First I want a room. With a bed, with sheets.
– 对,当然 – 那是给他的
– Yes, of course. – It’s for him.
对,你要一张自己的床,对吧?
Right. You want a bed yourself, don’t you?
但先去见艾伦比吧
See Allenby first, though.
他会见我吗?
Will he see me?
我想会的
I think so.
那么就去做吧
Do that, then.
– 我最好去刮个胡子 – 对,没错
– I’d better shave. – Yes, you had.
你最好去换条裤子
You’d better get into some trousers too.
不自律
“Undisciplined.
不守时
Unpunctual.
不整洁
Untidy.
数种语言
Several languages.
音乐
Knowledge of music…
文学的知识
…literature.
知识…
Knowledge of…
知识…
Knowledge of…”
毫无疑问地你是个有趣的人
You’re an interesting man, there’s no doubt about it.
– 谁要你拿下阿卡巴 – 没有人
– Who told you to take Aqaba? – Nobody.
– 长官 – 长官
– Sir. – Sir.
那么你为什么要那么做?
Then why did you?
– 阿卡巴很重要 – 为什么它很重要?
– Aqaba’s important. – Why is it important?
– 那是土耳其人到运河的路线 – 不再是了
– It’s the Turkish route to the canal. – Not anymore.
– 他们现在从比尔沙巴走 – 我知道,但我们进入了加萨
– They’re coming through Beersheba. – I know, but we’ve gone to Gaza.
– 所以呢? – 拿下阿卡巴对你来说很重要
– So? – So that left Aqaba behind your right.
真的
True.
当你到耶路撒冷时 阿卡巴对你来说就更重要了
And it will be further behind your right when you go for Jerusalem.
我要到耶路撒冷去?
Am I going for Jerusalem?
对
Yes.
非常好
Very well.
阿卡巴对我来说很重要
Aqaba behind my right.
它能威胁艾尔阿瑞许跟加萨
It threatened EI’ Arish and Gaza.
还有别的吗?
Anything else?
有
Yes.
阿卡巴跟麦地纳相连
Aqaba’s linked with Medina.
你觉得我们现在 要把他们赶出麦地纳吗?
Do you think we should shift them out of Medina now?
不,我想你们 应该把他们留在那里
No. I think you should leave them there.
你在没接到 命令的情况下擅自行动
You acted without orders, you know.
军官不是随时 都该主动进取吗?
Shouldn’t officers use their initiative at all times?
事实上不然,那太危险了
Not really. It’s awfully dangerous.
对,我知道
Yes, I know.
你已经知道了?
Already?
对
Yes.
我要把你升上少校
I’m promoting you major.
我不觉得那是个好主意
I don’t think that’s a very good idea.
我没问你意见,我要你回去…
I didn’t ask you. I want you to go back…
继续执行你的成果
…and carry on the good work.
不,谢谢您,长官
No. Thank you, sir.
– 为什么不? – 我,那个…
– Why not? – Well, I, it’s…
我想想看…
Let me see now…
我杀了两个人,我是说阿♥拉♥伯人
I killed two people. I mean, two Arabs.
其中一个是个孩子
One was a boy.
那是…
That was…
昨天的事
…yesterday.
我把他领进流沙里
I led him into a quicksand.
另一个是个男人
The other was a man.
那是在…
That was…
我们拿下阿卡巴之前的事
…before Aqaba, anyway.
我得用我的枪来处决他
I had to execute him with my pistol.
我不喜欢这样的事
There was something about it I didn’t like.
– 当然 – 不,还有别的事
– Well, naturally. – No. Something else.
没关系,把它当成是个警告吧
That’s all right. Let it be a warning.
不,还有别的事
No. Something else.
什么事?
What, then?
我喜欢那样
I enjoyed it.
胡说八道,你疯了,你太累了
Rubbish. Rubbish and nerves. You’re tired.
你打扮成那样是什么意思? 你现在是业余演员?
What do you mean coming dressed like that? Amateur theatricals?
对,没错
Yes. Entirely.
让我看看那个像帽子的东西
Let me see that hat thing or whatever it is.
他们的装备很棒
Fascinating gear they wear.
我穿起来怎么样?哈利
How would I look in this, Harry?
– 很可笑,长官 – 拿去,你留着吧
– Damn ridiculous, sir. – Here, you keep it.
我想说的是我并不适合
What I’m trying to say is I don’t think I’m fit for it.
真的吗?你觉得呢?戴丹
Really? What do you think, Dryden?
在他那么做之前,长官 我会说那是不可能的
Before he did it, sir, I’d have said it couldn’t be done.
