Course, now they come up with the war on terror.
我可不关心你们菜鸟毒贩怎么辛勤劳作
Not that I ain’t interested in the travails of a small-time drug dealer,
-你说我是菜鸟 -怎么着也要扩到塔尔萨
– Oh, you calling me small-time? – We gotta make it to Tulsa.
你知不知道我是全国第一个
Do you know that I was the first grower
运用水培法种植的人
in the state that ever employed hydroponics?
什么是水培法
What’s hydroponics?
在水中萌发种子 你这个猪脑子
Germinating the seed in water, you shit-for-brains.
你知道我杂交了多少代
Do you know how many generations of hybridization
才拿到现在最优的三个品种吗
I’ve had to do to get my top three varietals?
你以为最好的货那么容易搞出来吗
There is a goddamn reason I grow the best!
-行了 贝迪 你到底想怎样 -发哥要你还钱
– Enough, Brady. what’s it gonna be? – Pug wants his money!
早知道他有期限
Well, if I’d a known about a timetable,
我们早就开始还钱了
we’d have been doing that.
别他妈扯什么期限 他给你指了一条生路
Shut your face about a timetable. he’s offering you a way out.
你♥他♥妈♥最好识相点
You sure as shit better take it,
否则就让你屁♥股♥开花
Or he’s gonna bust up in your glory hole, like nobody’s business.
该转一转了
We should turn it loose.
只要是我自己不抽的东西
I ain’t gonna manufacture or purvey
我是不会生产或是销♥售♥的
anything that I won’t ingest into my own sweet self.
看看呐
Look it here.
你怎么忍♥心说这是受控物质
How you gonna call that a controlled substance?
-政♥府♥就这么说 -你看这芽的结构
– Well, the government do. – Look at the bud structure on it.
晶体的密度 萜类散发的芳香
The crystal density, the smell of them terpenes.
这可合成不出来
You can’t synthesize that.
这是大自然给我们的恩赐
That is nature’s delivery system for goodness,
我们加以提纯而已
distilled into a pure form.
它缓缓进入你的身体
It glides down into your belly,
让你在这罪恶纷扰的世界
and blooms into a feeling of peace,
感受到一丝宁静祥和
in this world beset by evil.
不管你抽多少大♥麻♥
That world is gonna be there,
这世界也不会改变
no matter how much grass you smoke.
你看看这里
Now, look here.
你♥他♥妈♥想在这里建水培神殿
You wanted to build the fucking Taj Mahal to hydroponics.
-怎么 -你已经成功了
– Well? – And you done it.
但你也知道你已经招惹上了他
But you know what you was gettin’ into with him,
他可不会善罢甘休
and he sure as shit ain’t goin’ away.
贝迪
Brady!
我在想办法
My mind’s workin’ on it.
我坐在壁橱中 带着我的一切
Well, I sat down in the closet, with all my overalls
想要远离那隔墙之耳
Tryin’ to get away from all the ears inside my walls
梦见警♥察♥知晓我所想的一切 又如何
Dreamed the police heard everything I thought… what then?
来到法庭 法官名叫霍夫曼
Well, I went to court and the judge’s name was Hoffman
你好 莎伦 她在哪儿
Hi , Sharon. where’s she at?
老地方
Oh, she’s in her usual spot.
-嗨 乔 -贝迪
– Hi, Joe! – Brady.
逃离现实
…to escape reality
今晚你会看见我 一脸邪恶的微笑
And you may see me tonight, with an illegal smile
这其实不难
It don’t cost very much…
-妈妈 -嘿 拿的什么
– Hey, mama. – Oh, hey. what you got there?
一篇介绍比利的新文章 还有他创作的理论
Oh… it’s a new article on Billy, and a theory he wrote hisself.
谢谢
Thank you.
古典学界新星
你知道吗
Ya know, I’ve been thinkin’.
或许你♥爸♥爸想要被杀掉
Maybe, maybe your daddy wanted to get killed.
我脑子里闪过一个画面 他冲向一架机关枪
Somehow, I got this picture of him, runnin’ toward a machine gun,
因为他宁可那样死去
because he’d rather die that way,
也不愿回到小迪克西
than come back to Little Dixie,
茫然地望着窗外 渐渐老去
and grow old, stare through a window.
鉴于他嗑遍了世界上所有的毒品
Well, seeing how he was on about every drug imaginable,
我才不会花时间去琢磨
I… I wouldn’t spend my time trying to figure out
三十年前他脑子里在想什么
what was in his head over 30 years ago.
你完全不记得他了吗
Do you remember him at all?
我记得第一次闻到大♥麻♥味儿就是在他身上
I remember smelling weed the first time… on him.
果然是有其父必有其子
Well, that certainly had its impact.
