另外 他们非常欣赏
And what’s more, they have been so impressed…
你自己处理的方法
with how you’ve handled yourself down here…
他们要你加入董事会 成为他们法律部的领导
they want you on board as head of their legal department.
这是个非常大方的邀请 艾尔
It’s a very generous offer, Elle.
我不知道
I don’t know.
你成功了 你做到了 你来这想做的事
You did it. You did what you came here to do.
可是请♥愿♥怎么办?
Yeah, but what about the discharge petition?
这不是关于一个动物
I mean this isn’t about just one animal
这是关于所有的动物 – 我同意
it’s all of the animals. – I agree,
你组织了一个队伍 没有你 他们也可以继续
but you’ve got a great team in place, they can carry on without you.
华贵想让你星期一就去报到
C’est Magnifique wants you up there by Monday.
你可以回家了
You can go home.
恭喜你 艾尔
Congratulations, Elle.
谢谢 谢谢你这样做 – 嗯 好哇
Wow. Thank you. Thanks for doing that – Well, sure.
我们得一起行动 我们华盛顿金发女
We have to stick together, us Washington blondes.
你知道今天谁跟汉尼菲德议员
Oh, do you know who Representative Hannenfeld…
一起在议员餐厅吃午饭吗?
had Iunch with today in the members dining room?
我今天没吃午饭 去做脸了
I skipped Iunch today. Had a facial.
好 谢谢 我会打电♥话♥给你的
Oh, OK. Thanks. I’ll call you about that.
好
Yeah.
恩麦特 我知道你在上案例课
Emmett, I know you’re probably in Case Law class right now…
听到留言后给我打电♥话♥
but I want you to call me back when you get this.
我想我要回家了
I think I’m coming home.
可是是好事 虽然…
But it’s a good thing, though…
也许吧 给我回电
Maybe. Call me back
你再别惹我了 好吗?
Will you leave us alone now?
对不起
Excuse me?
我知道你在跟我们做对
Look, I know you’ve been working against us…
我知道是因为私人理由 你不喜欢我
and I know somehow it’s personal. You don’t like me.
很明显
Clearly.
如果我离开华盛顿
If I leave Washington,
你会让布鲁赛案公平出击吗?
will you call off the fight and let Bruiser’s Bill have a fair shot?
你的议案对我是小事 我有自己的议程表
Your bill is trivial to me. I have my own agenda.
比如业主议案 你以我们为代价推动通过了?
Like the homeowners bill you pushed through at our expense?
我只有这个请求 格蕾丝
You know, that’s all I’m asking, Grace…
业主鼓励议案?我不会碰那个议案的
Homeowners incentives? I wouldn’t touch that bill.
那是对富人的税务优♥惠♥
It’s a tax break for the wealthy.
你前两次会没有推动通过?
Haven’t you been pushing it for the last two sessions?
维多莉一小时候后与常科尼有个直播采访
Look, Victoria has a live interview with Connie Chung in an hour.
我没有时间谈这个
I don’t have time for this.
她在准备这个采访?
That’s the interview she’s preparing for?
她现在正在化妆
She’s in makeup right now.
她在化妆?
She’s in makeup?
麦克风测试 1 2 3
Mike test, 1- 2- 3
常小姐有空吗?我想在直播前
Is Miss Chung available? I’d like to go over some ground rules.
跟她过一边基本规则 天哪
before we go on live, for goodness sakes
是的 好 谢谢
Yes, OK. Thanks.
她的肤色是不是很好?
Doesn’t she have a beautiful complexion?
她就像是防晒油的公益广♥告♥
She’s like a PSA for SPF.
谢谢 艾尔 我以为你走了
Oh. Thank you, Elle. I thought you were gone
回家?不 不 我还没准备好呢 就皮肤而言
Home? No, no, no. I’m not ready yet. Epidermally speaking, that is.
我实际上有点难受
I’m actually feeling a little bit muddy.
我需要去角质保水 我想…
I need a light exfoliation followed by super rich hydration and I thought,
维多莉会推荐一下
Victoria will have a good recommendation for me.
宝贝儿 现在不是最佳时间
Sweetie, this really isn’t the best time.
不 我知道你很忙 因此已经问了你的美容师
No, no. I know you’re very busy, so I already called your facialist.
她说你今天没有去
The thing is she said you didn’t come in today.
没去 我去了别的地方
Oh, no, no. I went someplace else,
一个新地方 就这些吗?
Someplace new. Is that all?
不 还有
No, that’s not all.
每个女人都知道
Every woman knows that a good facial…
做脸可能会很痛 如果好好去做
can be a painful experience if done properly…
整个皮肤都会出现红斑
resulting in red blotchy areas all over your skin…
脸部红肿疼痛
swelling, tenderness in your T-zone area particular.