– 布莱顿? – 我知道他的想法
– Brighton? – I know what he thinks.
我想你该进行授勋典礼
I think you should recommend a decoration, sir.
我觉得他的动机不重要
I don’t think it matters what his motives were.
他指挥军队很出色
It was a brilliant bit of soldiering.
– 柏金斯先生! – 长官!
– Mr. Perkins! – Sir!
我们去喝一杯吧,男士们
Let’s have a drink, gentlemen.
– 你听说了吗?柏金斯先生 – 我听说了
– You’ve heard about this, Mr. Perkins? – Yes, sir.
– 你觉得如何? – 真的是太棒,长官,做得好
– What do you think about it? – Bloody marvellous, sir. Well done.
– 谢谢你,柏金斯先生 – 长官
– Thank you, Mr. Perkins. – Sir!
那么来吧
Come on, then.
你是个聪明人
You’re a clever man, sir.
不,我懂得把握机会
No, but I know a good thing when I see one.
那很公平,对吧?
That’s fair, surely?
若我得在耶路撒冷那边有突破 我得集中力量,不是消散力量
If I need a breakthrough to Jerusalem, I must concentrate, not dissipate.
– 太棒了 – 你懂吗?
– Bravo. – You know better?
我跟克劳西威兹般作战 然后你像萨克森一样作战
I fight like Clausewitz, then you fight like Saxe.
我们可以做得很好,对吧?
We should do very well indeed, shouldn’t we?
男士们,轻松点
Easy, gentlemen, please.
– 麻烦你端杯酒来 – 没问题
– Give us something to drink. – Of course, sir.
我是受劳伦斯少校之邀前来的
I’m here at the invitation of Major Lawrence.
崔西
Tracy.
我们要到外面去吗?
Shall we go outside?
你牵制住土耳其的沙漠军队了?
So you hold bound the Turkish desert army?
对
Yes.
用一千个阿♥拉♥伯人?
With 1000 Arabs?
一千个阿♥拉♥伯人 代表一千把刀子
1000 Arabs means 1000 knives.
不论日夜他们随时待命
Delivered anywhere, day or night.
代表着一千只骆鸵
It means 1000 camels.
那代表一千包的炸♥药♥ 跟一千把的来♥福♥枪♥
That means 1000 packs of high explosives and 1000 crack rifles.
当土耳其人还在团团转时 我们可以越过阿♥拉♥伯
We can cross Arabia while Johnny Turk is still turning round.
我要粉碎他们的铁路
I’ll smash his railways.
当他们忙着修护铁路时 我会在别地发动破坏行动
While he mends, I’ll smash them somewhere else.
在十三个星期内 我可以让阿♥拉♥伯陷于混乱
In 13 weeks I can have Arabia in chaos.
那么你要回去啰?
You are going back, then?
对
Yes.
我当然要回去
Of course I’m going back.
如果我们想得到 那么土耳其人也想得到
Well, if we can see it, so can the Turk.
如果他们发现得用四个军队 来防守一小群的土匪…
If he finds he’s using four divisions to fend off a handful of bandits…
他们会撤退的
…he’ll withdraw.
他们不敢撤退的 阿♥拉♥伯是他们帝国的一部份
He daren’t withdraw. Arabia’s part of his empire.
如果他们现在离开 他们永远都无法回来了
If he gets out now, he’ll never get back again.
– 不知道谁能拥有此地 – 没有人可以
– I wonder who will. – No one will.
阿♥拉♥伯现在是阿♥拉♥伯人的
Arabia’s for the Arabs now.
反正我是那么告诉他们的
That’s what I’ve told them anyway.
他们是那么想的
That’s what they think.
– 那就是他们战斗的原因 – 当然
– That’s why they’re fighting. – Oh, surely.
他们只有一个怀疑
They’ve only one suspicion.
我们让他们赶走土耳其人 然后自己占据了阿♥拉♥伯
That we’ll let them drive the Turks out and then move in ourselves.
我告诉他们那是不对的 我们对阿♥拉♥伯没兴趣
I’ve told them that that’s false, that we have no ambitions in Arabia.
是吗?
Have we?
谢天谢地,我不是政客
I’m not a politician, thank God.
我们对阿♥拉♥伯有兴趣吗?戴丹
Have we any ambition in Arabia, Dryden?
这是个很难的问题
Difficult question, sir.
我想知道能否以你之名告诉他们
I want to know, sir, if I can tell them in your name…
我们对阿♥拉♥伯没兴趣
…that we’ve no ambitions in Arabia.
当然可以