. . .Something, something, something.
音乐渐强到高♥潮♥ 重音停在右脚上
Music builds to a crescendo ending on the right foot
最后拗个造型
And strike a Fosse.
虽然和我想的有出入 但就这个概念
Not exactly what I was going for, but you get the idea.
我亲爱的
My dear. . .
维奥莱特
. . .Violet.
荣幸万分
Enchant?
你好
How do you do?
这位一定是克劳斯
And this must be Klaus.
年轻的克劳斯
Young Klaus.
你左脸比较好看
Your left side is the good one.
接下来
And. . .
这位是
. . .What is this?
对不起 本人不说猴语
I’m sorry, I don’t speak monkey.
香蕉
Banana.
阳阳是我们的小妹妹
Sunny’s our sister.
不得不说 你们真像是郁闷三人组 为什么不开心呢
I must say, you’re a gloomy-looking bunch. Why so glum?
我们刚失去双亲
Our parents just died.
是啊 非常 非常可怕
Oh, yes, of course. How very, very awful.
等等 我们重来一遍
Wait, let me do that one more time.
在把台词说一遍 赶快 趁我还没忘记
Give me the line again. Quickly, while it’s fresh in my mind.
我们刚失去
Our parents just. . .
双亲
. . .Died?
是的
Oh, yes.
波尔先生
Mr. Poe. . .
我会抚养这几个孤儿
. . .I will raise these orphans
就像我是真心实意要抚养一样
as if they were actually wanted.
你称他们为负担 一种牺牲
And though you would call it a burden, a sacrifice,
你错了先生
you are mistaken, sir.
你该为你自己感到羞愧
And should be ashamed of yourself.
竟然有这种想法
The idea.
总之 在哪儿签字我能得到遗产 我是说
Anyway, where do I sign for the fortu–? I mean. . .
遗孤
. . .Children.
要等到周四早晨的听证会之后
You won’t officially have
你才能获得正式抚养权
guardianship until the hearing on Thursday morning.
在那之前我该把他们扔哪儿
And what am I to do with them until then?
你说什么
Excuse me?
我的意思是
What I mean is. . .
你健身吗 你样子看上去很好 很健康
Do you work out? You look good. Healthy, I mean.
我得回银行去了
Well, I’d better get back to the bank.
不留下了喝两杯吗
Can’t you stay for a brief imbibement?
喝杯波特酒 或者咖啡什么的
A glass of Port? Sanka?
-这样的话 我看 -那就下次吧
– Well, I suppose I could– – Another time, then.
孩子们 如果你们有什么需要
Children, if you need anything, do feel free–
不用了 我们很好
Oh, no, we’re fine. We’re all fine.
要是有什么问题
Any questions be–
我知道在下的寒舍
I realize that my humble abode
没有你们家的豪♥宅♥那么阔气
isn’t as fancy as the Baudelaire mansion,
不过很快我就有大笔财产进账
but I’m coming into a great deal of money soon,
我想 等到竣工之日
and I think it’ll be
应该也会华丽非常
quite charming when it’s finished.
我们参观一下吧
Shall we take a look?
这里是客厅
This is the living room.
厨房♥ 我知道你们在想什么
The kitchen. I know what you’re thinking:
TLC[Tender Loving Care]:温暖的关怀
这地方真该好好整理下
“This place could use a little TLC.”
你们应该打过破伤风疫苗了
I trust you’ve had your tetanus shots.
小儿麻痹症 天花 肝炎 疟疾疫苗
Polio. Smallpox. Typhoid. Malaria.
这里是娱乐室 也叫做游艺室
This is the entertainment or rumpus room.
听说这天花板修起来很容易
I’m told the ceiling can be brought up to code in no time.
你们没有恐高症吧
You’re not afraid of heights, are you?
想想也是 猴子怎么会怕高呢
Imagine that. A monkey afraid of heights.
我的剧院
My theater.
这边请
This way.
楼上是什么地方
What’s that up there?
塔楼
The tower. . .
严禁闯入
. . .Which you are never to enter. . .
违者重罚
. . .Under any circumstances.
