我需要议案来
which I need to get a hearing
停止动物实验 使布鲁赛的母亲
to stop animal testing in order to reunite Bruiser with his mother
能参加我们的婚礼 我会在婚礼上穿上
in order to have them at my wedding in which I was going to wear
迄今最完美的鞋子
the most perfect wedding shoes ever
就是盒子里的那双
right inside that box.
他们的说明书上从来没有这些
They never covered this in the handbook.
真不错 好
They’re something, all right
你这么认为?
You think?
哦 不好意思
Oh, I’m sorry
艾尔·伍兹
Elle Woods,
麻省女议员露德的立法助手
legislative aide to Congresswoman Rudd, Massachusetts.
席德 席德·珀斯特
Sid. Sid Post.
门卫
Doorman.
那个大门
That, that door.
一整天我都感觉像九月份我还穿着凉鞋
All day I’ve felt like white, open-toed shoes after Labor Day.
我讨厌那种感觉
I hate that feeling.
不管这是什么意思
Whatever that means.
我想我得走了
I better get going.
如果我要通过一个法案就得
If I’m going to pass a law I have to work up
想出计划来向 “能” 什么 “源” 委员会进攻
some sort of plan of attack with the Committee of En and Ron or whatever.
再见 席德
Bye, Sid
委员会
Comm.
你说什么?
What’d you say?
叫做能源和商务委员会
It’s called the Committee of Energy and Commerce.
哦 对 是的
Oh, yeah. Right.
谢谢
Thanks.
这对我很重要 格蕾丝
This is really important to me, Grace.
他们不报销我奶奶的药膏
They wouldn’t cover my nana’s anti itch cream
这意味着只有一只手可以玩宾果
which means she only has one free hand for bingo
如果我能得到听…
If I could get a hearing…
你的提案在哪?
Where’s your bill, Reena?
律师六个周内不能完成草稿
The staff lawyers couldn’t draft it for six weeks,
可是至少你把我列上议程
but if you could talk to the congressman’s aide I could get on the agenda maybe.
我们上期推动了药品处方
We pushed prescription drugs last term.
此外 我有很多亟待解决的问题
Besides, I have a lot of issues that come first.
莉娜
Reena,
如果葛蕾丝很忙
if Grace finds herself otherwise prioritized,
也许你可以亲自跟这个助手谈
maybe you could talk to this aide yourself.
甚至更好 直接去找议员
Or better yet, directly to the congressman.
你没有什么要干的吗?
Don’t you have something to alphabetize?
实际上 既然我想到了这点
In fact, now that I think about it…
莉娜明显对该项目有兴趣
with Reena’s clear passion for the project
谁会比她写更合适呢?
who better to write this bill than Reena?
我?
Me?
我总是说…
It’s like I always say…
为什么让别人做你自己可以做的事呢?
Why let someone else do for you what you can do for yourself?
修理眉毛例外
Except in the case of eyebrow maintenance.
我们总是说遵循条例
We always say follow protocol.
已经用了200年了 知道吗?叫好杯小姐
It’s worked for the past 200 years. OK, Miss Snap Cup?
继续跟律师去干吧 最终会轮到你的
Stick it out with the lawyers. They’ll get to you eventually.
好 这是新议员花名册
This is the new congressmember roster.
给一块钱吧 你不信救助他人吗?
Just a dollar. Don’t you believe in helping a guy out?
我所信的是 一分耕耘一分收获
What I do believe in, sir, is an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.
闲汤没有奖励
Not rewards for idleness.
五毛?- 走吧
50 cents? – Leave me!
两毛五?- 去找别人吧
Just a quarter. – Go bother someone else! Leave me!
这里的人没有普通的礼貌
People here have no common courtesy.
想让你的提案得到听证吗?
Want to get a hearing for your bill?
去找豪瑟议员 她政♥治♥上需要挪动了
Get Congresswoman Hauser. She needs a political makeover.
席德?
Sidney?
谁需要什么?
Who needs a what?
豪瑟 对能委很强硬的红毛女
Hauser. Tough redhead on En and Comm.
如果她肯把她的名字放在温暖柔软的东西上
If she can put her name on something warm and fuzzy
比如像小狗 那一定会成功的
something like puppies, that could do the trick.
真的吗?
Really?
我把那些照片给豪瑟看
What if I showed Hauser the photos…
看他们是怎么对待动物的 会怎么样?
of what they’re doing to these animals?
这对… 有良心的人管用
That’d work with someone with a heart.
豪瑟对事实 数字 和地理分布有反应
Hauser responds to facts, figures, and demographics.
你得做你的功课
You gotta do your homework.
