lnspector! lnspector, please listen to my side.
我知道我打了那个先生 我知道我错了
l know l hit the gentleman. l know l was wrong.
但是他们有权力把雪塞到我衣服里吗
But do they have the right to put snow down my dress…
更何况这是我唯一的一件 我要用它来工作
especially when it’s the only one l have, and l need it for work?
对不起 我不是故意要争辩
l’m sorry. I don’t mean to argue.
以后再也不敢了
lt won’t happen again.
督察 求求你
lnspector, please.
-求你发发慈悲 -好了
– Please be merciful. – All right.
我已听你说完了 你仍要坐六个月牢
I’ve listened to your side. You’re still getting six months.
-说什么也没有用 -等一下
– The eternal fire can’t change that. – One moment.
是你 都是你干的好事 是你开除的我
it’s you. You did this to me! You fired me.
母狗 过来
Slut! Come here!
-放了她 -什么
– Let her go. – What?
听我说 你抓她的时候我正好路过
Let me explain. l was crossing the square when you arrested her.
我问了周围的人 他们说是那个男的责任
l asked people, and they said it was the fauIt of the men who’d attacked her.
事实上 他们才应该被抓起来
ln f act, they should be under arrest.
现在你已听到了新的证据 我想让你放了她
Now that you’ve heard this new evidence, l want you to release her.
他说我可以走了 他是市长对不对
He said I can go. He is the mayor, isn’t he?
我要走了
I’ll be going.
-我不会麻烦任何人 -警官 谁说她可以走了
– l won’t be any bother to anyone. – Sergeant, who said she could go?
-我说的 -不 你说得不算
– l did. – No, you don’t.
在维高 我有终审权她是无辜的
l’m the final judicial authority in Vigau. She’s innocent.
-她向你吐痰 -她心烦意乱 我原谅她了
– She spat on you. – She was upset. l forgive her.
她侮辱了你 在我的人面前 玷污了您
She insuIted you. ln front of my men, she defiled you.
-那时我的事 督察 -不对 先生 你错了
– That’s my concern, lnspector. – No, sir. You are wrong.
你是权力 道德 政♥府♥的 象征
You are the personification of order…
事实上 是整个社会的象征
morallty, government– in fact, the whole of society.
你原谅她事实上是贬低了我们所有人
You don’t have the right to forgive her for debasing all of us.
你没有权力干扰法律
You don’t have the authority to destroy justice.
我有
l do.
根据刑法的第九和第十一条 我有权释放她
Under Articles 9 and 11 of the criminal code, I can order her release.
警官 她可以走了
Sergeant, she is free to go.
我不允许这样 先生 我当时在现场 她袭击了一个人
I cannot allow that, monsieur. l was there. She attacked a man.
-我做了决定 她自♥由♥了 -只要是我在这儿就不行
– The decision is mine. She is free. – Not while l am in charge of this post!
根据第六十六条 你要到明天早上才可以行使权力
Under Article 66, you are relieved of command until tomorrow morning.
走吧 督察请离开
You are dismissed, lnspector! Leave!
马上
Now!
你可以走了
You’re free to go.

