and we’re moving toward it without even knowing it’s there.
如果某天你觉得一切皆已看破
Once you think you’ve got it all solved,
那还有什么意思呢
what’s left?
别把鱼内脏蹭到我身上了 听到没
Don’t get any fish innards on me, okay?
闭嘴
Shut up.
那么何谓哈拉卡
So, what is the Halakhah?
它就是律法
It’s the law.
它就是我们日常生活中应遵循的准则
It’s the path we follow in our daily lives.
其中包括了那些完善我们生活的宗教仪式
It comprises those rituals that make our lives complete.
没有这些 暴♥力♥与混乱将充斥世界
Without them, the violence and anarchy of the world prevail.
当主在西奈山给摩西受戒时
When Moses talks with God on Sinai,
犹太人抛弃了律法
the Jews abandoned the law,
他们杀牛宰羊载歌♥载舞
and danced ecstatically before the calf,
忘却了是谁将他们带出埃及
forgetting the one who brought them out of Egypt.
朋友们 我们世代都遭受着威胁
My friends, in every generation, we are threatened
总有混沌奴役以及绝望相伴
with chaos and slavery and despair.
还有精神与困顿的问题
And then this… this spirit and confusion.
哈拉卡则是我们在这乱世中的精神家园
Halakhah allows refuge in a world we can’t explain.
暴♥力♥与混乱
Violence, anarchy
让公平正义无法得以伸张
in which the workings of justice may falter,
可在更深远的层面 一切皆有因果
there is a larger and deeper coherence.
那他♥娘♥的♥是谁
Who the fuck is that?
对此笃信不疑是每个犹太人应有的信仰
To know this with certainty is to believe as a Jew.
如果没有律法 我们将会迷失
Without law, we are lost
狗♥日♥的♥变♥态♥
Fuckin’ faggot.
迷失于贫瘠的荒漠之中 这对我们都不好
in an arid wasteland. No good to each other.
别捣乱
Not this mess
这对上帝也不好
No good to our God.
-安息日平安 -安息日平安
– Shabbat Shalom – Shabbat Shalom
我要感谢陶博曼一家
So, I would like to thank the Taubmann family
他们带来了非常漂亮的花装点讲坛
for the beautiful flowers that adorn our bema,
欢迎大家在祷告会后参加我们的
and please join us after the Musaf service for Kaddish in…
-谢谢你开车送我 -乐意效劳
– Thanks for doing this. – Happy to.
好吧
All right.
你真的不进去吗
You sure you don’t wanna come in?
我就在那边等你
I’ll be waitin’ right over there.
你和母亲解开心结后
But will look kindly later on boys
看上去就会好多了
who sort shit out with their mamas.
我现在看上去怎么样
How do I look?
你好 莎伦 我进去看看我妈
Well, hi ya, Sharon, just goin’ to see my mom.
警官你好
Officer
等一下 等一下
Oh, oh, oh, ah! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Wait! Wait!
好了 停一下 老兄
Oh, okay, okay, hang on, man!
不 你别说话 贝迪
No, no, not a word from you, Brady,
你给我听着就行
you hear, you’re just gonna listen.
这里的工作人员发现
The staff here,
你妈有一天在里面抽大♥麻♥
they found your mama smokin’ pot the other day.
这疯婆子本来就不该来这儿
Now she’s a crazy lady, don’t even belong in here,
不过把她弄走对大家都没什么好处
but it wouldn’t do nobody no good to put her away.
我现在不抓你 只是因为
The only reason I ain’t haulin’ you in is ‘cuz
我还没有你带大♥麻♥给你♥妈♥的♥证据
I ain’t got proof it was you give it to her.
一旦掌握证据 我们就会去你家
As soon as I do, we gonna get on your property
把你种的那些很给劲的草
and we gonna find every last ounce of that
全部铲除干净寸草不留
super charged grass you’re growin’ out there.
我才不管你背了多少债要还
I don’t care how many money men you’re payin’ off.
听明白了吗
You understand?
是的 长官
Yes sir.
别以为梳理干净了就能蒙人
You ain’t foolin’ a soul by cleanin’ up.
你是什么鸟我清楚得很
I know just what you is.
麦卡毕管材
这根本不是我所问你的
That ain’t at all what I asked you.
我问你的是
I asked you
你三天前就该来的
why you was supposed to be here three days ago,
为什么今天才来
and you just walk in here now?
我们家里那边也有些生意要打理
We just had some business back at home
仅此而已
we had to take care of, is all.
我听说你在布罗肯鲍一带露过面
I heard you made an appearance in Broken Bow.
我路过麦家店 就顺便进了店里
Well, I just stopped in at the Me Tote Em, there.
