现在你又变了
you were just dicking around?
不 艾尔我爱你
Elle, I, I do love you, I, uh.
只是不能娶你
I just can’t marry you.
我有很多压力
You have no idea the pressure that I am under.
我家五代是参议员
My family has five generations of senators.
我哥哥是耶鲁法学院 前三名高材生
My brother’s in the top three at Yale Law,
他刚跟一个 范德比尔特家族的人订婚了
and he just got engaged to a Vanderbilt, for Christ’s sake!
沙拉馊了
Bad salad.
亲爱的 宝宝熊?
Sweetie, Pooh Bear?
我是逼于无奈的
It’s not like I have a choice here, sweetheart.
你去拿车吧
Okay, you get the car.
我会结♥帐♥
I’ll get the check.
我不吃 我不会这样算的
I won’t be having salad.
来 我送你回家
Come on, let me take you home.
不
No.
艾尔, 相信我 这是事非得已
Elle, believe me, I never expected to do this.
但我认为是对的
But I think it’s the right thing.
我们不在一起
How can it be the right thing
又怎会是对的?
when we’re not together?
我得考虑未来的前途
Well, I have to think of my future
以及我家人的期望
and what my family expects of me.
你甩掉我是因为
So you’re breaking up with me
因为你怕你的家人不会接受我?
because you’re afraid your family won’t like me?
所有人都喜欢我
Everybody likes me.
东岸的人是不同的
Well, East Coast people are different.
我不是名门望族
What, just because I’m not a Vanderbilt,
就是垃圾吗?
suddenly I’m white trash?
我自小就与电视监制之王为邻
I grew up in Bel Air, Warner,
从这里穿过大街
across the street from Aaron Spelling.
很多人都认为这是
I think most people would agree
比讨厌的范德比尔特家族更好
that’s a lot better than some stinky old Vanderbilt.
告诉你 我需要的是认真的人
I told you, I need someone serious.
但我是认真爱你的
Well, I’m seriously in love with you.
说够了吗?
Isn’t that enough?
宝宝熊 上车吧
Pooh Bear, just get in the car.
不
No.
不然鞋子会报销
You’re gonna ruin your shoes.
嗯 好
Mm, okay.
早安 埃米
Morning, Amy.
艾尔, 艾米来了
Elle, it’s Amy.
我用唇线笔有点麻烦
I’m having trouble with this whole lip-liner thing.
亲爱的 你不知道吗?
Sweetie, didn’t you hear?
知道什么?
Hear what?
很可怕 他甩了她
Oh, it’s terrible, dumped her.
为什么是我
Why me?
因为今晚之后
Because you’re not gonna remember
你就什么都记不起
anything after tonight.
你错了
Oh, you’re wrong.
不管怎样 我会记得
I will remember, no matter what.
我也永不会再失去你
And I’m never gonna lose you again.
你不会的
You couldn’t.
你是我的一部分
You’re a part of me.
我爱你
I love you.
骗人
Liar!
亲爱的 你要离开房♥间
Honey, you have to leave this room.
已一个星期了
It’s been, like, a week.
那又怎样?
So?
把这个喝掉
Drink this.
有什么事情
What’s the one thing that always
能让我好过点的?
makes us feel better, no matter what?
她吃了八客烤干酪三明治
She had eight grilled-cheese sandwiches.
全部一起往嘴里塞
She just stuffed ’em in her mouth, all at once.
太可悲了
It was so sad.
我们以为她是第一个结婚的
We all thought she’d be the first to walk down the aisle,
现在她没着落了
and now she’s totally adrift.
没错
Totally.
她一星期没用护发素
She hasn’t conditioned her hair in like a week.
可能她想显得颓废一点
Maybe she’s going for the grunge look.
她的指甲油颜色剥落了
And, like, her nails are full-on chipped.
很低俗
So trailer park.
哇
Oh!
老天
Oh, my God!
你知道这是谁吗?
Do you know who this is?
谁?
No.
那是沃纳的大哥
That’s Warner’s older brother.
哪个?
Who?
耶鲁大学法律系三年级生
Third-year Yale Law student,
帕特南亨廷顿三世
Putnam Bowes Huntington III
和他的未婚妻 比莱恩沃克范德比尔特
and his fiancee, Layne Walker Vanderbilt,
耶鲁法学院一年级生
first year, Yale Law.
沃纳要娶的是她这样的女孩
This is the type of girl Warner wants to marry.
我要变得成她这样才算认真
This is what I need to become to be serious.
怎样?
What?
丑得畸型?
Practically deformed?
不是
No!
一个法律系学生
A law student.
艾尔?
Elle?
法律系?
Law school?
那是令人向往的地方
It’s a perfectly respectable place, Daddy.
乖女儿 你是
Honey, you were first runner-up
夏威夷小姐亚军
at the Miss Hawaiian Tropics contest.
干嘛要放弃?
Why are you gonna throw that all away?
上哈佛大学是唯一的
Going to Harvard is the only way
找回我爱的生活方式
I’m gonna get the love of my life back.
你不用念法学院
Oh, sweetheart, you don’t need law school.
法学院只适合
Law school’s for people
那些沉闷 丑陋 和严肃的人修读
who are boring and ugly and serious.
而你完全不是这样的人
And you, button, are none of those things.
哈佛法学院?
Harvard Law School?
是的
That’s right.
那是三间顶尖大学之一
But that’s a top-three school.
我拿了满分
Oh, I have a 4.0.
对
Yes.
但你是主修时装采购的
But your major is fashion merchandising.
哈佛对你擅长的圆点花纹历史
Harvard won’t be impressed
不会感兴趣的
that you aced History of Polka Dots.
你需要支持吗?
What are your backups?
我才不需要
I don’t need backups.
我要去哈佛
I’m going to Harvard.
那好吧
Well, then.
你需要… 教授的高度推荐
You’ll need excellent recommendations from your professors.
好
Okay.
以及极好的入学论文
And a heck of an admissions essay.
好
Right.
法学院入学公开考试 最少要有175分
And at least a 175 on your LSATs.
我有一次通过了
I once had to judge a tighty-Whitey contest
拉姆丹卡皮的综合能力测试
for Lambda Kappa Pi.
相信我 我什么能应付
Trust me, I can handle anything.
谢谢 – 别客气
Thanks. – Welcome.
因为我有心陈代谢作用
Because I have a metrabolism.
我有极高的心陈代谢作用
I have a really high metrabolism.
是新陈代…
It’s metab, metab, oh.
天啊 你干什么?
Oh, my God, what are you doing?
在读有关LSAT的事
Reading about the LSATs.
我表妹曾有这个病
My cousin had that.
你会长满红疹
Apparently you get a really bad rash on your, hm-mm.
哦
Oh.
那是个考试
The LSATs are an exam.
我会去哈佛
Girls, I’m going to Harvard.
去度假吗?- 我们都去
You mean, like, on vacay? – Let’s all go!