Water.
她可能活不了
I doubt she’ll survive.
她不停的叫着珂赛特 是谁呀
She talks continually about Cosette. Who’s that?
-她女儿 -她完全是靠意志强撑着
– Her daughter. – She needs will to fight the infection.
也许那个女孩来
Perhaps if the girl were with her–
我明白 谢谢你 医生
I understand. Thank you, Doctor.
你需要个护理人员 明天早上我可以安排一个
You’ll need nurses. I can’t arrange for them till morning.
但今晚怎么办
What about tonight?
今晚我会来照顾她
I’ll take care of her tonight.
保持她的身体温暖 头的温度不要过热 晚安
Keep her body warm and her head cool. Good night.
为什么听信别人的闲言碎语
Why did the gossip bother you?
-你没必要非得开除我 -你的衣服湿了
– You didn’t have to fire me. – Your cIothes are damp.
-我要给你找些干的 -没事的
– l have to get you some dry– – it’s all right.
这次我不收钱 你应得的
There’ll be no charge. You deserve it.
但我不明白你为什么会变得这么好
But I don’t understand why you’re being so kind.
当时我被误导了 我并不了解事实
l was preoccupied. l didn’t know.
如果你直接来找我 这些就都不会
lf you’d come straight to me, none of this–
你需要休息
You need to rest.
-你不想亲一下吗 -我想让你休息
– You don’t want a kiss? – l want you to rest.
还有 别担心 我会把女儿给你带回来的
And don’t worry. I’ll bring your daughter to you.
-你会去找德纳第吗 -不 我没时间
– You’re going to the Thénardiers? – No. I can’t.
我会寄些钱 让人把她带回来
I’ll send the money to bring Cosette here.
-她不能和我一起过 -她当然能
– She can’t live with me. – Of course she can.
她会的
She will.
她会去上学 而你就不用再操心了
She’ll attend the school, and you won’t have any more worries.
你好一点后 我会给你找个工作
When you’re better I’ll find work for you.
但你不明白
But you don’t understand.
我是个妓♥女♥ 而珂赛特也没有父亲
l’m a whore, and Cosette has no father.
她有上帝
She has the Lord.
上帝是她的父亲
He is her Father.
你也是上帝的子民
And you are His creation.
在上帝的眼里你永远是纯真无邪的
ln His eyes you have never been anything but an innocent…
美丽的女人
and beautiful woman.
-你看上去在一天天的好转 -骗人
– You look better every day. – Liar.
-请坐 -谢谢
– Please. – Thank you.
芳汀 瞧
Fantine, look.
那是德纳第的笔迹吗
ls that Thénardier’s handwriting?
-是的 -出什么事了
– Yes. – ls something wrong?
-看一下吧 -我不认字
– Read it. – I don’t know how.
-你能替我读一下吗 -这 我 我自己也正在学
– Would you read it to me? – Well, l’m– l’m learning, myself.
我们真是天生一对
We’re a fine pair.
我的职员告诉我 这个人不愿放珂赛特走
My clerk tells me this man can’t bring Cosette
因为你还欠他的钱
because you owe him money.
-没有 我付过钱的 -而且我也寄钱给他们了
– I don’t. l paid him. – I’ve sent him money as well.
这明显是在撒谎他可以把珂赛特带来当面拿钱
it’s an obvious lie. He could’ve brought Cosette and been paid in person.
那我去找他
Then l’Il go get her.
不 等等 呆在这儿 没事的
No, wait. Stay where you are. it’s all right.
没有必要 他以为你挣了大钱
There’s no need. He thinks you’ve come into money.
就变得有点贪婪 仅此而已
He’s become a little greedy, that’s all.
我会把他要求的寄给他 额外再付一些 把珂赛特要回来
I’ve sent him what he’s asked for, and extra, to bring Cosette.
她过几天就会来的
She should be here in a few days.
看到她将是多么兴奋呀
How wonderful to see her.
-你必须吃东西 亲爱的 -来吃午餐
– You must eat. – Have your lunch.
那你呢 你不吃吗
What about you? Don’t you eat?
我们的小云雀 可爱的珂赛特
‘Our litfle lark, our darling Cosetfe…
渴望和她妈妈在一起 但她现在有点咳嗽
is eager to be with her mother, but she has a cough.
这个小天使说 “就像我妈妈一样”
‘Like my mummy’s,’ the sweet angel said.
医生说她现在不适合旅行
The physician advises she’s not well enough to travel now.
等她身体好一点后我会带她来的
I’ll bring her when she’s stronger.
另外 药的价钱也很贵
Meanwhile, the medicine is expensive…
医生也漫天要价
and the doctor’s bills are criminal.
芳汀又欠我们50法郎了
Fantine owes us another 50 francs.”
-好了 我听够了 -你不想口述个回复吗
– All right. I’ve heard enough. – Do you want to dictate a reply?

No.
相反 写一个字据让芳汀来签名
lnstead, write this note for Fantine to sign:
德纳第先生
“M. Thénardier…
你要把珂赛特交给送信人
you will hand Cosette over to the bearer.
此致
Regards.”
我马上就去
I’ll be leaving right away.
-沙威 -我想马上和你谈一下
– Javert. – I need to see you immediateIy.
-单独谈 -谢谢你 皮埃尔
– Alone. – Thank you, Pierre.
我还有急事 督察
l’m in a hurry, lnspector.
一起严重的 发生了一起极其严重的对公众信用的侵害
A serious– A grave violation of the public trust has been committed.
一个下属丝毫不尊重法律的严肃性
An inferior has shown a complete lack of respect for the law.
-他必须被揭露和惩罚 -是谁
– He must be exposed and punished. – Who is the offender?

I am.
我诽谤了您 阁下 我来这儿是希望您接受我的辞职
l slandered you, monsieur. l’m here to ask that you demand my dismissal.
督察 你到底在说什么
lnspector, what are you talking about?
辞职也是一种荣誉 而我不配
Resignation is honorable, and I don’t deserve it.
我必须受到惩罚
I must be punished.
关于那个 女人 你对我并不公正
You treated me unjustly over the– about the woman.
这次你一定要公正的对待我 你一定要解雇我
This time you must treat me justly. You must dismiss me.
为什么
For what?
我在巴黎的警务总署指控您
l denounced you to the Paris prefect of police.
-我对他们说您曾是个罪犯 -你说我是什么
– l swore that you were a convict. – You said l was what?
罪犯
A convict.
我没有任何证据 仅有一些
l had no proof.
对这个人 冉阿让
Only a memory of this man, Jean Valjean,
一个20年前我在监狱看守过的人 的零星回忆
whom l guarded 20 years ago in prison.
我在没有一点证据的情况下告发您
l denounced you without a shred of evidence.
-你告发我 -是的
– You denounced me? – Yes.
我是个笨蛋 他们告诉我错了
l was a fool. They told me l was wrong.
他们说你不可能是冉阿让 他们说得对

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!