我没什么钱 但我不得不为她吃的药支付了400法郎
l’m not rich. I’ve had to pay over 400 francs for her medicine.
我是个愚蠢的人 我做事一点都不理智 完全凭心
But I’m a stupid man. l have no sense, just a heart.
-一片好心 -你付了400法郎
– A big heart. – You paid over 400 francs.
五百
Five hundred.
好吧 我今晚就走
All right. I want to leave right away.
对不起 先生 但她妈妈把她交给我们保护
l’m sorry, monsieur. But her mother gave her to us to protect.
-我不能让个陌生人带走她 -多少钱
– I can’t let a stranger take her– – How much?
这不是钱的问题
This isn’t a question of money.
-你对这孩子有什么权利 -你不想要钱
– What right do you have to the girl? – You don’t want money?
当然不是 我的意思是
Of course not. I mean–
即使你付给我1000或1200法郎 我也不能把她交给你
Even if you offered 1000 or 1200 francs. l couldn’t give her to you.
事实是 我欠了1500法郎的债
True, l owe 1500 francs.
如果我有1500法郎 我的一生就解脱了 但是
My whole life would be solved if only l had 1500 francs, but–
我不能只考虑到钱
I can’t think about money.
这是个法律问题 关键是
It’s a question of law. All that matters is:
-谁有带走孩子的权利 -这让人真欣慰
– Who has a right to the child. – That’s a relief.
这有一封珂赛特的妈妈授权我接她走的信
Here’s a letter from Cosette’s mother authorizing me to take her.
珂赛特 快点
Cosette, quick!
我们非得走到巴黎去吗
Do we have to walk all the way to Paris?
-是的 你累了吗 -没有 先生 我很好
– Yes. Are you tired? – No, monsieur. l’m all right.
珂赛特 最好不要叫我”先生”
Cosette, best not to call me “monsieur.”
别人会以为我们两个不认识
People will think we’re strangers.
那我叫你什么 先生
Then what shall l caIl you, monsieur?
叫”爸爸”怎么样
Well, what about “papa”?
但你不是我的父亲 先生 对吗
But you’re not my father, monsieur. Are you?
要我抱你吗
Want me to carry you?
我够得着树枝了
I can reach the branches!
你是法国最高的女士
You’re the tallest lady in France.
-我是法国的女王 -对极了
– l’m the queen of France. – That’s right.
你是法国的女王
You’re the queen of France.
你是女王 珂赛特
You’re the queen, Cosette.
把证件拿出来准备接受检查
Have your papers out and ready to be inspected.
醒醒 到巴黎了
Wake up. This is Paris.
排好队 把证件准备好
Form an orderly queue and have your papers ready!
你 回到队伍里去
You! Keep in line back there!
把证件拿出来准备接受检查
Have your papers out and ready for inspection!
让马车过去
Let these carriages through.
我们必须到那儿
We must get here.
把证件拿出来准备接受检查
Have your papers out and ready for inspection.
听着 在这等会儿
Listen. Wait here.
我不会去太久 好吗
l won’t be long. All right?
把证件拿出来准备接受检查
Have your papers out and ready for inspection.
别离开我
Don’t leave me!
你要安静 我只是去看看那个城墙
You have to be quiet. l’m just having a look at the waIl.
-我不会离开你的 -我们要爬城墙吗
– l’m not leaving you. – Are we gonna climb that wall?
对
Yes.
好吗
All right?
爸爸 是你让我叫你♥爸♥爸的
Papa! But you told me to call you papa.
你 你的文件在哪儿
You! Where are your documents?
-还没找到 -他是步行
– No luck yet. – He’s on foot.
那个小女孩会脱慢他的步伐
The little girl would slow him down.
沙威
WelI, Javert…
你说他是阿让 而我们驳回了你
you said he was Valjean, and we ignored you.
除了道歉
Rather than apologize…
我想让你知道 我已要求上级把你调回巴黎
l want you to know that I’ve asked the prefect to transfer you to Paris…
做我的助手
to work as my deputy.
先生 这是我的荣幸
Monsieur, l’m honored.
谢谢你
Thank you.
同时 这些人来帮你一起搜寻冉阿让
Meanwhile, these men are at your disposal to find Valjean.
珂赛特 把你的娃娃给我
All right, Cosette. Give me your doll.
爬到我背上来
Now, climb on my back.
来
Come on. Here.
把脚放在这儿
Put your foot here.
好 跳一下 对了 这才是乖孩子
That’s it. Big jump. That’s a girl. All right.
-爸爸 我很怕 -别往下看
– Papa, I’m frightened. – Don’t look down.
-他当然不会 -什么
– Of course he won’t. – Pardon me?
-他不会什么 -准备好证件
– He won’t what? – Have your papers ready.
