Oh, cut it out.
你感觉怎样 教授
How ya feelin’, professor?
你干什么了
Mmmm, what did you do?
我跑去修剪了一下
Well, I bumped into some clippers.
感觉真怪
Hmm, feels weird.
你觉得怎么样
Whaddya think?
-天呐 几点了 -该起来了
– Oh, God. What time is it? – It’s time to get up.
我给你买♥♥了几件衣服 穿上吧
Here, I bought you a few things. Put ’em on.
什么 为什么
What? Why?
还记得我们昨天说的那事吗
Remember that thing we were talkin’ about…
不行不行 贝迪 那样行不通
No, no, Brady. That’s… that’s just not gonna work.
为什么
Why?
首先就说你理的这个发型
Well, for one thing, because you’ve given
简直是史上最烂
yourself the stupidest haircut in human history.
扯淡 你的也好不到哪里去
Oh, bullshit, you ain’t that fancy.
我看没什么不同
Can’t hardly tell the difference.
不 很抱歉 我从没说过
No, I’m… I’m sorry, I never said…
我都撮合你和简妮了 你也挺喜欢她
Haven’t I fixed you up with Janet? And then you like her?
我对她的感觉
My opinion of her is
和你那个弱智计划毫无干系
totally unrelated to your infantile scheme.
你听着
You listen!
我可不是在开玩笑 你必须得帮我
I ain’t foolin’. You gotta help me,
因为如果我不去塔尔萨
because if I don’t get up to Tulsa,
我就会有大♥麻♥烦
I’m gonna be in some real trouble.
那你就去啊 干嘛非要我
Then go up to Tulsa. Why do I have to…
我在塔尔萨可能会碰到点小意外
Because some shit might happen in Tulsa to where I…
所以你希望别人看到你人在这里
Where… Where you would rather be seen down here,
这样就可以显得
so that you’re not implicated in
你和你要干的非法勾当毫无牵涉了
whatever typically insane criminal behavior that you intend.
想都别想
No fucking way!
我只是要你去看看老妈
All I’m askin’ you to do is go and see mom.
一点善举而已
That one little good deed. That’s all.
这才不是什么行善 况且我也不想见老妈
Well, it’s not a good deed, and I really don’t wanna see mom.
你大老远的都跑来了
You come all the way down here!
不 不对 实际上是你把我骗来的
No! No! You tricked me into coming, actually.
拜托 就这么简单的一点事
Oh! Please! It’s… It’s so simple!
你只要走进养老院
All you gotta do is walk into a fucking rest home
看看自己的老妈 你都十二年没见她了
and see your own mother you ain’t seen in 12 years,
天知道为什么
for God knows why!
从一个吃熊爪糕的猪身边走过 这能有多难
I don’t know why you won’t pass a pig eatin’ a bear claw.
人们已经不这么称呼他们了
They don’t call them that anymore.
什么
What?
他们已经不再被称为”猪”了 这正是
Nope! They aren’t called pigs anymore. That’s exactly…
他们叫”警♥察♥”
Called the police.
你怎么知道那警♥察♥会待在那儿
How do you even know that he’ll be there?
因为前台那个小母牛让他神魂颠倒
‘Cuz he’s got a shine on his heifer who sits behind the desk.
你只要走进去对他说
All you gotta do is walk in and say,
“你好 莎伦 我来看我妈”
“Hi, ya, Sharon. I’m goin’ to see my ma.”
其他什么都别说 然后径直走进去就行
And don’t say another fuckin’ word. And just walk on by.
这样的不在场证明太荒唐了
That is the most ridiculous alibi.
人家只需查出你有个双胞胎兄弟
All anyone would have to do is find out that you have a twin
而且我回来了
and that I was down here.
当年我们几时搞砸过
When we ever been busted before?
你老是替我参加考试
You took tests for me all the time.
而我让你代我去赴约会
And I let you go on dates as me.
不 我们十六岁时我只干过这么一回
No, I did that one time when we were 16.
那次她还给你口♥爆♥了 不是吗
And she guzzled your custard, didn’t she?
在那之后我一直觉得很愧疚
I have felt bad about that ever since.
帮帮忙 比利 我在设法改变我的生活
Come on, Billy. I’m trying to change my life here.
真♥他♥妈♥的
Fucking hell.
作弟弟的求你了
I’m asking, as your brother.
我走过去就行 对吗
Ugg.. I just walk by.
