Elizabeth.
性极其复杂 知道吗
Sex is really complicated, okay?
我年轻时也不太懂
I didn’t quite understand that when I was younger,
但我现在明白了
but I do now.
好了 听着 我高中时可没签
Okay, look, I didn’t sign one of those contracts
什么处♥女♥协定
when I was in high school, okay?
我不是那种假正经的女人
I’m not a prude or whatever.
只不过 我从未遇到一个人
Just, I never met anyone that I trusted
让我足够信任和喜欢
or even liked enough,
直到遇见你
until now.
我做不到
I can’t.
我的魅力不足以吸引你吗
Are you not attracted to me?
不 我被你吸引
No. I mean, yeah, I am.
只不过
It’s just.
但我还要为你的将来考虑
I also care about you a lot already, somehow.
所以 归根到底
So, essentially,
你不想和我睡 是因为
you don’t want to sleep with me
你太过喜欢和尊重我
because you like and respect me too much.
基本上
Basically.
是这样
Yeah.
这真是天底下最可悲的事
That’s, like, the saddest thing over.
我想参与你的生活
Look, I want to be in your life.
我很想
I do.
我已经有一个哥哥了
Yeah, I already have an older brother, okay’?
我不需要什么良师益友
And I don’t need some mentor.
我不能什么事都说好
I can’t just say yes to everything.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth.
别这么叫我
Stop calling me that.
-什么 -没人这么叫我
– What? – No one calls me that.
你马上给我走
You need to leave right now.
我真的很生气 你马上走
I’m really upset, and you need to go.
好的
Ok.
你滚
Get out!
我有权利疯狂
I’ve got a right to lose my mind
自从
Since…
看看这是谁啊
Well, well, well.
自从你离我而去
Since you left me here
现在我想起你是谁了
Now I remember you.
真的吗
You do?
没有
Not really.
我在新世界
I stumbled
犯了错误
on a new world.
有心事啊
Rough day?
是啊
Yeah.
“嘲笑吧 嘲笑吧
“Mock on. Mock on.
但一切徒劳
Tis all in vain.
你们把沙子对风扔去
You throw the sand against the wind,
风又把沙子吹回”
and the wind blows it back again.”
布莱克[英国诗人]
Blake.
A+
A-plus.
生活 我的生活
And the life and the life I’m living
薯条
French fries.
我刚想要点一份
I was just about to order a basket.
疯狂
To lose my mind
我有权利疯狂
I’ve got a right to lose my mind
能给我杯啤酒吗
Can you get me a beer?
可以 喝我的吧
Yeah, have mine.
我当然很兴奋
Of course, I’m thrilled.
刚毕业的博士
Newly minted PhD.
第一次可以正式
I’m feeling very fancy
教授古希腊的颂诗
and officially teaching Ode on a Grecian
我觉得简直太美妙了
for the first time.
简直如上天堂 是吧
It’s like heaven, right?
没错 没错
Right. Right. Right. Right.
我想要表现的有点戏剧性
And I decide to be a little dramatic.
我下了一番功夫
I’m really gonna go for it
把所有的东西都大声背诵出来
and just recite the whole thing out loud.
不可思议对吧
What the hell, right?
是啊
Sure.
效果非常好 至少我这么认为
And it’s going very well, if I do say so myself.
当我说到英文史上最伟大的诗歌♥之一
And as I reach the immortal final lines
谈到那不朽的最后一句时
of one of the great poems ever written in English,
我听到自己说了如下的话
I hear myself say the following:
“美是酷 酷也是美”
“Beauth is trudy, trudy beauth.”
“这就是你知道 和你需要知道的一切”
“That is all ye know on Earth and all ye need know.”
妙极了
That is great.
真精彩
Great story.
您何时开始喜欢浪漫主义作家的
When did you fall for the Romantics?
是不是 我只是好奇
Was it, like… I’m just curious,
是在大学还是研究生时期
but was it in college or grad school?
因为在上您的课之前 我对这些作家
‘Cause I knew almost nothing about those guys
一无所知
before your class.
您的课
Your class.
真令我敬佩
I can gush, right?
至今我仍记忆犹新
I mean, I still think about it.
就像是
It’s just…
怎么了
What?
你有满腔热情
You’re very enthusiastic.
也许是吧
I guess.
我有辆车
I have a car.
好
Ok.
我想让你和我一起乘坐
I would like for you to get in it with me,
我带你去个地方
and I would like to drive us somewhere.
去哪儿
Where?
不用为付账担心
Don’t worry about the fries.
我是这里的熟客
They know me here.
你最近如何
What’s up?
你好
Oh, hey, man.
好了 你可以走了
Okay, you got to go.
-什么 -出去 现在
– What? – Out. Go, now.
你是说真的吗
Owl. Are you serious?
是的
Yup.
是啊 我不需要在这过夜
Yeah, I don’t have to, uh, stay the night or anything,
但是 能让我喘口气吗
but could I…could I at least catch my breath?
当然
Sure.
你需要多久
How long do you think that’ll be?
-怎么了 -没什么 没什么
– What? – No, no.
我只是突然觉得很好笑
It’s just funny to me all of a sudden.
有什么好笑的
What about it is amusing to you?
比如做♥爱♥之后抽烟 我觉得很好笑
Your post-coital cigarette, for one, is amusing to me.
什么 你不抽烟吗
What, you never smoked?
-我抽过 -但是你戒了
– No, I did. – But you quit.
-是啊 -娘娘腔
– Yeah. – Pussy.
你还是那个给我上
Okay, you are the same Judith Fairfield
英国浪漫主义文学的朱迪斯 ·费尔菲德吗
I took British Romantic literature from?
是教我英国浪漫主义文学的那个
“From whom I took British Romantic literature,”
是的 是我
and yes, that’s me.
但是别以为我们刚刚缠绵过
But just because we screwed,
我们就突然成了
don’t assume we’re suddenly
现在你们年轻人是怎么说来着
what is it you kids say nowadays?
永远的好朋友
BFFs?
是啊 但不是真的
Yeah, that’s not really…
我是说 我们彼此了解什么呢
I mean, what do we really know about each other?
你不抽烟 恭喜你
You’re a nonsmoker. Congratulations.
你可以活到一百岁
You’re going to live to be a hundred.
但是索然无趣的生活 有什么意义呢
But what does it matter if your life is joyless?
一定会很无趣的 相信我
And it will be. Trust me.
现在到底是怎么了
What’s happening here?
你 穿好衣服离开这里
You’re gelling your clothes and you’re leaving,
我要吃一片安必恩
and I’m going to take an Ambien.
不 我的意思是