我女朋友想买♥♥点甘草糖
My girl wanted some licorice.
所有人都知道
Everybody knows
福勒兄弟就在麦家店附近活动
those Fuller boys work out of the Me Tote Em.
就连警♥察♥都知道
Even the police know that.
她非要吃甘草糖
She wanted the licorice.
我还指望能靠你那边的机器赚钱呢
I sure hope my money’s in Yonder Bay.
一点没错
Well, that’s just the thing.
要么如此
Either that,
要么你就像上次一样被人修理
or you got samples of what you goin’ be up to down there.
更别提你们打扰了我的安息日
Don’t tell me you done interrupted my day of rest.
对于无关的屁话
To other shit,
我根本没兴趣听
I got no interest makin’ its way between my ears.
一开始我们去错了教堂
We went to the wrong temple at first.
-去了小丑教堂吗 -在尤蒂卡那座
– Temple Jester? – Over on Utica.
如果我去那种教堂 我就成基♥督♥徒了
If I wanted to go to church, I’d be a Krustian.
那样你的日子也许会轻松点
Might make your life a little easier.
谁说我的日子不轻松了
Who says my life ain’t easy?
不知道 对犹太人偏见没那么深的人吧
I don’t know. Maybe folks ain’t too partial to Jews.
法律也绝不会把犹太人和毒贩划等号♥
Law would never mark out a Jew as a dope dealer, neither.
基本上他们没怎么招惹过我
They leave me alone, by and large.
这世上的事真说不清楚
The way of the world is mysterious,
不过每个人都有他的位置 这要看他的悟性
but every man has his place, each accordin’ to his lights.
可能是这样吧
That could be.
阿刀和文代为你们准备了一笔交易
Shaver and Wendell done presented to you a deal, Brady.
要把握好机会
Uh, opportunity.
你们要么带了钱来赔偿我
Now, either you got my money in that bag,
要么我们就谈谈你扩大经营规模的事
or we gonna talk about expanding your situation down there.
我两者都不想做
Well, I can’t do neither.
-为什么 -我想有个家
– Why not? – I wanna have a family.
我从小就没有爸爸 所以我要做个好父亲
I ain’t never had a dad myself, so I aim to be a good one.
所以我不干了 我也许会种一点自己抽
So, I’m done. I might be growin’ for myself,
不过不会再为你或其他人种了
but I ain’t gonna be growing for you or nobody no more.
至少不会再为卖♥♥钱而种了
At least, not in the selling facet.
这么说 你们是带了一袋钱来了
So, that’s a bag full of money
要还我在你的种植园初建时所投的钱
payin’ me back for settin’ you up down there.
听我把话说完吧 发哥
Well, now, hear me out, Pug.
你说的越发难以入耳了
That’s gettin’ harder,
你的屁话越来越不中听
because of all the shit I’m listenin’ to.
是这样 我和博杰
Okay, look. Me and Bolger.
打算把你所投资的全套种植设施
We gonna take that whole operation that you paid for,
都拉到布罗肯鲍去
we gonna haul it up to Broken Bow.
我们会把它安装好交给福勒兄弟俩
We gonna set it up, turn it over to the Fuller brothers.
我会把知道的一切都教给他们
I’m gonna teach them everything I know.
你可以把鲍比·福勒的笨脑子挖出来
You can take Bobby Fuller’s brain,
然后把它塞到一只猫的脑壳里
and stick it in the head of a cat,
那猫一定会因为脑子太笨倒地而死
that animal will keel over and die.
我和博杰一定会竭尽全力
Me and Bolger will do whatever it takes.
那我投的钱谁来偿还
Who is paying me back?
我一直在想办法
I’m working on that,
不过你也从没说过要什么时候还清
but you ain’t never said nothing about a timetable.
已经一年多了 有了吧
Ohhh! It has been over a year, hadn’t it?
好像有了
Yea, I guess so?
这一年多来我张口跟你要过一个子儿吗
In all that time, have you heard me ask you for a nickel?
整整12个月 我要过吗
In all those 12 months?
没有 不过你我都知道
No, but you and me both know
我给你的货都是折价出♥售♥
I’ve been selling you at a cut rate.
这么说 现在你是想让我做做好人咯
Ohhh! So! Now you want me to be nice!
应该是吧 这他妈有何不妥吗
Well, I guess I do. What the fuck is wrong with that?
贝迪 我们犹太人
Brady, my people been kicked out of
几乎在每个国家都遭到了排挤
near every country on this planet.
我爷爷因为俄♥国♥的大屠♥杀♥而来到美国
My granddad came here because of the pogroms in Russia.
他跑遍了南部各州
He traveled all over the South,
一路驾着马车卖♥♥饼干
selling czachkers out of a wagon,