约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine?
你在吗
Are you here?
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Jo?
你在吗
Are you here?
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine?
哦 不
Oh, no.
不
No.
我们来晚了
We’re too late.
太晚了
We’re too late.
那上面写的什么
What does it say?
这是一张自杀遗书
It’s a suicide note.
维奥莱特 克劳斯和阳阳
”Violet, Klaus and Sunny, by
等你们看到这个时 我的生命已结束了
the time you read this, my life will be at its end.
我的心就跟艾克一样冷
My heart is as cold as Ike,
我发现生命让我难以承受
and I find life inbearable.”
难以承受
”Inbearable”?
继续
Go on.
我知道你们小孩
”I know you children may
也许不懂得身为寡妇的痛苦
not understand the sad life of a dowadg…”
“寡妇”这个词只写了一个字母D
”Dowager” has one D.
无所谓 继续读
It doesn’t matter. Keep going.
我不知道是什么让我做出这绝望的举动
”or what would have led to this desperate akt.”
“举动”这个词中间是C
”Act” is spelled with a C.
这是一封遗书 你怎么还在关心拼写
It’s a suicide note. Why are you checking spelling?
她说过她一生最爱就是语法
She said her greatest joy in life was grammar.
那她为什么会犯这么多拼写错误
Why is she making all these mistakes?
也许等你要跳楼的时候
If you were about to jump out a window,
你也会犯几个拼写错误
you might make a few spelling mistakes too.
我想让你们知道 死掉我反而会更快活
”Please know that I am much happier this way.
我最后的心愿和遗言
As my last will and testament,
就是将你们三个托付给贾船长
I leave you three in the care of Captain Sham,
他是个正直的好人
a kind and honorable man.”
这是他的计划 他逼她写下这封遗书
That was his plan. He made her write this note,
然后把她推出窗外
and then he pushed her out the window.
《密♥码♥学与你》《暗号♥与密♥码♥》
《大战期间的密♥码♥破译者》
不 这不是一封遗书 是密信
No. It’s not a suicide note. It’s a message.
这里不应该是Ike而是Ice 字母C
It’s not supposed to be ”Ike,” it’s supposed to be ”ice.” C.
“难以承受”少了个U
And ”unbearable” with a U.
是柯德岩洞
一直到柯德岩洞 在那边
All the way over to Curdled Cave, way over there.
她没死 她藏起来了
She’s not dead. She’s hiding.
柯德岩洞
Curdled Cave?
阳阳
Sunny!
他在调查火灾
He was investigating fires.
克劳斯 我们得走了
Klaus, we gotta go.
离冰箱远点
Come away from the fridge.
什么
What?
如果它倒下来会把你压扁的
If it falls, it could crush you flat.
不会吧
No way.
结束了吗
Is it over?
维奥莱特 你最好把头发扎起来
Violet, you better tie your hair up.
维奥莱特 想到办法吗
Violet, ideas?
给我那个灭火器
Bring me that fire extinguisher.
为什么
Why?
因为我们需要把锚移到那里
Because we need to move this anchor over there.
-什么 -快来帮我
– What? – Just help me.
数到三 我们要弄断那根梁
On three, we’re gonna break that beam.
-弄断它 -对
– Break it? – Yes.
-可那是唯一支撑我们的东西 -没错
– That’s the only thing keeping us up. – Exactly.
你确定把头发扎紧了吗
Are you sure you tied your hair tight enough?
数到三
On three.
一
One.
二
Two.
三
Three.
别急
Wait.
稳住
Wait.
稳住 抓紧 阳阳
Wait. Hold on, Sunny.
现在跳
Now!
现在怎么办
What do we do now?
她还活着 我们必须去找有关部门
She’s alive. We have to go to the authorities.
-不行 -什么
– No. – What?
他们不会听的 他们从来都不听
They won’t listen. They never listen.
维奥莱特
Violet!
是奥拉夫 他是不会罢手的
It’s Olaf. He’ll never stop.
我们必须自己找到她
We have to find her ourselves.
孩子们
Hey, you kids.
我是贾船长 你们的新监护人
It’s Captain Sham, your new guardian.
留在原地 我们过去接你们
You just stay where you’re at, and we’ll come where you’re to.
读过航海方面的书吗
Ever read any books on sailing?
克劳斯读过十五本航海方面的书
Klaus had read exactly 15
还读了两本气象学的书
books on sailing and two books on meteorology.
不过理论是一回事
But it is one thing to do something in theory,
实践却是另一回事
another to do it in practice.
要横渡狂怒的湖面到达柯德岩洞
Little could have prepared them for the crossing to Curdled Cave
他们并没有十足的准备
at the hands of an angry and ill-humored lake.
不过等到风暴过去 湖面逐渐平静下来
But as the storm passed and the waters calmed,
波德莱尔家的孩子们
the Baudelaires couldn’t
忍♥不住感到一丝成就感
help but feel a small sense of accomplishment.
这是他们悲惨生活中少见的闪亮时刻
A rare moment of joy in their otherwise woeful lives.
待售
他们成功了
They had made it.
如果监护人不能拯救他们
And if their guardian could not rescue them,
那他们就来拯救监护人
then they would rescue their guardian.
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine?
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine?
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine?
你在吗
Are you in here?
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine!
孩子们
Oh, children.
你们成功了 你们解开了我留下的线索
You did it! You deciphered the clues in my note.
你没事真是太好了
We’re so glad you’re okay.
那太可怕了
It was so horrible.
奥拉夫伯爵逼我写下那封遗嘱
Count Olaf forced me to write that will,
我还不得不加进那些可怕的语法错误
and then it nearly killed
这简直让我生不如死
me to add in all those grammatical errors.
你们带吃的了吗
So did you bring groceries?
吃的 我们刚刚经历了一场风暴
Groceries? We just came through a storm.
那又怎么样 不带吃的来
Well, so? How do you expect us to live in this cave
你觉得我们要怎么在岩洞里生活
if you didn’t bring any food?
在岩洞里生活
Live in the cave?
不不不 约瑟芬婶婶 你得跟我们回去
No, no, no. Aunt Josephine, you have to come back with us.
你在遗嘱中把我们交给贾船长
You willed us to Captain Sham.
要证明那是份假遗嘱 你是唯一的证明
You’re the only proof we have it’s a lie.
不不不 不行
No, no, no, no. No, no,
孩子们 那太危险了 我很抱歉
it’s much too dangerous, children. I’m very sorry.
太危险了 你是我们的监护人啊
Too dangerous? You’re our guardian.
你应该要保护我们
You’re supposed to take care of us.
我不准备再谈这个了
I’m not gonna talk about it anymore.
约瑟芬婶婶 柯德岩洞就要被卖♥♥了
You know, Aunt Josephine, Curdled Cave is for sale.
所以呢
So?
所以过不了多久 就会有人来这了
So before too long, people are gonna come to look at it.
还会有地♥产♥商
And some of those people will be realtors.
约瑟芬婶婶
Aunt Josephine,
这是什么意思
what does this mean?
你从哪里找到的
Where did you find that?
我在艾克房♥间里找到的
I found it in lke’s room.
有关火灾的
The fires.
他为什么要研究火灾呢
Why was he investigating fires?
我们都在研究 蒙蒂叔叔 艾克 还有
We all were. Uncle Monty, lke and. . .
我们的父母
Our parents.
他们是我们的领导者
They were our leaders.