谁在乎布鲁克?
Who cares about Brooke?
想想你自己
Think about yourself.
我答应过她 沃纳 – 那又怎样?
I gave her my word, Warner. – So what?
死者的前妻不介意会谈
The ex-wife seems to be unconcerned with the fact that her interview is today.
她在温泉度♥假♥区♥ – 温泉?
She’s at a spa in the Berkshires. – A spa.
那不是你的母船吗?
Isn’t that kind of like your mothership?
你想的话 我可以去
I could go if you want me to.
埃米特?
Emmett.
嗯?
Yeah?
和她去 – 好的
Go with her. – Okay.
我看她不值得信任 – 为什么?
She seems completely untrustworthy to me. – Why?
她以告诉女人 她们有多胖
I mean, this is a person who’s made her living
来谋生
by telling women they’re too fat.
布鲁克不会这样对女人说
Brooke would never tell a woman that she was too fat.
我认为她有事隐瞒
And she seems to me like she’s hiding something.
也许不是你所想那样 – 也许是的
Then maybe it’s not what you think. – Maybe it’s exactly what I think.
你真的是个笨蛋
You know, you’re really being a butthead.
笨蛋?你为何这么叫我?
A butthead? Why would you call me that?
你知道 埃米特
You know, Emmett,
你该对人更有信心
you just need to have a little more faith in people.
你可能会惊讶
You might be surprised.
我不能相信你会称我为笨头笨脑
I can’t believe you just called me a butthead.
自九年级起没人叫我笨蛋
I mean, no ones’ called me a butthead since about the ninth grade.
也许没当着你说
Maybe not to your face.
原来温泉是这样的
So this is what a spa looks like, wow.
怎么找到她呢?
How do we find her?
我打电♥话♥问过
I called ahead.
她在温室
She’s in the mud room.
她不是赤♥裸♥的吧?
She’s not naked, is she?
温德姆·范德马太太?
Mrs. Windham Vandermark?
你找到我了
So, you found me.
嗯
Yes.
我们是奥顿 帕特 杰里 与卡拉汉律师事务所
We’re from Austen, Platt, Jaret & Callahan
有几个问题要问你
and we’re here to ask you a few questions.
听说那加州荡♥妇♥杀了 可怜的海沃恩
So, I hear that that little tart from California shot poor Heyworth.
我们正设法证明没这回事
Well, that’s what we’re trying to prove didn’t happen, actually.
你何以认为有这回事?
Do you have any reason to believe that it did?
我没见过那女子
Well, I’ve never actually met the woman.
但女儿告诉我她是个婊♥子♥
But my daughter tells me she can be quite the little bitch.
令千金有形容
Now, did your daughter ever mention anything to you
布鲁克和海沃恩的关系吗?
about the relationship between Brooke and Heyworth?
她说他们经常做♥爱♥
Well, she did say that they humped like gorillas.
我猜这对布鲁克是不够的
I guess it wasn’t enough, though, for Brooke.
何以这么说?
Uh, why do you say that?
你没看见那泳池工人吗?
haven’t you seen the cabana boy?
她扯谎 – 你知道这是真的?
She’s lying. – And you know this for a fact?
你有看见她那难看的棕发吗?
Did you see the icky brown color of her hair?
那又怎样 你歧视棕发的女子?
So? Now you discriminate against brunettes?
为什么不可以 我因金发而遭歧视
Why shouldn’t I? I’m discriminated against as a blonde.
金发女郎其实是蛮有强势的
You know, being a blonde is actually a pretty powerful thing.
你比你想象中的有更多的力量
You hold more cards than you think you do.
我想看见你运用那力量
I personally would like to see you take that power
做一些更好的事情
and channel it towards the greater good, you know?
谢谢 明天见 – 好的
Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow. – All right.
嗨
Hey.
嗯?
Yeah?
你认为我金发的样子怎样?
How do you think I’d look as a blond, you know?
我想你不能应付
Hmm, I’m not sure you could handle it.
拜 – 拜
Bye. – Bye.
我昨夜打电♥话♥到你房♥间 – 我有听说
So I called your room last night. – I heard.