我要你们三个人一组 沿着城墙分头走
l want three of you in each direction to walk around the waIl.
搜寻那些可以让人从城墙跳过来的小缺口
Look for a narrow gap where someone could jump onto a roof.
-快 -我不明白
– Go! – I don’t understand.
他没有正式的证件 长官 他不会从大门走的
He has no proper papers, sir. He won’t come through here.
-看着这儿 -是的 长官
– Watch here. – Yes, sir.
趴下
Stay down!
我们要从这过去
We’Il have to cross here.
闭嘴 你想害死我们吗
Shut up! Do you want to get us killed?
对不起 没事了
l’m sorry. It’s all right.
对不起 但我们一定不能出声
l’m sorry. But we have to be quiet.
我们只能从这儿进去
This is the only place we can get over.
听我说 我们一定要跳过去
Listen to me. We have to jump.
来 抓着我的手
Come on. Take my hand.
-墙那面是什么 -是女修道院
– What’s on the other side of this wall? – it’s a convent.
我不允许吵醒一帮害怕男人的修女
l’m not going to wake up a building full of nuns…
搜查她们的房♥间
who are terrified of men and search their beds!
-这是为了保护她们 -这是个严格的命令
– it’s for their protection. – This is a strict order.
她们连看男人一眼都不允许 更别说讲话了
They’re not permitted to look at a man much less speak to him!
这是个女子寄宿学校 她们必须受到保护
it’s a boarding school for girls. They must be protected.
这些孩子是贵族的子女
The girls are daughters of the aristocracy…
这些贵族在你做得对的时候 会亲吻你的脚
whose parents will kiss your feet if you are right…
做错的时候会送你上断头台
and have you guillotined if you are wrong!
我知道他在里面
l know he’s in there.
干什么 你是谁
What? Who are you?
现在我被大车压住了 拉菲特
Now l’m trapped under the cart, Lafitte.
如果你能把所有的修女和学生集中在小教堂
lf you would collect all the nuns and schoolgirls and take them to the chapel.
那样我的人就可以仔细搜查 而你也不需担心
Then my men could search everywhere and you wouldn’t be in danger.
我们不是怕男人 我们在这是颂扬基♥督♥
We’re not afraid of men. We’re here to adore Christ.
-我在外面没法保护你们 -搜查我们的住处
– I can’t protect you out here. – A search of our grounds…
学校和修道院是不可能的
our school or our convent is impossible.
对不起 督察
l’m sorry, lnspector.
我已经告诉主管的嬷嬷 你是我的兄弟
I’ve told the Mother Superior you’re my brother.
-你将是新园丁 -好极了
– You’ll be the new gardener. – Good.
谢谢你
Thank you.
明天能安排她在这里读书吗
Tomorrow can you arrange for her to go to school here?
-我可以付钱 -她是谁
– I can pay. – Who is she?
她是个孤儿
She’s an orphan.
她以后就和我在一起了
She’ll be with me now.
十年后
-可惜 -什么
– Pity. – What?
我在想 明年就轮到珂赛特了
l was thinking of next year, when it will be Cosette’s turn.
献身基♥督♥可惜吗
ls it a pity to be devoted to Christ?
一个美丽的修女是极大的浪费
A beautiful nun is a tragic waste.
即使把珂赛特留在这儿
Well, even though Cosette will be stuck here…
最起码你应看看外面的世界
at least you can see the world.
或者巴黎
Or Paris anyway.
你不好奇吗
Aren’t you curious?
你有多少年没出去了
You haven’t been outside now in how many years?
世界是不会变的
The world never changes.
它每天都在变化
lt is changing.
你应该亲眼去看看
You shouId have a look for yourseIf.
你会感到吃惊的
You’ll be surprised.
-你在看什么 -看来来往往的人
– What are you looking at? – l’m just watching the people go by.
-我不想守誓约了 -你答应过院长嬷嬷的
– I don’t want to take my vows. – Your promised the Mother Superior.
-我想离开这儿 求你了 -但我们在这儿很安全
– l want to leave. PIease. – But we’re safe here.
-干吗要这么安全 -这有我们一切所需的
– Safe from what? – We have everything we need.
我可以工作 可以在你左右
I can work here. I can be near you.
-我们在这儿生活得很好 -求你了 爸爸
– We have a good life here. – Please, Papa.
我会考虑的
I’ll think about it.
我非常感谢你为我们所作的一切 院长嬷嬷
l’m very grateful for everything you’ve done for us, Reverend Mother.
但女儿的幸福对我才是最重要的
But my daughter’s happiness is what’s most important to me.
说实话 我很失望 珂赛特改变了主意
Naturally, I’m disappointed Cosette has changed her mind.
但我也希望看到她开心
But l, too, want to see her happy.
谢谢您