从头到脚穿着阿玛尼
Like an Armani suit with his hair slicked back…
阿玛尼全套西装 头发也梳到后面去
and, like, these patent leather shoes or whatever…
穿着精致的皮鞋什么的
and I literally jumped out of my seat.
我整个人一下跳了起来
I was like, “oh, my God, it’s Leonard Cohen.”
我就 “我的妈呀 这是里奥纳德•科恩”
You know, kind of, it was ’cause he–
你懂 就 因为他
he looked like he’d walked off…
他看上去就像是从
one of his album covers.
专辑封面走出来的
He’s really, I don’t know–
他真的 怎么说呢
He’s a snappy dresser.
很会打扮
My father trained as an engineer…
我父亲本来受训做一个工程师
but somehow he fell into the clothing business…
但后来不知怎么的就进入了服装行业
and manufacturing clothing.
服装制♥造♥
So I grew up wearing suits.
所以我从小就穿西装
I tried jeans, but, you know, I never felt comfortable…
我试过牛仔裤 但是就 总是觉得不舒服
in blue jeans.
穿牛仔裤
Never got it right.
就是穿不对
So I just finally surrendered…
所以我最终还是投降了
you know, to the fact that I felt most comfortable…
承认了 我还是穿着西装时
in a suit.
最自在
Everybody knows that the dice were loaded
每个人都知道骰子被动了手脚
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
每个人都一边摇骰一边祈祷
Everybody knows that the war is over
每个人都知道战争结束了
Everybody knows that the good guys lost
每个人都知道好人战败了
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
每个人都知道这里面有鬼
The poor stay poor, and the rich get rich
穷♥人♥依旧穷 富人总是富
That’s how it goes
生活就是这样
And everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
每个人都知道船在漏水
Everybody knows that the captain lied
每个人都知道船长撒了谎
Everybody’s got this broken feeling
每个人都经历着那种心碎
Like their father or their dog just died
就像他们的父亲或是宠物刚去世
Everybody’s talking to their pockets
每个人都对着他们的口袋说话
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
每个人都想要一盒巧克力
And a long stem rose
还有一支长长的玫瑰
And everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
That’s how it goes
生活就是这样
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
That’s how it goes
生活就是这样
The Wainwrights are–
温莱特一家
are bringing my work to life.
把我的作品唱活了
I really appreciate that.
我真的很开心
And everybody knows that it’s now or never
每个人都知道机会仅此一次
Everybody knows that it’s me or you
每个人都知道不是你死就是我亡
And everybody knows that you’ll live forever
每个人都知道当你吸一两口
Oh, when you’ve done a line or two
那感觉就像得到永生
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
每个人都知道买♥♥卖♥♥的背后是伤害
Old Black Joe’s still pickin’ cotton
黑人老乔还是采着棉花
For your ribbons and bows
就为了你的绑带和蝴蝶结
And everybody knows
每个人都知道
And everybody knows that the plague is coming
每个人都知道瘟疫要降临了
Everybody knows that it’s moving fast
每个人都知道它很快就要来了
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
每个人都知道那赤♥裸♥男女的雕塑
Are just a shinin’ article of the past
不过是历史流传的闪亮物件
Everybody knows the scene is dead
每个人都知道时代在凋零
There’s gonna be a meter on your bed
你的床头会有一块计时表
That will disclose
它会揭露
What everybody knows
每个人都懂的那些事
And everybody knows that you’re in trouble
每个人都知道你有麻烦了
Everybody knows what you’ve been through
每个人都知道你经历了什么
From the bloody cross on top of Calvary
不管是圣十字军沾满血的十字架
To the beach in Malibu
还是马里布的海滩
Everybody knows it’s comin’ apart
每个人都知道它将分崩离析
Take one last look at this sacred heart
再最后看一眼这颗神圣的心吧
Before it blows
在它粉碎之前
And everybody knows
每个人都知道
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
That’s how it goes
生活就是这样
And everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
Everybody knows
每个人都懂
That’s how it goes
生活就是这样
And
而且
Everybody
每个人
Knows
都懂
There was a very beautiful young woman.
曾经有一个很美丽的年轻女人
She was a poet…
她是一个诗人
and she fell in love with–with my friend.
她爱上了我的一个朋友
I would have preferred her to fall in love with me…
我倒是希望她爱上的是我…
but I enjoyed hearing the story from his lips.
但我还是很享受听我朋友讲他们之间的故事
爱
上
你
And he showed me a poem that he wrote her…
他给我看了一首他写给她的诗
and I’ve never forgotten it.
我一直都没忘
It goes…
诗写道:
“I am a dreamer…
“我是一个梦想家”
“living in the past of silver nights…
“活在过往的银辉之夜中”
“that came and swiftly went.
“它来了 又迅速离去”
“Your lovely ghost still owns the power.
“你可爱的魂魄仍掌握着支配我的力量”
He was not insensitive to the honor…
她赋予他怎样的曼妙灵感
that he had received from her…
他是非常清楚的
but I thought the poem was beautiful.
而我也觉得这首诗非常美
And I saw the effect that it had on him…
我也见证了这诗对他的影响
and I suppose it contributed to my investment…
这件事大概也是我投身于
in the commitment, you know…
诗作
to–to writing poems.
的部分原因吧
Please welcome Martha Wainwright.
有请玛莎•温莱特
Now the swan
有只天鹅
Floated on the English river
浮游在英伦河上
The rose of high romance, it opened wide
高贵浪漫的玫瑰盛开着
A suntanned woman yearned me through the summer
日光浴的女子 渴望我一整夏
And the judges watched us from the other side
而法官们在对岸看着我们
I told my mother, Mother, I must leave you
我对母亲说 母亲 我必须离开您
Preserve my room, but do not shed a tear
请保存我的房♥间 但别拭一滴泪
And should rumor of a shabby ending reach you
如果灰暗结局的谣言传到你耳边
It was half my fault and half the atmosphere
那么一半错在我 一半在世道
But the rose I sickened with a scarlet fever
那玫瑰 为我染上猩红的热度
And the swan I tempted with a sense of shame
那天鹅 被我以羞耻感所诱惑
She said at last I was her finest lover
她说 兜兜转转 我是她最好的爱人
And if she withered, I would be to blame
而若她枯萎 我就是罪魁祸首
The judges said, you missed it by a fraction
法官们说 你失之毫厘
Rise up and brace your troops for the attack
快起立 让你的部队为出击做好准备
The dreamers ride against the men of action
梦想家迎战实干家
See the men of action falling back
看 实干家在节节败退
But I lingered on her thigh a fatal moment
但我在她大腿上多停留了致命一刻
I kissed her lips as though I thirsted still
我好似口渴那样地亲吻她嘴唇
And my falsity had stung me like a hornet
我的虚伪像黄蜂般蛰伤了我
The poison sank and it paralyzed my will
毒素浸入 麻痹我的意志
I could not move to warn all the younger soldiers
我动弹不得 无法警告年轻的士兵
That they had been deserted from above
告诉他们 头顶神明已经弃他们而去
So on battlefields from here to Barcelona
于是从这一直到巴塞罗那的战场上
I’m listed with the enemies of love
我都被列入爱的敌人的名单
And long ago, she said, I must be leaving
很久以前 她对我说 我要走了
But keep my body here to lie upon
把我的身体留在这里陪伴你吧
You can move it up and down
请你随意摆弄它
And when I’m sleeping
待我熟睡时