然后领头的僧人 是德国人
And I thought this was the revenge of World War ll.
我都觉得这是不是为二战在报仇
Because they had a bunch of Americans up there…
因为他们领着一帮美国人在山上
you know, walking in sandals through the snow…
让他们穿着拖鞋在雪地里走路
and being, you know, beaten in the Zendo with sticks.
在僧堂里用棍子打他们
And I thought, you know, this is really not the place for me…
我觉得 这地方真的不适合我
so I ran away.
于是我就跑了
很抱歉我眼下不能服侍你了
亲爱的老师
因为我遇到了这个女人
请原谅我的自私
我向你发送生日的祝福
深切的喜爱和尊敬
But there was something about Roshi that I remembered.
但老师身上还是有什么 让我记住了
So several months later, I came back again…
所以几个月后 我又回去了
and then I began to study with him…
然后我开始跟他一起学禅
and practice with him.
一起修道
I began to study seriously about 30 years ago.
我大概是30年前开始认真学习的
That is, spending, you know…
基本上就
several months of the year with him all the time.
一年花好几个月的时间跟他朝夕相处
In 1993, I think it was…
我记得是1993年吧
I moved into the Zen center on Mount Baldy.
我搬进了 波尔蒂山禅寺
And afterwards, I was ordained…
之后 我受戒成为
as a monk of Roshi’s.
老师管制下的僧人
You know, if Roshi had been a…
假如老师是一个
you know, professor of physics in Heidelberg…
德国海德堡大学的物理教授
you know, I would’ve learned German…
我就得学会德语
and moved to Heidelberg.
然后搬去海德堡
I just felt that there was something…
我就感觉 老师有某些道理
that Roshi had to show me.
想要传授于我
And since I was there…
而且既然我人在那里
and looking after him…
并且照料他的起居
as my job in the monastery…
就是我在修道院的工作
It was appropriate that I become ordained…
我受戒这件事也就是合适的
because that was just the procedure.
就是这么个过程
So I became a monk.
所以我就成为了僧人
But just formally…
但只是名义上的
so that the protocol could be observed.
这样才好遵循惯例
You know, Roshi happens to be a Zen master…
老师就碰巧是位禅师
and a Zen monk, you know.
一位僧人
As he said to me…
他对我说过
in one of our first personal encounters…
在我们早期刚认识的时候
formal encounters, he said…
一次正式的会面 他说
I not Japanese, you not Jewish.
我不是日本人 你不是犹太人
You know?
你明白吗
So, you know, Roshi not Zen master…
老师不是禅义大♥师♥
and Leonard not Zen student. You know.
里奥纳德不是学生
Other versions of ourselves might arise…
我们可能会发现不同的自己
that are more interesting.
更有意思的自己
And so he would– became a part of my life…
于是他成为了我人生的一部分
and a deep friend.
一位挚友
In the real sense of friendship.
最真实的一种友谊
Someone who really cared about- or didn’t care.
他真正在乎 或者说不在乎
I’m not quite sure which it is.
我也不确定
Or deeply didn’t care about who I was.
完全不在乎我是什么人
Therefore, who I was began to wither.
于是我的身份就不再重要了
And the less I was of who I was…
我离那些身份越遥远
the better I felt.
就感觉越好
The birds they sang
At the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don’t dwell
On what has passed away
Or what is yet to be
Oh, the wars
They will be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
And bought and sold and bought again
The dove is never free
Ring the bells
That still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack
A crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in
We asked for signs
The signs were sent
The birth betrayed
The marriage spent
The widowhood
Of every government
Signs for all to see
I can’t run no more
With that lawless crowd
While the killers in high places
Say their prayers out loud
But they’ve summoned
They’ve summoned up a thunder cloud
They’re gonna hear from me
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack
A crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in
You can add up the parts
You won’t have the sum
You can strike up the march
There is no drum
Every heart
To love will come
But like a refugee
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack
A crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in
That’s how the light gets in
That’s how the light gets in
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in
That’s how the light gets in
That’s how the light gets in
That’s how the light gets in
Oooh
Oooh
Oooh
Oooh
Oooh
Julie Christensen!
茱莉•克里斯蒂森
Perla Batalla!
波拉•巴塔拉
Thank you.
谢谢大家
We have to introduce–
我们要介绍…
Thank you very much.
谢谢大家
We have to introduce some very special people right now…
我们现在要介绍几位非常特殊的人
who helped us to bring Leonard’s music to you tonight.
他们今晚帮我们把里奥纳德的音乐呈现给了大家
Our rhythm section, Rob. Way over here.
节奏乐器组 罗柏 在这呢
Rob Burger.
罗柏•博格
Kenny Wollesen.
肯尼•沃森
Don Falzone.
唐•费尔宗
And with us for the first time this year–
今年初次加入我们的–
and I’ll say it– Chris Spedding.
克里斯·斯佩丁
On strings. Mr. Maxim Moston.
弦乐组 马克西姆·莫斯顿
Beautiful Joan Wasser.
美丽的琼·沃塞尔
Mr. Charles Burnham.
查尔斯·伯纳姆先生
And on the saw, Mr. David Coulter.
锯琴 大卫·库尔特先生
On saxophone, Briggan Krause.
萨克斯风 布里根·库劳斯
On trumpet and our musical director…
小号♥手 也是我们的音乐总监…
Mr. Steve Bernstein.
史蒂夫·博尔斯特因先生
To have this collection of people…
能让这些人
in, you know, in the same show…
同台演出
and they’re all very different.
大家都很不同
All have very different careers and backgrounds and futures.
每个人都有不同的音乐生涯 背景 和未来
And it says so much about Leonard Cohen’s songs…
非常能说明科恩的歌♥曲
that can unify people like that.
是怎样地把不同的人聚集到一起
The people that I remain very faithful to…
我一直忠于那些
are the people that really influenced me…
在我年轻时真正影响了我
when I was very young.
的人们
When I didn’t know anything about anything.
那时的我一无所知
And…
然后…
that just really showed that in a very concrete way…
那些影响 非常具体地展示了
showed a direction forward…
前进的方向
and for me to be doing this is very much about that.
对我来说参加这次演出的意义就在于此
It’s about paying some kind of homage to that.
为了表达我的敬意
It’s a gesture of thanks. In a way.
或者说我的感谢
And I think everyone feels a bit like that.
我觉得每个人都多少是这么想的
I’ve been humbled and humiliated as a fan…
作为科恩的粉丝 每当我
of Leonard Cohen…
听他的歌♥时
you know, every time I listen to one of his songs…
都感到谦卑 自愧不如
but particularly, the song, Hallelujah…
尤其是《哈利路亚》这首歌♥
is a song that is so surprising…
这首歌♥充满惊喜
because as well as bringing you to your knees…
因为它不仅让你想下跪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!