看 这是我们 他给我订做的
See, this is us. He had this made for me.
那是他 这是我在笑
That’s him, and that’s me smiling.
他可以成为我们的一员 你来讲 我来吐
Maybe he’ll make one of you and me. You’ll be talking and I’ll be throwing up.
谈到结婚
Speaking of nuptials,
等我来告诉女议员 我被邀参加
wait till I tell the congresswoman that I was invited to
约翰·麦克肯侄子的婚礼
to John McCain’s nephew’s wedding.
他真是个不错的小伙子
He’s really quite a sweet kid.
告诉我 提摩西
Tell me something, Timothy,
把嘴放在你老板的屁♥股♥上呼吸困不困难?
is it difficult for you to breathe with your mouth flat against your employer’s butt?
不清楚 葛蕾丝 你的头…
I don’t know, Grace. Is it difficult to see
在少数党秘书大腿中看东西难不难?
with your head in the Minority Whip’s lap?
他是个著名的绅士 他太太离开了他
It was the distinguished gentlemen from lowa. His wife had recently left him,
我们只是交谈 – 是的 是的 因为…
and we just talked. – Right. Right. Because…
如果你 “拜访” 过他的地区
You know if you did “visit” his district,
你应该有了一些…
you should’ve gotten some legislation
立法案 – 你怎么会知道 你整天在
out of it. – How would you even know when you’re busy
穿着溜冰鞋追逐实习生
chasing interns on a skateboard?
不好意思 – 我…
Excuse me? – And I…
谁想谈论动物实验?
Who wants to talk animal testing?
滚吧 布兰妮
Write a bill, Britney.
我没有车 你想让我做…
I don’t have a car! What do you want me to…
叫好杯时间
♪ Snap Cup time ♪
都围过来
♪ Gather ye round ♪
朋友和敌人都过来
♪ Friends and foes together ♪
团结一致
♪ United and bound ♪
把它传给你的邻座
♪ Pass it to your neighbor ♪
而不是炸了它
♪ Instead of blowing up ♪
我们会在叫好杯中
♪ And we’ll find harmony and love in the ♪
找到和谐和爱
♪ Snap Cup! ♪
别告诉我你们不知道什么是叫好杯
Don’t tell me you don’t know what a Snap Cup is?
好 我来解释一下
OK, I’ll explain it.
你要写一个匿名表扬条子
You are going to write down an anonymous praise note
或叫小暖心绒物
on a little warm fuzzy.
暖心绒物?
Warm fuzzy?
是的 称赞你的同事 说好话
Yes. Compliments about your co-workers. Just something nice
然后你把它放进神圣的杯子里
Then you deposit them in the sacred vessel.
这在任何两派环境里都很重要
The Snap Cup is essential to any bipartisan environment.
想想1998年的春季狂欢
Consider 1998 Spring Carnival,
三角姐妹会在吻亭计划上
The Delta Nus partnered with the Kappa Kappa Gammas
与卡帕·嘎莫斯合作
on Project Kissing Booth.
大问题
Big problems!
来写吧
Go ahead, write
用整个舌头或不用舌头
So, a whole heated debate transpired over
引发了一个热烈的讨论
the whole tongue-no tongue policy.
你们知道卡帕会站在哪边
I think you know what side the Kappas were on.
这帮我们除掉了往日的冲突
Anyway, it really helped us move past the conflict
我想它今天也可以帮助我们
and I think it can help us today.
我们来试试 好吗?
So, let’s just try this, OK?
谢谢 莉娜 谢谢你
Thank you, Reena. Thank you. Thanks for that
谢谢你 提摩西
Thank you, Timothy.
好了
Okay.
现在 叫好杯小姐 我 来朗读
So now, the Snap Cup mistress, me, recites.
好 是我写的
Good, I got mine
“葛蕾丝总是很自信地说出她的想法”
“Grace always has the confidence to speak her mind”
“另外 她穿碳灰色很漂亮”
“PIus, she looks terrific in charcoal.”
瞧 葛蕾丝的优点
And, voila, snaps for Grace!
看到没?我们的第一个叫好杯 真令人激动
Do you see? Our first Snap Cup! This is so exciting!
不知道下一个会怎么样?
I wonder what’ll happen next?
好 这是…
All right, this is…
好 “艾尔·伍兹和叫好杯有什么共同点?”
“What do Elle Woods and the Snap Cup have in common?”
一个谜语 真酷 我喜欢猜谜
Oh, a riddle. That’s so cool. I love riddles.
他们都…
“They’re both…”
很愚蠢
“stupid.”
好了 够了
Okay, enough already
也许我们应该出席
Maybe we can do something actually worthwhile,
你要撞击的那个委员会听证
like attend the hearing of the committee you need to crack.