我以为我们可以约会
I was thinking maybe we could go out sometime.
不 你是个呆子
No, you’re a dork.
我念法学院
I’m in law school.
我不会和你外出
Look, I’m not gonna go out with you.
没想到你敢问我
I can’t believe you’d even ask.
我这样的女孩不会跟你 这样的失败者来往
Girls like me don’t go out with losers like you.
我们走
Let’s get out of here.
对不起
Excuse me.
你干嘛不给我电♥话♥ – 什么?
Why didn’t you call me? – What?
我们过了美妙的一晚 你没来电♥话♥
We spent a beautiful night together, and I never hear from you again?
我… 对不起?
I, I’m sorry?
因为你令我心碎
Sorry for what? For breaking my heart?
因为你给我前所未有 最大的欢乐
Or for giving me the greatest pleasure I’ve ever known
之后再拿走了
and then just taking it away?
啊?
Uh.
两者都是?
Both?
算了 我不会再为你而哭
Well, forget it. I’ve already spent too many hours crying over you.
那么你想何时外出?
So when did you wanna go out?
进来
Come in.
你看完供词没有?
Are you done with that deposition yet?
拿去吧 我看过二十遍了
Oh, yeah, here, take it. I’ve read it, like, 20 times.
好
Okay.
你知道吗?艾尔 我仍无法相信你没说出
You know, Elle, I still can’t believe
不在场证据
you didn’t tell Callahan the alibi.
不该由我说
It’s not my alibi to tell.
我知道
I know.
我认为你很有… 气质
And I thought that was very classy of you.
是吗?- 是的
Really? – Sure.
谢谢
Thanks.
你可有留意为何卡拉汉 没要沃纳端咖啡
Did you ever notice how Callahan never asks Warner to bring him his coffee?
他要我端了不下十次
I mean, he’s asked me at least ten times.
男人是不能自立的
Well, men are helpless, you know that.
我懂
I know.
沃纳连自己的衣服也不洗
Warner doesn’t do his own laundry.
我懂
I know.
他拿到外面洗 – 我知道
He has to have it sent out. – I know.
你可知道他第一次申请时 被放到候选名单里?
Did you know, when he first applied he got wait-listed?
什么?
What?
他父亲要打电♥话♥帮助
His father had to make a call.
不会吧?
You’re kidding.
嗯
Mm-mm!
不会的
No way!
天啊
Oh, God.
这狗很可爱 你好
That is such a precious dog, hi.
它是布塞尔 要抱它吗?
His name is Bruiser. Do you wanna hold him?
哦
Oh.
它很友善 – 是啊
He’s very friendly. – Sure.
哦
Oh.
嗷
Aw.
它喜欢你
Look, he likes you.
它吻我
Oh, he’s giving me kisses.
谢谢 杰夫
Thanks, Jeff.
我们到来报导 布鲁克温德姆的审讯案
We’re here today covering the trial of Brooke Windham.
她被控谋杀丈夫
Now you may remember, she’s charged with the murder of her husband,
波士顿的百万富翁 海沃·恩温德姆
Boston millionaire Heyworth Windham.
作供的是死者的女儿及前妻
First to testify are the victim’s daughter and ex-wife.
萨福克县高等法♥院♥正在开庭
Superior Court of Suffolk County is now in session.
有名的法官 玛利娜·比克福德主持
The Honorable Judge Marina R. Bickford presiding.
坐下
You may be seated.
当时她在哪?
And where was she exactly?
站在我父亲死尸旁
Standing over my father’s dead body.
被告在做什么?
And what was the defendant doing?
坐在泳池旁 上身赤♥裸♥
Well, she was sitting next to the pool, topless
那个拉丁男孩 给了她一杯饮料
while the Latin boy handed her a drink.
嗯
Hm.
萨尔瓦多先生 可否告诉我们这是什么?
Mr. Salvatore, can you tell us what this is?
我的制♥服♥
My uniform.
温德姆太太要你…
This is the uniform that Mrs. Windham
清洗泳池时穿上这制♥服♥?
asked you to wear while cleaning her pool?
是的
Yes.