楚地知道
and I may have felt 19,
我再也不能回到19岁了
I’m not 19 anymore.
你懂我的意思吗
You follow me?
明白
Yeah.
没人喜欢当成年人
Nobody feels like an adult.
这是人们肮脏的秘密
It’s the world’s dirty secret.
世界有多么美妙
How perfect is the universe?
你还在这里
You’re still here?
算你走运
Lucky for you,
你看起来需要朋友安慰
’cause you look like you could use a friend.
你知道吗 我们吃的食物里含有过多防腐剂
Did you know there’s so many preservatives in the food we eat
研究表明 我们死亡后 这些防腐剂
that they’re finding it’s taking longer
使得身体不易腐坏
for our bodies to decompose once we die?
不可能 真的吗
No way. Really?
防腐剂 全都乱套了
Preservatives, man. Messed up.
想听好消息吗
Want some good news?
说吧
Please.
-毛毛虫 -给我帽子
– Caterpillars – Give me my hat.
它们都在等待时机
They’re just scouting along, right,
变成蝴蝶
being caterpillars.
某个时候 这些成虫细胞出现
At some point, these cells show up called imaginal cells.
科学家不知道它们有何而来
Scientists don’t know where they come from
或为何出现
or why they appear,
但这些成虫细胞在毛毛虫体内出现
but these imaginal cells show up inside the caterpillar
说 加油啊 毛毛虫
and say, “Get psyched, caterpillar!
是时候变成蝴蝶了
It’s butterfly-turning-into time.”
当这些成虫细胞出现时
And what do all the other caterpillar cells do
其他的毛毛虫细胞在做什么
when these imaginal cells show up?
我不知道
I have no idea.
它们会进行攻击
They attack ’em!
想杀死成虫细胞
Try to kill ’em!
它们会说 见鬼去吧 成虫细胞
They’re like, Screw you, imaginal cells.
我们就愿意做一只 毛毛虫
We’re happy being a caterpillar.
给我滚出去
Get lost!
但是 成虫细胞会不断壮大
But,eventually, the imaginal cells keep growing
并且最终掌握毛毛虫的命运走向
and overtake the destiny of the caterpillar
让它结茧
and will it into this cocoon.
你猜接下来会发生什么
And then guess what happens next.
毛毛虫变成蝴蝶
The caterpillar turns into a butterfly.
毛毛虫变成蝴蝶
The caterpillar turns into a butterfly.
棒极了
That’s awesome.
就知道你会喜欢
I know it is!
是啊 说得真好
Yeah, that’s good.
所以没什么好担心的
And that is why there is no reason to be afraid,
因为一切都会好起来的
because everything is okay.
是啊 我不知道自己是否相信这话
Yeah, I don’t know if I believe that.
一定是这样
It has to be true.
不会有别的可能
There can be no other way.
我都不敢肯定你是不是真人
You know, I’m not even sure if you’re real.
说真的
I mean, seriously.
这都是真的 老兄
It’s all true, brother.
不管你相不相信
Whatever you believe.
那是什么
What is that?
你喝得什么
What are you drinking?
氢氧化合的水
H to the 2 to the O.
你也该喝点
You should have some.
保持体液平衡
Got to stay hydrated.
好吧
All right.
谢谢
Thanks.
好点了吗 哥们儿
You with me, bro?
好多了
Yeah.
我喜欢你 内特
I like you, Nat.
多谢你和我做朋友
Thanks for being my friend.
小事而已 不足为谢
Easiest thing in the world.
和你聊天很开心
I enjoyed this.
我走了
I’m off.
好好把握她
You go get her, man.
好吧
Okay.
勇敢去爱
Be love, man.
勇敢去爱
Be love!
你看起来很开心
You seem happy.
确实
I am.
发生了什么事
What happened?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
有些特别的事
Something.
我能跟你说点事吗
Can I tell you some things?
当然可以
Yeah, yeah, sure.
好吧 除了读书的事
Okay, except for the book thing,
实在令人很烦心以外
which was genuinely super annoying,
我真的很喜欢你
I… I feel really good about you.
我很久没有对人动过心了
It’s been a while since I fell that way about someone.
我喜欢这感觉
And I like it.
我也一样
Yeah, me too.
我想让你今晚留下来陪我
I want you to stay here with me tonight.
你室友还得回来呢
You have a roommate.
她今晚住在别处
She’s sleeping elsewhere.
你会留下吗
So will you stay here?

Yeah.
很好
Good.
我还要跟你说件事
But I have to tell you something.
这是我的
This… it would be my…
第一次
first time.
但我想要
But I want to.
献给你
With you.
好的
Okay,
我得
I have to…
稍等 我马上回来
hold on. I’ll… I’ll be back in a second, okay?
好的
Ok.
我真不该跟你说那些话
I should never have told you that.
没关系 不要紧
Good.It’s good.
还好你跟我说了
I’m… I’m glad you did.
有什么问题吗
So is that a problem?
是的
Yeah, it is.
为什么
Why?
好吧 首先 我已经35岁了
Okay, first of all, I’m 35.
-你看起来不像 -谢谢夸奖
– You don’t look it – Thank you.
而且 我不介意
Plus, it doesn’t bother me.
但我介意
It bothers me.
你不该介意
It shouldn’t.
纠结年龄是愚蠢的
Age is a stupid thing to obsess over.
如果转世轮回是真的呢
What if reincarnation is real?
想想看
Think about that.
如果我比你老一千岁呢
What if I’m, like, thousands of years older than you?
你这理论不成立
Okay, that’s not really a sound argument.
-为什么 -因为这就好像在说
– Why not? – Because it’s like saying,
如果现实都是虚幻呢
“What if reality is all an illusion?”
一切都毫无因果
Then there are no consequences to anything.
我们彻底脱离困境
We’re completely off the hook,
我是相信因果之说的
and I believe in consequences.
不 你是觉得会内疚
No, you believe in guilt.
也许
Maybe.
但在犯错之前感到内疚
But guilt before we act
被称为有道德感
is called morality.
你为什么回来
Why did you come back here?
为了见你 但我不知道你
To see you, but I didn’t know that you…
这有什么关系
Why should that matter!
我不明白 你不是一直在和我暧昧吗
I mean, isn’t it, I don’t know, flattering?
听我说
Listen.
伊丽莎白

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!