when dinosaurs ruled the earth.
把伯德莱尔孤儿们带到听证桌前
Baudelaire orphans to the courtesy desk.
把伯德莱尔孤儿们带到听证桌前
Baudelaire orphans to the courtesy desk.
你们想干嘛
What do you want?
晚餐准备好了
Dinner is served.
荡♥妇♥酱意面
Puttanesca.
你们叫我什么
What did you call me?
是这菜的名字 荡♥妇♥意面
It’s pasta. Pasta puttanesca.
烤牛肉呢
Where’s the roast beef?
烤牛肉
Roast beef?
是啊 烤牛肉
Beef. Yes. Roast beef.
在瑞典语里 就是把牛肉烤熟了
It’s the Swedish term for beef that is roasted.
但是你没告诉我们你要吃烤牛肉
But you didn’t tell us you wanted roast beef.
你们知道吗
You know, there’s a big
这世界上有多少不幸的孤儿
world out there filled with desperate orphans
愿意上刀山下火海 千里迢迢 慕名而来
who would gladly swim across an ocean of thumbtacks
为的只是瞻仰一下
just to be eclipsed by the
获得无数成就的我这位伟人的背影
long shadow that is cast by my accomplishments.
但是我不在乎他们
But I don’t care about them.
我选择对你们敞开胸怀
I chose to open my heart
你们两个可爱的小孩
to you two loverly children
以及这个难看的小猴子
and your hideous primate.
我所求的回报 不过只是
All I ask in return is that you
让你们完成我脑中想到的每一件事情
do each and every thing that pops into my head
同时我又能安享你们父母留下的大笔遗产
while I enjoy the enormous fortune your parents left behind.
-不可能 -为什么 你这个…
– No. – Why, you litt–
是时候给你们立规矩了
It’s time you children learned a little respect.
你把她放下
You put her down!
你这个畜生
You monster!
你们都看见了 是这孩子滑倒了
You all saw it. The boy slipped.
维奥莱特满18岁前 你一分钱都得不到
You won’t get a cent until Violet turns 18.
是吗
Oh, really?
谁规定的
Says who?
这是法律 去查查吧
The law. Look it up.
我们这就给波尔先生打电♥话♥
We’re going to call Mr. Poe about this right now.
是吗
Are you?
我对你们非常失望
I’m very disappointed in you, children.
刚才说到哪儿了
Where were we?
你还好吧
Are you okay?
不好
No.
克劳斯 你这是干什么
Klaus, what are you doing?
-我要离开这里 -去哪里
– I’m going. – Going where?
回家
Home.
现在这里就是我们家
This is our home now.
这不是家
This is not home.
在家里 晚上父母会抱你上♥床♥
Home is where your parents put you to bed at night.
在家里 他们会教你骑自行车
Where they teach you to ride a bike.
他们会为你第一天上学提心吊胆
Or where they get all choked up on your first day of school.
这里不是我家
This is not home.
他们怎么能这样对我们
How could they do this to us?
那些都不是好人
They’re just bad people.
我没说他们 我是说爸爸和妈妈
Not them. Mom and Dad.
-克劳斯 -怎么
– Klaus! – What?
维奥莱特 你不也这么想吗 他们怎么能这样
Violet, you’re thinking it too. How could they?
不为我们安排一下就走了
They had no plan for us at all?
或许他们有安排
Well, maybe they did have a plan.
这像是有安排好的吗
Well, sure looks like it to me.
你还记得他们去欧洲那次吗
Do you remember when Mom and Dad went to Europe?
我们当时认为被遗弃了
And we thought they’d
因为他们连信都不写一封
abandoned us because they didn’t even write.
之后才知道 原来他们写过一封很长的信
Then we found out they’d written a long letter.
只是邮寄时弄丢了
It had just gotten lost in the mail.
你还记得我们为那样怀疑他们
Do you remember how guilty
感到多么羞愧吗
we felt for thinking bad thoughts about them?
这次也一样
This is just like that.
不 不一样
No, it’s not.
为什么
Why?
因为他们去的不是欧洲 他们再也回不来了
Because they’re not in Europe. They’re not coming back.
你觉得我们还能找到家的感觉吗
Do you think anything will ever feel like home again?
