与斯丹·马克斯主席 四周后就会面的机会
Chairman Stan Marks, in just four short weeks.
恭喜你 葛蕾丝 – 谢谢
Congratulations, Grace. – Yes!
好的 谁来打赌伍兹小姐离开的时间
Oh, yes. OK, who wants to bet over-under on Ms. Woods departure?
现在赌六天 莉娜?
Right now it’s at six days. Reena?
不了 谢谢
No, thanks.
别呀 谁来?
Oh, Come on. Anybody?
谁想超过六天?- 我来 葛蕾丝
Who wants to take over six days? – I’ll take it, Grace.
我一直很忙 抱歉来晚了
I’ve been so busy. I’m sorry I’m late.
莉娜 你能告诉我
Reena, could you be a pal
明天开始的一周我♥干♥什么吗?
and just tell me… what I’m doing a week from tomorrow?
随便说一句 那套衣服你穿着棒极了
And by the way, that outfit looks fantastic on you.
真让你眼中生辉
It really brings out the color in your eyes.
谢谢
Thanks.
这是我的 “我刹车买♥♥样品” 书签中的话
It’s on my “I brake for sample sales” bookmark.
九点 试尝结婚蛋糕糖霜
9:00: sample custom color wedding cake frosting.
十点 彩排听证演讲 十一点 委员会听证开始
10:00: rehearse hearing speech. 11:00: Commerce committee hearing.
十二点 脱皮治疗…
12:00: exfoliating treatment.
回到十一点 是什么?
Yeah, you can go back to that one at 11 :00. What was that?
十一点 委员会听证开始
11:00: Commerce committee hearing.
就是这样说的
That’s what it says.
我要出现在莉比·豪瑟
I’m going to be appearing before ranking member Libby Hauser,
斯丹弗·马克斯以及整个委员会面前
Chairman Stanford Marks and the entire Committee of En and Comm.
离发言表决只有一步 一蹦 一跳
Just a hop, skip, and a jump away from a floor vote.
干得不错 可是听证前你得有提案
Nice try, but you have to get a bill before you have a hearing.
就像这个?
Like this one?
就像我喝着焦糖咖啡
It’s like I was saying to the congresswoman
对女议员说过的那样
the other day over caramel macchiatos.
“写提案最有意思 是吧?”
“Is bill writing super fun or what?”
我这样认为
I think so.
艾尔·伍兹在哪儿?
Where is that Elle Woods?
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
莉比刚刚告诉了我
Libby just told me the news.
是吗?- 千万别低估了
Oh, she did? – Never underestimate a woman
有法式指甲和哈佛法学位的女人
with a French manicure and a Harvard law degree.
谢谢 你真好
Thank you, Victoria. That’s very sweet of you.
可没有你的鼓励 我是不会成功的
But I couldn’t have done it without your inspiration.
我很荣幸 – 我说过吧 这个姑娘很特别
Oh, I’m honored. – What did I tell you? This girl is special.
实际上 不是我一个人的功劳
Actually, I didn’t do it alone.
整个小组都在帮我 这是集体努力的成果
The entire team helped me. It was really a group effort.
干得好 诸位 真的很好
Good work, guys. Really good work.
你 – 谢谢
You. – Thanks.
谢谢你 莉娜 你真好心
Thank you, Reena. You’re a sweetheart.
我想我们议案箱见
And I guess I will see you at the hopper.
不要问你最好的朋友 能为男人做什么
Ask not what your best friend can do for man…
问你可以为男人最好的朋友做什么
but what you can do for man’s best friend.
委员会现在将开始议事
The Committee on Energy and Commerce will now come to order.
2562号♥听证 也叫布鲁赛提案
HR 2562, aka Bruiser’s Bill
提案人 维多莉·露德议员
Representative Victoria Rudd, sponsor…
提议禁止化妆业用动物做实验
proposing a ban on animal testing in the cosmetics industry.
我欢迎你们大家
I’d like to welcome you all today as we begin
我们要考虑这个重要的问题
consideration of this very important issue.
本周你们将听到来自双方的证词
This week, you will hear testimony from both sides
我要你们敞开耳朵和头脑
and I ask that you keep your ears and your minds open.
这是我第一次参加国会听证会 你信不信?
This is my first congressional hearing. Can you believe it?
我作为市民 也是个科学家
And so I come to you today as a citizen and a scientist
在国家卫生学院工作了25年
with the National Institute of Health for 25 years,
在这期间 非常清楚
during which time, it’s become increasingly clear
这些替代动物实验的方法 根本行不通
that these supposed alternatives to animal testing aren’t alternatives at all.
我想这个办公室 代表我的两条腿的选民
I took this office to represent my two-legged constituents.
最近 我在宠物店里看到了一个商品的标签
Recently, I saw an item in a pet store with the label…
“该产品在人类身上实验过”
“This product is tested on humans.”
