“你都会失去一丝微小的记忆”
I’m not a very nostalgic person.
我不是一个很念旧的人
You know, I don’t really look at the past…
我基本上不会回顾往事
and, you know, summon up regrets…
去唤醒什么悔恨也好
Or self-congratulations or you know.
自我肯定也好
It just is not a mechanism that operates…
这整个概念 在我脑海中
very strongly in me.
都不太常有
So I neither have regrets…
所以我既没有遗憾
nor, um, you know…
也没有 嗯…
nor occasions for self-congratulations.
也没有自我肯定
Leonard is this almost…
里奥纳德对于我来说…
prophetic voice in music for me.
是音乐界一个先知般的声音
He’s got this almost biblical significance…
他有着几乎神圣的重要性
边 缘
and authority…
以及权威
which, I think, definitely comes from…
在我看来 这些都来自于
his rather unique approach to working on songs…
他独特的创作方式
where a song will take years to mature.
有时一首歌♥需要好几年来雕琢
He can really write.
他真的很会写作
I mean, he’s– he’s got that advantage…
这是他的优势
that he can actually write, I guess.
他能真正意义上地写作
He just would spend days on every line…
他会在每一句上都花好几天时间
and every word and every…
每一个词…
You know, he said he spends a year looking at a song.
他说他经常花一整年的时间推敲一首歌♥
You know, you don’t have all the time in the world.
时间总是不够用
I say to myself, “Look, you know how long…
我就跟自己说 “你自己知道”
“it takes you to get something done…
“你做事多花时间”
“so you know, you know you’ve got to run through…
“所以你也知道 你估计要”
“at least ten versions of this thing.
“改十个版本”
“You know, you have to write down…
“哪怕是你想抛弃的版本”
“what you’re going to abandon.
“也得把它写下来”
“You’ve got to see how it works in the whole thing…
“这样你才能看清它们在整体中的作用”
“and then throw it away.
“然后才能抛弃”
And then throw it away.”
“然后才能抛弃”
Some people make doors.
有些人造木门
博 诺
U2 乐队主唱
Carpenters.
木匠嘛
Some people, you know, cut hedges.
有些人 修建灌木丛
Some people are plumbers.
有些人是管道工
Some people are doctors and nurses.
有些人是医生 护士
Leonard Cohen you feel…
科恩给人的感觉…
is a songwriter.
他就是一个歌♥曲创作家
He goes to work at that.
他就是专门做这个的
Now you don’t get the sense from him…
写歌♥对于他来说不是
“Oh, I woke up one morning…
“哦 我早上醒来”
“and this beautiful song was just…
“这首优美的歌♥就已经在这了”
there it was, freshly painted.”
“一切就绪 新鲜出炉”
You know, with him, he goes…
不是这样的 他是…
“No, no. I…
“不 不 我…”
I had to wait a long time for that one.”
“等待这首歌♥已经很久了”
If it is your destiny to be this laborer…
如果你命中注定要当这样一种劳动者
called a writer…
作家
you know, you know that you’ve got to go to work every day…
你自己清楚 你每天都得创作
but you also know that…
但同时你也清楚…
you’re not gonna get it every day.
不会每天都有所收获
You have to be prepared…
你必须做好准备
but you really don’t command the enterprise.
但你对于一切并没有十足的掌控
(科恩的诗集)
渴 望 之 书
Sometimes when you no longer see yourself…
当你不再把自己视为
as the hero of your own drama…
戏剧中的英雄主角
you know, expecting victory after victory…
不再期望不停地胜利
and you understand deeply that this is not paradise…
你就深刻地明白了 人生不是天堂
somehow we’re, especially the privileged ones that we are…
我们 尤其是我们生于优待的这些人
we somehow embrace the notion that this vale of tears…
我们不知为何把眼泪谷看做是…
(眼泪谷:基♥督♥教中的概念 充满苦难的世间)
that it’s perfectible.
可以完美通关的
我一直没找到那女孩
我一直没变富
跟我来吧
That you’re gonna get it all straight.
就好像我们什么都能做好做对
I found that things became a lot easier…
我发现当我不再期望着凡事完美
when–when I–when I no longer expected to win.
一切都变得更简单了
I tried to put this into that song called…
我把这个想法尝试写进了
A Thousand Kisses Deep…
《千吻之深》这首歌♥
you know, where you understand that…
当你想明白了
You abandon your masterpiece, and you…
抛弃属于自己的“大作品”
and you sink into the real masterpiece.
让自己沉浸于真正纯粹的大♥师♥之作
The ponies run
马驹奔跑着
The girls are young
女孩们还年轻
The odds are there to beat
命运等待着你去打破
You win a while
你意气风发一时
And then it’s done
然后一切结束了
Your little winning streak
你的连胜纪录
And summoned now
如今你被召来
To deal
来消化
With your invincible defeat
你那无懈可击的失败
You live your life
你过你的日子
As if it’s real
仿佛一切还真实
A thousand kisses deep
千吻之深
I’m turnin’ tricks
我玩着小花样
I’m gettin’ fixed
我整装待发
I’m back on Boogie Street
我还是以前的我
You lose your grip
你失去掌控
And then you slip
于是你陷入
Into the masterpiece
那大♥师♥之作
And maybe I
或许我
Had miles to drive
本还有很长的路
And promises to keep
和许多待允的诺言
You ditch them all
你抛下一切
To stay alive
只为了活下去
A thousand kisses deep
千吻之深
When I first met him…
我第一次见到他时…
it was funny because I befriended his daughter…
还蛮有意思的 因为我跟他女儿是朋友
and she’s, you know…
他女儿是
one of my all-time greatest friends, and…
我最好的朋友之一
but I was still admittedly a little nervous…
但我其实还是有点紧张的
洛福斯·温莱特
to meet her dad, and to, you know…
要见他了 要…
step into that world…
踏入一个全新的世界
And when I first met him…
我第一次见他的时候…
we went upstairs for coffee, and he was–
我跟他女儿上楼想喝咖啡 他就…
the first vision I had of him was…
我关于他的初次视觉印象就是
He was wearing underwear…
他穿着内衣
and he was boiling soba noodles, and he–
在煮荞麦面 然后他…
He was boiling soba noodles…
他在煮荞麦面
and he also had these little sausages…
他还煮了一些小小的
that he’d cooked…
香肠
and that he was biting little bits off…
他把香肠咬成小块小块的
and regurgitating onto a toothpick…
再吐出来插到牙签上
and feeding this–this–this bird…
在喂一只鸟
that had fallen out of a nest…
从巢里掉下来的一只
like a little baby bird…
小小的鸟
So he was trying to revive this baby bird.
他在想办法救它
And that was like the first thing I saw…
那就是我第一次亲眼见到他
was him, like, trying to revive…
在那想办法救一只
this poor baby bird.
可怜的小鸟
It was just like a Leonard Cohen moment…
非常科恩式的一个瞬间
and in his underwear.
而且还是穿着内衣
And I was like, OK.
我就想 哇 好吧
And then–and then he went off…
然后我们愉快地聊了下天
after a pleasant conversation…
他走开了一会
and then I was sitting with Lorca, talking…
我就坐在那跟洛卡聊天
and then all of a sudden, he reappeared…
突然间 他又出现了
in full, like, Armani dress.