“避难所”
“Sanctuary”
这个词的意思是
is a word which here means,”a small,
烦杂世界中安全的一隅
safe place in a troubling world.”
就好似沙漠中的绿洲 汪♥洋♥上的小岛
Like an oasis in a vast desert or an island in a stormy sea.
波德莱尔家的孩子们
The Baudelaires enjoyed their
在他们建造的避难所中安然度过了一个晚上
evening in the sanctuary they’d built together.
我看见了
I see it. I see it.
但他们心中有数
But in their hearts they
烦杂的世界就在外面
knew that the troubling world lay just outside.
这世界 非常遗憾地
A world which, I’m sad to say,
用个凄凉的短语来形容
can be described in two dismal words.
批准监护
Custody granted.
谢谢你 法官大人 很高兴与你合作
Thank you, Your Honor. Nice doing business with you.
孩子们 我好好考虑过咱们这情况了
Children, I’ve been contemplating our situation,
我自觉是有些冷淡 怎么说呢
and I realize that I’ve been a bit standoffish, shall we say.
在这里 这个词的意思是
Which in this case is a big, big word meaning–
邪恶绝顶
Pure evil.
话粗 理不粗
–tough, but fair.
如今我们算是一家人了 我要补偿你们
But now that we’re family, I can make it up to you.
我也能成为绝世好老爸
I can be the ultimate dad.
我们停车买♥♥点吃的吧
I know. Let’s stop for a treat.
汽水 汽水 香蕉
Soda. Soda. Banana.
懂了
Got it.
维奥莱特 他上锁干什么
Violet, where’d the locks go?
《教你学继承法》
你好 我正带着亲爱的孩子们
Hello. I’m going on a perfectly innocent ride in the country
在乡间小道上兜风
with my kids, whom I love.
这个钟准吗
Is that clock correct?
这是什么
What is it?
看着像是时间表
I think it’s a schedule.
猕猴桃西瓜味 我的最爱
Kiwi Watermelon Surprise. My favorite.
快走
Go!
-他把钥匙拿走了 -试试其他按钮
– He took the keys. – Try everything.
奥拉夫伯爵吗 我是波尔
Count Olaf? Hello. Poe.
我是来回答你那些关于遗产继承的问题的
I’m calling you back about that inheritance question you raised.
-波尔先生 谢天谢地 -你是谁
– Mr. Poe, thank goodness. – Who is this?
我是维奥莱特·波德莱尔 我们在奥拉夫伯爵的车里
It’s Violet Baudelaire. We’re in Count Olaf’s car.
你好 维奥莱特 奥拉夫伯爵人呢
Oh, hello, Violet. Well, where’s Count Olaf?
他不在这儿
He’s not here right now, but–
你们竟敢自己开车
You’re driving the car alone?
不是的 车子在铁轨上
No. We’re– The car’s on the train tracks,
火车就快来了
and the train is coming.
抱歉 我听不见
I’m sorry, Violet, I can’t hear a thing.
我旁边有辆火车
I’m driving next to a train!
我们要被火车撞了
We’re going to be hit by a train.
是的 我听不见 旁边有火车
Right. Yes. I can’t hear because of the train!
我到了银行再给你打电♥话♥ 再见
I’ll call you back when I get to the bank! Goodbye!
克劳斯 你读过关于火车的书 我们该怎么办
Klaus, you’ve read books on trains. What do we do?
扳道机
The track switcher.
在那里
There!
太远了
It’s too far away.
一定能用什么东西来拉
No. There has to be something we can use to pull it.
-这里什么都没有 -总会有办法的
– There’s nothing in here. – There’s always something.
阳阳 把精灵的头咬下来
Sunny, bite the head off that elf.
快点 拉回来
Quick, pull it back in.
-维奥莱特 -看我的
– Violet. – I got it.
不是我要催你
I don’t mean to rush you.
-扔得好 -谢谢 拉
– Nice shot. – Thank you. Pull.
波尔先生 亲爱的波尔先生
Mr. Poe. Dear Mr. Poe.
这事儿咱就不能再商量下
Can’t we discuss this like reasonable men?
很抱歉 奥拉夫伯爵
I’m sorry, Count Olaf.
你允许阳阳这么小的孩子开车
Allowing a child of Sunny’s age to drive a car