这才是个值得讨论的问题
Now that’s a problem worth discussing.
软弱心肠的人要做的 就是转移我们对事实的注意
All the bleeding hearts will try to distract us from the facts…
使用其甜言蜜语 摆动尾巴 鼻子
with their saccharine talk of wagging tails…
还有其它伤感的胡言乱语
cold noses, and other sentimental mumbo jumbo
考虑一下 我们常看到 软心肠常与弱头脑共存
Consider this: where we see softness of heart, we often see softness of mind.
因此在目前这个关头 听证这个提案
And so to move on such a bill at this juncture in time…
将会给全国已经不稳定的经济造成巨大破坏
would wreak havoc on already unstable local economies across the country.
那么 这才是值得讨论的问题
Now, that’s a problem worth discussing
你知道我会全力支持你的 但我得告诉你
You know I’d do anything for you, but I got to tell you now,
可这是个不好对付的地方 你得好好准备一下明天
that is one tough room, you’d better be prepared tomorrow.
好的
All right
对不起 女士们 我得走了 晚安
Excuse me, ladies.I gotta go. Good evening.
好的
Okay.
艾尔
Elle.
我知道你以前在法庭上有过艰难的日子
I know you’ve had a bad day in court before
这个也一样 他们说他们的 我们说我们的
It’s the same thing. They make their case, we make ours.
对 可是那很不好
Yes, but that was bad.
他们为其选民装模作样
They’re mostly posturing for their constituents back home.
我想甚至没有你的证词 我们也能在委员会表决通过
I think we have the votes in committee even without your testimony.
可是他们有科学家 有经济学家 还有事实
But they have scientists and economists and facts and…
我们也有 艾尔 听我说
So do we. Elle, listen to me.
回家 今晚早早休息
Go home. Have an early evening.
对不起
Sorry.
维多莉·露德 是的
Victoria Rudd. Yes.
等一下 好吗?
Hang on one minute, will you?
回家 试着放松
Go home. Try to relax.
别跟他们一样 要做你自己
And don’t think like them. Think like you.
好的 谢谢
OK. Thanks.
晚安 – 晚安
Good night. – Good night.
鲍比 你好吗?
Bob, how are you?
我现在正要离开首都山
I’m leaving the Capitol right now.
谢谢 干得不错
Thanks. Nice work.
席德?
Sid?
对不起 总是这样
Yeah, I’m… I’m sorry about that. This happens all the time.
我一会要去值班了 但是我今天要把这个给你
My break is almost up, but I wanted to get you this before tomorrow.
太好了 我们走走吧
Oh, great. Let’s walk.
席德 这真是太好了 你是怎么知道这些的?
Sidney, this is brilliant. How did you know all this?
上百只狗游♥行♥ 上千个塑胶口袋
Hundreds of dogs walked and thousands of plastic baggies.
这正是我所需要的
This is perfect. This is exactly what I need.
我当然感激你的支持
Well, of course I appreciate your support.
为什么不能继续?
Why wouldn’t it continue?
这个问题我已经有案在先
I’m already on record on that issue.

All right.
我尽量去做吧
I’ll do what I can.
别逼我 鲍比
Don’t push me, Bob.
我尽力而为
I’ll do what I can.
好 晚安
All right. Good night.
听我说 我要停止我的支持
Listen, I need to call in my favor.
我在听
I’m listening.
我改变了我对布鲁赛提案的立场
I’ve changed my position on Bruiser’s Bill.
一个控制政♥治♥机器…
A man who controls a political machine…
哇 他很棒 真得很好
Boy, he’s good. He is really good.
我真高兴我们在观看 这对你很好
I’m really glad we’re watching this. This is good for you.
他保证把我一分为二
He promised to break me in two.
恩麦特 我担心怎么完成婚礼计划
Emmett, I’m starting to worry about getting all this wedding planning done.
艾尔 我要你在华盛顿照我的旨意行事
Elle, I want you to follow my lead in Washington.
一定要让布鲁赛穿汗衫
And always make sure Bruiser wears a sweater.
那是肖恩· 康纳利吗?- 不 不是肖恩· 康纳利
Is that Sean Connery? – No, that’s not Sean Connery?
宝贝儿 别担心婚礼准备
Seriously, honey, don’t worry about the wedding research.
明天给他们个好看
Just give ’em hell tomorrow.
主席现在准许立法助理艾尔·伍兹发言
The chair now recognizes legislative aide Elle Woods.
谢谢 主席先生
Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
她来了
There she is!
各位 她真的成功了
Guys, she really did it.
伍兹小姐?
Miss Woods?
哇 我太惊奇了
Well, I’ll be damned.
克罗特议员
Representative Kroft.
那唇蜜真让你看起来闪闪动人
that lip gloss looks absolutely sensational on you.
对不起 什么?
I’m sorry, what?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!