你的美容师是东欧人会更甚 他们最佳
Even more so if your facialist is Eastern European as so many of the best are.
报复共♥产♥主义倒台 我会这样说
Payback for the fall of Communism, I like to say.
你到底在说什么?
What on earth are you talking about?
美容的第一条规定
Isn’t it the first rule of facials…
就是在做脸和大事件之间
that there’s a 24-hour window between a facial and
要间隔24小时 比如约会或舞会
and any major occasion, such as a date or a dance or
比如接受莫利·珀威奇的采访?
or maybe an interview with Mrs. Maury Povich?
华盛顿打扮最好的女人
I don’t think that’s a rule
不会忘记这个规定吧?
the most well-groomed woman in Washington would easily forget.
真是可笑 清理这个房♥间
This is ridiculous. Could we clear this room?
午饭的事你撒了谎 为什么?
You lied to me about your Iunch hour. Why?
因为你在跟汉尼菲德吃饭?
Because you were having Iunch with Hannenfeld?
你一直在游说反对我们 是吧?
You’ve been lobbying against us all this time,haven’t you?
看在上帝的份上 够了 谢谢 出去…
For God’s sakes, enough. Thank you. Out, out, out.
谢谢 我一会就找你去
Thank you. I’ll be with you in a moment.
是的 我对你撒谎了 我扼杀了布鲁赛议案
Yes. I lied to you. I killed Bruiser’s Bill.
可你是个动物爱好者 那多莉·曼蒂逊呢?
But you’re an animal lover. What about Dolly Madison, your beagle?
不是我的 我借的
Not mine. I borrowed it.
很臭 在沙发上看起来不错
And it reeked. Looked good on the sofa though,
我们已经谈过了
Elle, we’ve been through all of this before.
我用你的议案交换
I traded your bill for the homeowners bill…
葛蕾丝要我提交的业主议案
that Grace had committed me to.
你撒谎 葛蕾丝从没要求过
That’s a lie. Grace never wanted that.
你封♥杀♥了这个议案 不是别人 我想知道为什么?
You blocked this bill, nobody else, and I want to know why.
为什么?- 是的 为什么?
Why? – Yes, why?
为什么华盛顿会有很多事?生存
Why does anything happen in Washington? Survival
你不知道要来这 待下去有多难
You have no idea what it takes to get here and stay here.
需要钱
The money it takes,
刚好我的主要金融♥资♥助者
It just so happens that my chief financial contributor
买♥♥了一家主要化妆品公♥司♥一半的股票
happens to have purchased half share in a major cosmetics company…
他们想继续在动物身上做实验
and they want to continue testing on animals…
他们愿意资助我
so much so, that they’re willing to
在明年的选举中击败我的对手
bankroll my opponent in next year’s elections…
如果我不封♥杀♥你的议案
if I did not kill your bill.
我信任你 我敬佩你
I trusted you. I looked up to you.
如果我不在这 我帮不了任何人的忙
I can’t do anyone any good if I’m no longer here.
可是你没有帮任何人
But you’re not doing anybody any good.
没帮你地区的人 甚至你自己
Nobody in your district, not even yourself.
抱歉 可是我不能允许这种事情发生
And I’m sorry, but I can’t let that happen.
你不能证明我改变主意的原因
You can’t prove why I changed my vote
或我如何封♥杀♥了你的议案
or how I blocked your bill
是你与我作对
It’s your word against mine…
我花了20年在这里和我的家乡
and I’ve spent 20 years building up my credibility
树立起我的威信
in this town and back home.
我不会去找记者公开的
I’m not going to the press.
我不相信敲诈那一套
I don’t believe in blackmail.
可是我相信人♥民♥
But I do believe in the people…
我要把布鲁赛议案交给他们
and I’m going to take Bruiser’s Bill to them.
人♥民♥相信我们让他们相信的东西
The people believe what we tell them to believe,
你不会成功的 艾尔
It’ll never work, Elle.
人们不会关心的
You can’t get the people to care.
等着瞧
Watch me.
女士们
Ladies…
时间到了
it’s time.
你的意思是… 你确定吗?
You mean… Are you sure?
就像我肯定没人穿佩斯利好看一样
As sure as I am that nobody looks good in paisley.
跟我一起战斗吗?
Are you with me?
会吧 塞琳娜?
I think so. Serena?
会的 我们和你在一起 艾尔
Yeah. Yes. We’re with you, Elle.
去干吧
Go for it!
天啊
Oh, my God!
三角姐妹会会长 第2-6章
Delta Nu president, Chapter 2-6…
会员证号♥码097435 第三位
I.D. Number 097 435. Third from the top
6234978 第五位
6234978, fifth from the top…
呼叫激活电♥话♥树号♥码255
calling to activate phone tree number 255
呼叫激活电♥话♥树号♥码255
Call to activate phone tree 255!