黛西 你为什么不搬回家
Daisy, why… why don’t you come home with us
跟我和柯琳住一阵子
and live with me and Colleen for awhile?
-是柯琳和我 -柯琳和我
– Colleen and me. – Colleen and me.
你到底懂语法吗
What’s your version of proper grammar?
押韵就行 你这算哪门子的问题
Rhythm, maybe. Dumb dutch question.
你比这里其他人年轻十几岁 太荒唐了
You’re 12 years younger than anyone in here. This is ridiculous!
我喜欢这里 可以随心所欲
I like it here. I can do what I want,
而且万一你被杀或是入狱
And I’m not eager to get stranded when you
我也不会落得无依无靠
get yourself killed or taken back to prison.
妈妈 柯琳怀孕了
Mama, Colleen is pregnant.
是吗
You don’t say?
我一直很想告诉你
I’ve been dying to tell ‘ya!
那么 恭喜你了
Ahhh, well, I’m happy for you.
你不开心吗 你要当奶奶了
Well, how ’bout you? You’re gonna be a grandma.
你会是个好丈夫吗
Are you gonna be a husband?
我还没死呢
I ain’t dead.
你父亲就是个懦弱的天才 荒废了一生
Your father was a freaked-out genius who wasted his life.
他本可以成就大事
He could have done anything.
他智商比你哥哥还高
Got a higher iq than your brother,
结果混得也就比你好那么一点
and he just passed you by.
我 我没想和比利一样
I… I… I ain’t tryin’ to keep up with Billy.
我不是他 他也不是我
I ain’t him, and he ain’t me.
妈妈 我现在这样挺好
Mama, I like who I am just fine.
你觉得我死前还能再见到他吗
You think I’ll see him again before I die?
我觉得要让他回来
I think it’s gonna take one of us dying
咱俩之中至少得死一个
to get him to come back down here.
行了 我走了
Well, nice sittin’ with ya.
谢谢
Thanks.
棒极了
Gorgeous.
真不错
This is wonderful.
我从没在普罗维登斯以外用过餐
I… I… I almost never eat out in Providence.
偶尔去联邦山 但次数甚少
Ya know, now and then on Federal Hill, but not nearly enough.
罗马皇帝 著有《沉思录》
听说你写的关于马可·奥勒留的书
I hear your book on Marcus Aurelius
在学界引起了轰动
has the whole community astir.
谢谢
Oh, thanks.
-是哪个出版社来着 -牛津
– Which press was that again? – Oxford.
普劳图斯作品 拉丁戏剧
去年你翻译的《孪生兄弟》也是由他们出版
But they did your translation of the Menaechmi last year.
没错 他们做得很好
They did. They’ve been terrific.
普劳图斯 你怎么会有那么多时间
Plautus. How do you find the time?
我没有业余生活
Well, I don’t have a life.
我上周看了一些你的自传材料
I read some biographical material on you last week, Bill.
你的出身并不好
You, ah, you come from humble beginnings.
确实
I do, yea.
-你家乡在哪儿 奥马哈 -俄克拉荷马
– Where was it? Omaha? – Oklahoma.
那你怎么没有口音
Oh, why don’t you, ah, why don’t you have an accent?
在我不懈努力下 它消失了
With some considerable effort, I lost it.
-你父亲是走私犯 -其实是我爷爷
– Your father was a bootlegger. – It was my grandfather, actually.
-太棒了 -怎么
– Fantastic. – Why fantastic?
我不知道 我们这种人的生活都如出一辙
I don’t know. So many of us were trained for this life.
贵族私立学校 父母也在学界
Fancy private schools, parents in academia.
看到自己闯出一片天的人 我总是很吃惊
I’m always astounded by those who made their own way.
谢谢 我的家庭是有点古怪
Oh, thank you. I, ah, my family is a bit eccentric.
我的一切知识都源于书本
I found discipline in books.
你可能不知道索伦森院长为何而来
Well, you’re probably wondering why Dean Sorenson is here.
比尔 我们想请你来法学院任职
Bill, we’d like to offer you a position in the law school.
你不是开玩笑吧
You can’t be serious?
我们一直很想加大哲学在课程中的比重
We’ve been wanting to incorporate more philosophy into the curriculum,
所以 一听说你正在犹豫
And when we got wind of your hesitancy
想离开布朗大学古典学系
in transferring up from Brown in classics,
我们就想出了这么一个主意
we came up with the idea of letting you create
由你来为我们的法学院学生创立一个系
your own institute for our law students.
我 我不知该如何回应
I, ah, don’t even know how to begin to respond.
这个消息来得太突然
That is such a precipitous offer.
慢慢品味这感觉
Savor it. Digest it.
这种美妙时刻 人生能有几回
Moments like this come too seldom in life.
的确如此
I, ah, I’ll say.