我亲自带你去
I’ll take you myself.
谢谢 葛蕾丝 你真大方
Thank you, Grace. That’s very generous of you.
看 我想叫好杯真的管用
See, I think the Snap Cup really works.

Wow!
早安
Good morning
这就像是国会频道 不过我不感到烦躁
This is just like on C-SPAN, except I’m not bored.
你走错了房♥间 实习生指导在…
You’re in the wrong room, sweetheart. Intern orientation is in room…
216?我知道 谢谢
216? Yes, I’ve heard. Thank you
我是艾尔·伍兹 不是实习生
Hi, I’m Elle Woods. I’m not an intern.
罗伯·克勒 我也不是
Rob Cole. Me, neither.
事实上 我是女议员露德的新助手
Actually, I’m the new legislative aide to Congresswoman Rudd.
事实上 我是来自德拉瓦的老议员
Oh, actually I’m an old congressman from Delaware.
我去过那 没有购物税 这很好 先生
Oh, I’ve been to Delaware! No sales tax. That’s a good one, sir!
委员会呼唤秩序
Committee is called to order!
欢迎参加特别会议…
Welcome to the special meeting of the…
对不起 抱歉
Excuse me. Sorry.
能源和商务委员会
Committee of Energy and Commerce.
在我们进行特别议程之前
Before we turn to our official agenda…
有没有要介绍的?
are there any introductory remarks?
主席女士 葛蕾丝·罗斯特
Madam chairwoman. Grace Rossiter, chief of staff.
麻省露德议员的团队领导
Representative Rudd, Massachusetts.
因为我们的新助手将在你的委员会下
As our newest legislative assistant will be spearheading a campaign
领导一个运动 我想她肯定想要发言
under your committee. I’m sure she’d love the floor
因此我让位给我的同事 穿粉色的女士
Thus I yield to my colleague, the lady in hot pink.
你可以发言 穿粉色的女士
You have the floor, lady in hot pink.
我?
Me?
你能详细介绍一下你自己吗?
Would you care to more specifically identify yourself?
啊 当然
Oh, sure!
我叫艾尔·伍兹 波士顿贝尔埃人
My name is Elle Woods, Boston by way of Bel Air.
我名字的意思是 “热爱森林”
And as my surname would suggest
我也是个热情宣传自然的人
I am a passionate advocate for everything in nature
直到我的吉娃娃狗布鲁赛
and a contented citizen until
让我面对动物实验问题前
my shorthaired Chihuahua, Bruiser
我一直是个满意的公民
brought me face-to-face with the animal testing issue.
你离题了 伍兹女士 这是个燃料效益听证
You’re out of order, Miss Woods. This is a fuel efficiency hearing.
动物实验不在议程之中
I don’t see anything in the agenda about animal testing.
你让位好吗?
Will you yield the floor?
当然 我快讲完了
Absolutely. I’m almost done.
最后 我只想说
So, in concIusion, I just want to say…
我很激动 能够走上首都的台阶
that I am so excited about the day that I get to march up those grand Capitol steps
把议案放进那个…
and drop that very bill in the…
那叫什么啦?
What’s it called?
像个闪亮的红木箱的东西?
It’s like a shiny, mahogany box thing?
议案箱
The hopper
没错 我怎么能忘记呢?像只兔子
Right, Exactly! The hopper! How could I forget? It’s like a bunny.
投放动物实验理想的地方
Perfect for animal testing, right?
大家都该知道 我要举♥行♥后议案箱小吃晚会
And I want to let everybody know that I’m having a post-hopper tapas party.
我要做些气酒 真的很好喝
I’m making sangria. It’s really yummy.
天啊 听起来多么有趣
Well, my, my, how very interesting that all sounds!
会很有趣的 – 不过 你下次考虑
It’ll be fun – However, the next time you consider…
出席我主持的听证会…
attending a hearing over which I preside…
别来了
don’t!
委员会呼唤秩序
Committee is called to order.
好的
OK.
欢迎参加能源和商务特别会议
Welcome to the special meeting of the Committee of Energy and Commerce.
要记录在案 请秘书♥记♥下…
For the record, would the secretary please make note that…
欢迎来到威灵顿 女士
Welcome to the Wellington, ma’am.
17B?
Seventeen-B?
你有个包裹
You… you have a package.
里面有一双迄今最完美的婚鞋
Inside that box are the most perfect wedding shoes ever.
看起来很精美又防滑 可我不能穿出去
Both visually stunning and cleated. And I won’t be able to wear them
因为我没有定恩麦特棒球婚礼的日期
since I obviously won’t make the date for Emmett’s fantasy baseball wedding
因为我绝不会得到
given that I don’t have a chance of getting
议员们对我的提案的支持
those important congresspeople to co-sponsor my bill

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!