Certainly.
两千件兵器还不够 我需要五千件
2000 small arms, not enough. I need five.

Right.
还有钱,我要金币 他们不喜欢纸钞
Money. It’ll have to be sovereigns. They don’t like paper.
– 路易斯枪只的指导老师 – 好
– Instructors for the Lewis guns. – Right.
更多的钱
More money.
– 更多是多少? – 现在要两万五,日后要更多
– How much more? – 25,000 now. A lot more later.
– 戴丹? – 没问题,长官
– Dryden? – It can be done, sir.
几部武装车辆
A couple of armoured cars.

Right.
大炮
Field artillery.

Right.
我会尽力提供你需要的东西
I’ll give you every blessed thing I can…
因为我知道你会用到它们,恭喜
…because I know you’ll use it. Congratulations.
谢谢你们的招待,绅士们
Thank you for your hospitality, gentlemen.
恭喜!
Congratulations!
你真的要给他们大炮吗?长官
Are you really going to give them artillery, sir?
我很怀疑啊
I was wondering that, sir.
要把它们拿回来可能很难
Might be difficult to get it back.
给他们大炮,等于让他们独♥立♥
Give them artillery and you’ve made them independent.
那就不能给他们大炮,对吧?
Then I can’t give it to them, can I?
– 那是你的决定 – 不是
– For you to say. – No, it’s not.
我得遵守命令,谢天谢地
I’ve got orders to obey, thank God.
跟那个可怜的家伙不同
Not like that poor devil.
他像是在骑着旋风
He’s riding the whirlwind.
希望我们不是
Let’s hope we’re not.
(休息时间)
对不起,朋友 这些袋子是什么人的?
Excuse me, friend. Who do these bags belong to?
是费瑟王子的
To Prince Feisal.
– 你不是费瑟王子吧? – 我不是
– You’re not Prince Feisal? – No.
你认识他吗?
You know him though?
他是我的主人,我是他的仆人
He is my master. I am his servant.
你识字吗?
Can you read?
(J.E.班特利先生)
我是芝加哥快报的记者 但我文章在美国多家报社刊登
Chicago Courier is my paper, but my work is syndicated in America.
我从你的来信中知道了 班特利先生
I understood so from your letter, Mr. Bentley.
好了
Now…
– 我在哪里能找到劳伦斯少校? – 那是你来此地的目的吗?
– Where can I find Major Lawrence? – Is that what you have come for?
我不是只为了这件事而来
Not altogether, sir, no.
班特利先生 劳伦斯少校在我的军队里
Well, Mr. Bentley, you will find Major Lawrence with my army.
那就是我的意思,先生 我在哪里能找到你的军队?
That’s what I meant, sir. Where can I find your army?
我不知道
I don’t know.
– 上星期他们在艾尔盖拉附近 – 盖拉?
– Last week they were near El Ghira. – Ghira?
对,恐怕你得走上一段路 你会骑骆鸵吗?
Yes, I fear you have a long journey. Can you ride a camel?
– 我从来都没试过 – 那你骑骡子吧
– I’ve never tried. – Take a mule.
避开米拉哈,那里有土耳其人
Avoid Mellaha, the Turks are there.
他们现在在米拉哈? 他们的动作真快
In Mellaha now? They move fast.
没错
They do.
但没我们快,你会看到的
But not so fast as we do, you will find.
我自己…
Myself…
要到开罗去
…I am going to Cairo.
– 你是知道的 – 对
– As you know. – Yes.
那里有别的工作等着我去做
There’s work for me there of a different kind.