我被踢下了诺亚方舟
I got kicked off of Noah’s Ark
面对风言风语我从容淡定
I turn my cheek to unkind remarks
事事皆成双 唯我独一无二
There was two of everything but one of me
-今天不是周六吗 -那又怎样
– Say, ain’t it Saturday? – Yeah, so?
犹太人周六要去教堂做礼拜吧
Think the Jews is in church Saturdays.
你知道犹太教堂在哪儿吗
You know where it’s at?
-不能找找吗 -说不定不止一座呢
– Can’t we look it up? – What if it’s more’n one?
不会多于一座吧
There can’t be more than one, can it?
-我能问个问题吗 -说
– Can I ask you a question? – Shoot
你相信有上帝吗
Do you believe in a higher power?
是啊 我信 不然哪来的这花花世界
Yea, I do. I do. It’s the only way to make sense of all this.
如果没有上帝 只会是一片混乱
Otherwise, it’s just pure fucking chaos.
这么说 他创造了世界
Like, the world was created by Him,
我们的行为也会经他审判 对吗
and He judges what we do?
不 我想这更像是平行线
No, I think it’s more like, like parallel lines.
平行线
Parallel lines?
你知道吧 两条平行线无限延长永不相交
Ya know, two lines go on and on forever, and never touch.
知道
Yea.
不过在现实中它们并不存在
‘Cept, ‘cept they don’t actually exist in nature.
现实中画不出两条真正的平行线
And man can’t create no true parallel.
这只是一种概念
It’s just more of a concept.
我在高中几何里学的这破玩意
I learned that shit in high school geometry.
这种概念 这种理想状态
Well, that concept, that perfection…
我们知道它存在 也理解它
We know it exists, and we think about it.
但永远无法实际达到这种状态
But we can’t never get there ourselves.
我想上帝就在这冥冥之中
I think that right there is God.
-准备好了吗 -准备好什么
– You ready? – For what?
过来
Come on over here.
-老天爷 -你还傻站着干嘛
– Jesus! – You just gonna stand there?
你有什么心理障碍吗 干嘛不用鱼竿
You have a spiritual aversion to monofilament?
人们用这种方法捕鲶鱼已经有上千年了
This is the way it was done a thousand years ago.
原来如此
I think I can understand that.
你明天就走吗
You still leavin’ tomorrow?
是吧
I think so.
我会想你的
I’ll miss you.
我们还只是萍水相逢而已
And we barely even know each other.
你还不知自己是个怎样的人
You have not known what you are.
此生你都在沉沉睡梦之中
You have slumbered upon yourself all your life.
你的眼睑始终低垂
Your eyelids have been the same as closed most of the time.
过去的所为已对你做出嘲弄
What you have done returns already in mockeries.
可笑的并非是你
The mockeries are not you.
在这些嘲讽背后 我看见你蓄势待发
Underneath them and within them, I see you lurk.
谁写的
Who is that?
惠特曼的诗
Walt Whitman.
真没有想到
I don’t think I ever imagined
一个能抓40磅大鲶鱼的女孩
hearing him recited to me by a
居然能向我朗读他的优美诗句
girl getting a 40-pound catfish.
其实这倒正合适
That’s exactly how he should be recited.
他的诗不讲究押韵和格律
He wrote without rhyme or meter.
自♥由♥体 他怎么想就怎么写
Free verse… just whatever he felt inside,
结果形成了自己独特的韵律
coming out in his own intricate rhythm.
情感真挚坦诚 无拘无束
Pure, unashamed passion, without definable restriction.
-抱歉 对此我有不同看法 -怎么
– I’m sorry, see, I ha.. have a few issues with that. – Why?
因为有人曾斗胆说过
Because some have dared to suggest
即便写诗也有一定的格式
that even poetry has rules.
或者自成一格
Or you make your own.
恰恰这点我不能苟同
Right there, that’s the part I never bought into.
为什么呢
Because?
因为如果大家纷纷创建自己的规则
Because if everybody runs around, making their own rules,
那哪个才是正确的呢
how can you find what’s true?
那样就没有 没有什么依据可循了
There’s nothing… There’s nothing to rely on.
那一夜
One night,
你蹒跚着那锯齿状的外壳
I spooled my serrated skin,
啖噬着你的枝叶
devoured your leaves,
知道那没有毒 也没有爱的滋润
knowing no poison, no love nourishment
目盲的幼虫 唯有饥饿才是真实
in that larval blindness, a hunger finally true.
-谁写的 -我写的
– Who’s that? – That’s me.
也许真理就在我们前面
Maybe what’s true is in front of us,
我们也正向它靠近 只是不知道它在那里