你是怎么学会这些的?
How did you learn all this?
在过去三十年里
I have been stationed on the forefront…
我一直站在主要政♥治♥和社会谣言的前线
of all major political and social scandals for the past 30 years.
你在白宫工作过?
You worked in the White House?
没有 在威灵顿
No, no, at the Wellington
豪瑟之后 你需要马克斯
After Hauser, you’ll need Stanford Marks.
阿♥拉♥巴马共和党的 很顽固
Alabama Republican. A real hard-ass.
席德 豪无疑问
Sidney, you are, without a doubt
你是我在华盛顿遇到的最有用的人
the most useful person I’ve met in Washington.
豪瑟上次选举的结果
Hauser’s margin in the last election?
四个点 52比48
Four points. 52-48
豪瑟的厨子?- 哈尔·特德 34岁 中等 难缠
Hauser’s chief? – Hall Ted. 34, moderate, tough.
马克斯的助手?- 摩菲 保守党 更难缠
Marks’ aide? – Murphy. Conservative, tougher.
我想你准备好了
I think you’re ready.
谢谢你 席德
Thank you, Sid.
当然咯 姐妹
For shizzle, my ezzle.
我借了这个
I borrowed this.
对不起
Excuse me!
考虑到女议员的选票群倾向
Given the historical tendencies of the congresswoman’s voting pool
动物实验是你的论♥坛♥需要的问题
animal testing is the very issue your platform needs
我的地理分布详情…
Which brings me to my demographic breakdown target.
时间到了 材料不错
Which brings us to the end of our time, but good stuff
我让我的同事来处理
I’ll bat it around with my colleagues.
可我的报告还没完呢
But I’m not even done with my presentation.
星期五行吗?- 行
Is Friday good? – Absolutely!
十一月的第二个 从那开始排队
Let make it the second one in November, and the line starts down there.
等等 我十一月不在
But wait! I won’t be here in November.
我要结婚了
I’m getting married.
如果马克斯议员不在
If you insist Congressman Marks is unavailable,
也许你可以看看我这张试验刺♥激♥图
perhaps you could look at my alternative testing economics incentive chart.
是立体图
It’s pop-up.
我周末看看这个业主立法案
All right. I will read this homeowners legislation this weekend.
五分钟后我要去委员会了 莉娜
Five more minutes and I’m due in committee. Reena.
嗯… – 老年人药品处方修正案
Well… – Reena’s prescription drugs for the elderly amendment
在初评时被拒绝了
rejected during mark-up session.
抱歉 奶奶
Sorry, Nana.
我们的动物提案到哪了?
Elle, Where are we with the animals?
还没上议程
Still not on the calendar.
那我们还没着落 葛蕾丝 帮艾尔一下
So we’re nowhere. Grace, help Elle with this.
好了各位 我们开始运作吧 回头见
All right, everyone. Let’s get going. I’ll see you all later.
葛蕾丝 我可以跟豪瑟的助手会面
Grace, I think I can get a meeting with Hauser’s aide.
拜托 你可以见上100次 可是不会有用的
Please. You could have 100 meetings and it still wouldn’t matter.
这是华盛顿政♥治♥ 不是温暖柔物和亲吻亭
This is Washington politics not warm fuzzies and kissing booths.
这需要经验和智慧
It takes savvy and street smarts.
我见过上千个像你这样的
I’ve seen thousands of polite, idealistic girls
理想主义姑娘在这个山上奔波
just like you traipse up and down this Hill
后来空着手 跛着脚回家
and go home empty-handed with blisters on their feet.
谢谢 葛蕾丝
Thank you, Grace.
你实际上让我记起了一件重要的事
You know, you actually reminded me of something really important.
我是来为我的狗呼吁的 我却忘了我自己
I came here to give my dog a voice and I’d forgotten about my own.
你可以用华盛顿的方法去做
So you can do it the Washington way.
可我要用艾尔·伍兹的方法去做
But I’m going to do it the Elle Woods way.
干事的时候到了
Time to get serious.
人物 莉比·豪瑟女议员
Subject: Congresswoman Libby Hauser.
战后婴儿潮时出生
Came of age in Post-War boom
跟1951年查尔斯约旦细高跟鞋同一时代
typified by 1951 Charles Jourdan stiletto heel.
升至德州的头儿 红发
Moving up to the Texan’s head, which is red…
可能是化学效果 要追查
suspect chemical assistance. Must pursue.
告诉我 珀斯特
Hit me, Post.
10英里半径里有118个发廊由不同的颜色名声
118 salons within a 10-mile radius broken down by color expertise…