Yes.
我知道你一直都没拿到大炮
I understand you’ve been given no artillery.
– 没错 – 你陷入困境了?
– That is so. – You’re handicapped?
这让我们被局限在小事上
It restricts us to small things.
正是他们的计划
It’s intended to.
你认识艾伦比将军吗?
Do you know General Allenby?
小心艾伦比 他是个狡猾的家伙
Watch out for Allenby. He’s a slim customer.
– 对不起 – 他是个聪明人
– Excuse me? – A clever man.
狡猾的家伙,说的好
Slim customer. It’s very good.
我当然会小心他 你真的是太好心了
I’ll certainly watch out for him. You’re being very sympathetic.
殿下,美国人也曾是殖民
Your Highness, we Americans were once a colonial people.
我们当然会同情
We naturally feel sympathetic to any people…
那些为争取自♥由♥而努力的人
…who struggle for their freedom.
真的是太好了
Very gratifying.
还有我的目的跟你一样 你希望世人知道你的故事
Also, my interests are the same as yours. You want your story told.
我很需要一个这样的故事
I badly want a story to tell.
你在胡扯了,对吧?
Ah, now you are talking turkey, are you not?
我会派响导给你 并帮你写一封信的
I will give you a guide and a letter.
在我离开这里之前…
And before I leave here…
我得立刻离开
…which must be presently…
我会写下一些事实跟数字给你
…I will have some facts and figures put on paper for you.
你知道我们在破坏土耳其人的铁路
You know that we are destroying the Turkish railways.
是的,殿下
I do, sir.
劳伦斯少校负责这次的行动,对吧?
Major Lawrence is in charge of all this, is he?
我的军队是由沙漠部族所组成的
My army is made up of tribes.
部族是由族长所领导
The tribes are led by the tribal leaders.
你的人♥民♥很尊重劳伦斯少校吗?
Your people do think very highly of Major Lawrence?
没错,你说的对
Oh, yes. And the rightly.
班特利先生,在这个国家…
In this country, Mr. Bentley…
能够为战争带来胜利的人…
…the man who gives victory in battle is prized…
能得到最高的尊敬
…beyond every other man.
我现在就可以告诉你一个人…
One figure I can give you from my head…
因为我从没忘记过
…because it never leaves my head.
自从四个月前开始这项行动后 我们有…
Since starting this campaign four months ago, we have lost…
三十七人受伤…
…37 wounded…
一百五十六人死亡
…156 dead.
请注意死伤人数的比例不平衡
You remark the disproportion between our dead and wounded.

Yeah.
死者比伤者多了四倍
Four times as many.
那是因为 我们会杀了受伤太重的人
That’s because those too wounded to bring away, we ourselves kill.
我们不会让伤者 落入土耳其人手中
We leave no wounded for the Turks.
– 你是说…? – 我们不会让伤者落入敌人手中
– You mean…? – We leave no wounded for the Turks.
在他们的眼中 我们不是士兵而是叛徒
In their eyes, we are not soldiers but rebels.
叛徒不管是受伤还是健全 都不受日内瓦公约保护…
Rebels, wounded or whole, are not protected by the Geneva Code…
而且被敌人残忍♥地虐待着
…and are treated harshly.
有多残忍♥?
How harshly?
那种情况是你想像不到的
More harshly than I hope you can imagine.
我懂了
I see.
我们的囚犯受到妥善照顾 直到我们…
Our own prisoners are taken care of until the British…
根据公约把他们放给英国人
…can relieve us of them, according to the Code.
– 我希望你能记住这一点 – 是的,先生
– I should like you to notice that. – Yes, sir.
那是劳伦斯少校的影响吗?
Is that the influence of Major Lawrence?
你为什么会那么想?
Why should you suppose?
只是我在开罗听说…
It’s just that I heard in Cairo that…
劳伦斯少校讨厌杀人
…Major Lawrence has a horror of bloodshed.
事实的确如此
That is exactly so.
对劳伦斯少校而言 仁慈是他所爱的
With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion.
对我来说那只是一种好礼貌
With me, it is merely good manners.
你可以判断 哪一项动机比较信得过
You may judge which motive is the more reliable.
– 好了,或许… – 当然
– And now, perhaps… – Oh, sure, sure.
谢谢您,先生
Thank you, sir.
你能把信写得…?
Can you manage the letter…?
我会实践我说过的话…
I’ll do everything I have said…
只要你诚实地告诉我 你为何对…
…if you will tell me truly the nature of your interest…
我的人♥民♥跟劳伦斯少校的事有兴趣
…in my people and Major Lawrence.
很简单,先生 我在寻找一个英雄
It’s very simple, sir. I’m looking for a hero.
没错,你看起来 不像是个浪漫的人
Indeed. You do not seem a romantic man.

Oh, no.
但我老家那些有影响力的人相信…
But influential men back home believe it’s time for America…
美国该挺身而出对抗德国
…to lend her weight to the struggle against Germany.
跟土耳其
And Turkey.
我来采访新闻 告诉我的国人这场战争…
I’ve been sent to find material to show our people that this war is…
– 很好玩? – 不是那样的,先生
– Enjoyable? – Hardly that, sir.
是用更冒险的角度来报导它
But to show it in its more adventurous aspects.
你在寻找一个能让 你的国家参战的人
You look for a figure who will draw your country towards war.
好吧,对
All right. Yes.
劳伦斯是你要的人
Lawrence is your man.
停火!
Stop!
停火!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!