这就是你们的卧室 时候不早了 晚安
And this is where you’ll sleep, time permitting. Nighty-night.
-但天还亮着呢 -天还亮着呢
– But the sun’s still up. – ”But the sun’s still up.”
不知道你们是否注意过这点
I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this,
第一印象往往是错误的
but first impressions are often entirely wrong.
比如说 阳阳出生后克劳斯根本不喜欢她
For instance, Klaus, when Sunny was born, didn’t like her at all.
但是当她长到六个月时
But by the time she was six weeks old,
他们两个要好得如胶似漆
the two of them were thick as thieves.
这个短语在这里的意思是
A phrase which here means,
可以连续几个小时玩”捡棒槌”游戏
”fetching and biting for hours on end. ”
然而 他们对于奥拉夫伯爵的第一印象…
In the case of Count Olaf, however. . .
孤儿们
Orphans!
却是正确的
. . . They were correct.
每天早上 奥拉夫会命令孩子们
Every morning, Count Olaf would order the Baudelaires
干一大堆繁重的杂物活
to do a great number of terrible chores.
之后他便到神秘塔楼呆着去了
After which he would stalk off to his mysterious tower room.
家务清单
正如他们不幸的遭遇所预示的
And as unfortunate as their situation seemed,
更糟的还在后面
it was only about to get worse.
一浴缸的冰块
–tub full of ice in Baja,
我意识到这群聪明的姑娘偷走了我的肾脏
and I realized that these clever girls had stolen my kidney.
不会吧
No!
想象下我有多么吃惊
Imagine my surprise.
孤儿们 这是我的演出团
Orphans, this is my acting troupe.
演出团 他们是孤儿
Acting troupe, orphans.
他们看着不像有钱人
They don’t look rich.
一副穷酸样
Ugly little people.
孩子们 你们怎么不去厨房♥准备晚饭
Why aren’t you children in the kitchen preparing our dinner?
晚饭
Dinner?
法语中是指晚上吃的饭
It’s the French word for the evening meal.
写在背后 翻过来
On the back. Flip it.
家务清单第172项:为我和演出团准备美味的晚餐
八点我们在餐厅用饭
We’ll take it in the dining room at 8:00.
我们排练剧目的时候
And we’ll expect absolute
你们别发出任何声响
silence while we’re rehearsing our play.
-我们从没做过晚饭 -而且已经七点半了
– But we’ve never made dinner before. – It’s already 7:30.
八点见
Eight o’clock!
就吃通心粉吧[意面的一种]
Pasta it is.
好了 我们开始分配角色
Okay. Let’s start casting this puppy.
现在
Now,
谁来饰演
who shall play
世界上最帅的伯爵呢
the most handsome count in all the world?
先生 要不您来演吧
Would you do it, sir?
好吧
Oh, all right.
荡♥妇♥酱汁:由橄榄、刺山柑、鱼、番茄制成
荡♥妇♥酱意大利面
“Pasta puttanesca.”
那可是用料最少的意面啊
That’s Italian for”very few ingredients”, you know.
很好啊
That’s great.
阳阳 帮忙咬开
Sunny. Little help.
-得找个锅 -没有
– Okay, we’re gonna need a pot. – No pot.
-过滤器 -也没有
– And a strainer. – No strainer.
谢谢
Thank you.
长柄锅呢
And a saucepan.
我称这一段为”上电椅”
This is a little piece I like to call ”Electric Chair.”
你们谁把开关打开
I think you might have to turn it up.
有人在吗
Is anybody out there?!
这就是过滤器了 我真有才
Strainer. That’s brilliant.
阳阳 锅找到没
Sunny, how’s that pot coming?
那不是锅 是痰盂
Sunny, that’s not a pot. It’s a spittoon.
痰盂 那么脏
A spittoon? You mean, like. . .?
我们把它洗两遍
We’ll wash it twice.
如何
Well?
很好 非常好
It’s good. It’s really good.
几点了
Time check.
让我们回到史前时代
Let’s go back to prehistoric times,
那时候恐龙还是地球的霸主