Oh, me too.
这是个问题
It’s a problem.
就好像 我喜欢树 因为树能做成书
Like, I love trees cause they give us books.
树能造书 这很酷不是吗
Super cool of the trees to do that, right?
其实我
I’m actually
这很奇怪
this is weird.
其实我试着少读点书
I’m actually trying to read less.
为什么
Why?
我觉得我都没有时间看电视了
I felt like I wasn’t watching enough television.
我只是开始觉得从书中品读生活
No, I just… I started to feel like reading about life
占用了大部分现实生活的时间
was taking time away from actually living life,
所以我尝试着接受其他事物
so I’m trying to, like, accept invitations to things,
多与外面的世界接触
say “Hi” to the world a little more.
听起来有点可怕
That sounds scary.
这有用吗
It’s going well?
还行吧
It’s…okay.
我出去的时候
Most of the time when I’m out,
大部分时候我都在想
I keep thinking I’d be so much happier
躺在床上读书应该更开心
in bed with a book,
这让我觉得不是很好
and that makes me feel not super cool.
我还是读很多书
I still read tons.
我觉得我意识到了书也有局限性
I just feel like I’m more aware of a book’s limitations.
你明白我的意思吗
Does that make sense?
完全明白
Yeah, totally.
我说的怎么样
How am I doing here?
什么 你是说我们的谈话吗
What? Here in this conversation?
是啊
Yeah.
很好 你说得非常好
Very well. You are doing great.
所以你想要放下书
So you maybe want to get away from these books
出去走走吗
and walk somewhere?
是啊
Yeah, okay.
-真的吗 -当然 我们走吧
– Really? – Sure. Let’s do it.
很好 很好
Great. Great.
你可以叫上你的丈夫或者男朋友
And feel free to invite your husband or boyfriend.
他们现在都没空 所以
They’re both pretty busy right now, so…
看来只有我们俩了
Probably just be us, then.
是啊 只有我们俩
Yeah. Just us.
我是迪恩
It’s Dean.
弗兰岑 我们喜欢同一个作家
Franzen? We like the same writer.
对啊 怎么了
Right, hey. Dean, what’s up?
你给了我号♥码 叫我打给你
Uh, you gave me your number, and you told me to call you.
是啊 很高兴你能打来
Uh, yeah. No, it’s good to hear from you.
你最近怎么样
How are you doing?
我很好
Uh, I’m pretty good, yeah.
一切都
Things, um…

I’ve been…
迪恩
Dean?
我刚刚吃了一堆药
I just took a bunch of pills.
什么
What?
我刚刚吃了很多药
I just took a lot of pills.
吃了多少
How many?
我不知道
I don’t know. Um…
我很害怕
I’m really scared.
-你在哪 -我在宿舍
– Where are you! – In my dorm.
待在那儿
Stay…stay there, okay?
待在那儿别动
Stay right there.
好了 我马上打电♥话♥
Okay, yeah, just stay ri… I’m gonna make a call,
我马上打
and I’m gonna call…
别挂电♥话♥ 好吗
I need you to stay by the phone, though, okay?
迪恩
Dean?
汉森小姐请到接待室
Miss Hanson to reception area, please
汉森小姐
Miss Hanson.
你醒了
Hey, man.
感觉怎么样
How you feeling?
有点可笑
Kind of ridiculous.
你不需要开车过来的
You didn’t have to drive all the way out here.
几乎是飞来的 混♥蛋♥
I flew, you bastard.
谢谢你
Thanks.
谢谢你接了我的电♥话♥
For picking up the phone.
我不知道还能打给谁
I didn’t know who else to call.
我能提个建议吗
Can I make a suggestion?
当然
Yeah.
别再读这本书了
Stop reading this.
为什么
Why?
因为作者自杀了 你不能那么做
Because he killed himself, and you’re not gonna do that.
你应该读点别的
You need to read something else.
别做英年早逝的天才
Listen, don’t be a genius who dies young.
要活到老死
Be one who dies old.
变老很酷的
Being old is cool.
自然变老 然后死去
Grow old and die old.
这样更好
It’s a better arc.
听我说 伙计
Listen to me, man.
现在你所感受到的一切
This right now, all this stuff you’re feeling,
都不过是脚注 懂吗
this is a footnote, okay?
你毕业以后
You’re gonna graduate,
进入社会
and you’re gonna get out in the world
去实现自己的价值
and stumble into something like contentment.
一定会的
I know it.
因为你就是这样过来的吗
Is that how it’s been for you?
当然不是的
Hell, no.
但有时还是不错的
But some days are all right, you know?
有时候就像是上天的恩赐
Some days are like a gift,
有时却糟糕透顶
and some days suck.
但总的来说还是好的
But all of that’s okay.
所以我要带你脱离后现代主义
So I’m taking you off post-modernists.
你有什么好方法吗
What are you prescribing?
有一些关于吸血鬼的书
There are these vampire books.
孩子们都喜欢读
The kids love ’em.
相信我 绝对可以重塑你的阅读观
Trust me, they will empty your mind completely.
为什么对我这么好
Why are you being so nice to me?
你赶来看我
You flew all the way back here to see me,
我们只说过两次话而已
and we had, like, two conversations.
好的读书人就是我的软肋
I have a soft spot for good readers.
读书人现在已经不多了
They’re hard to find these days.
我真的很想你
I really did miss you.
我们经历了这些精彩的事情
You know, we had this thing happening,
然后你却离开了
and it was so exciting, and then you were just gone.
但现在已经没事了
But it’s okay now.
我想通了
I get it.
我有时候觉得很瞧不起自己
I sometimes feel like I’m looking down on myself,
就好像有一个更成熟更聪明的自己
like there’s this older, wiser me
看着一个十九岁的半成品
watching over this 19-year-old rough draft
这个半成品潜力无穷
who’s full of all this potential
但是还需要很长时间
but has to live more
去赶超另一个自己
to catch up with that other self somehow.
而且
And…
我知道我能做到
I know I’ll get there.
只是有时候我觉得
It’s just sometimes I think
我想要加快进程 你明白吗
I want to rush the process, you know?
而且我不知道
And I don’t know.
也许
Maybe…
也许我认为你就是那个捷径
maybe I thought you were some sort of shortcut.
你明白吗
Does that make any sense?
如果要我写你 我一定会写
If I wrote you, I would be like
这是最棒的半成品
“This is the best but rough draft ever.”
又是你
Seriously?
猪一样的室友
Roommates.
好了 我该回到成人的世界了
Well, I should get back to adulthood.
是啊
Yeah.
我想 我们很快会见的
See you there soon, I guess.
再见 姿碧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!