该死,你长得真像你父亲
Alas, you resemble your father.
– 奥达是在奉承我 – 你很容易就被奉承了
– Auda flatters me. – You are easily flattered.
我跟你父亲很熟
I knew your father well.
你认识你父亲吗?
Did you know your own?
我们有五十个人,你们只有两个 我们开枪射杀你们如何?
We are 50, you are two. How if we shot you down?
那么哈威塔特人会跟你们结下梁子
Why, then you have a blood feud with the Howeitat.
– 你希望那样吗? – 在开罗的将军…
– Do you desire it? – Not the generals in Cairo…
跟土耳其国王都不希望这样
…nor the sultan himself desire that.
叫你的人退下
Call off your men.
这光荣是属于无价值的
This honours the unworthy.
我才刚开始教他
I’ve only just begun to teach him.
你今天教了他什么? 哈威塔特人的待客之道?
And what are you teaching him today? Howeitat hospitality?
别耍嘴皮子,英国人
Be not clever with me, English.
– 他是谁? – 他是费瑟王子的朋友
– Who is he? – A friend of Prince Feisal’s.
– 你希望我殷勤款待你? – 对
– So you desire my hospitality? – Yes.
他是你舌头吗?
Is he your tongue?
我们真的很希望
We do desire it.
如果你要的话,我会答应你的
Then it is given, if you will take it.
我在我的夏日别♥墅♥ 那是个简陋的地方
I’m at my summer camp, a poor place.
对我来说那是个简陋的地方 有些人觉得那里很棒
Well, to me it seems a poor place. Some men find it marvellous.
明天或许我会准土耳其人买♥♥下你 费瑟的朋友
Tomorrow, maybe I will allow the Turks to buy you, friends of Feisal.
但是…
But…
跟我共进晚餐吧
…dine with me.
跟奥达一起用餐,英国人
Dine with Auda, English.
跟哈威塔特人一起用餐 哈利斯人
Dine with the Howeitat, Harith.
我很荣幸能跟你 一起在万迪拉姆用餐!
It is my pleasure that you dine with me in Wadi Rumm!
你要进攻阿卡巴的事…
This thing you work against Aqaba…
你希望得到什么好处呢?
…what profit do you hope from it?
我们是为了麦加的费瑟才这么做的
We work it for Feisal of Mecca.
哈利斯人做事不是为了求好处
The Harith do not work for profit.
如果有人一定要当仆人的话 阿里长官…
Well, if it is in a man to be a servant, Sherif Ali…
也算是个好主人
…he could find worse masters than Feisal.
但我不能那么做
But I… I cannot serve.
你允许土耳其人待在阿卡巴
You permit the Turks to stay in Aqaba.
对,那是我的荣幸
Yes, it is my pleasure.
我们这么做不是为了费瑟
We do not work this thing for Feisal.
是吗?
No?
– 那么是为了英国人? – 是为了阿♥拉♥伯人
– For the English, then? – For the Arabs.
阿♥拉♥伯人?
The Arabs?
哈威塔特,阿吉亚尔,鲁阿♥拉♥ 班尼夏卡尔,我知道这些部族
The Howeitat, Ageyil, Ruala, Beni Sahkr, these I know.
我听说过哈利斯人
I have even heard of the Harith.
但是阿♥拉♥伯人?
But the Arabs?
那是什么部族?
What tribe is that?
他们是奴隶 他们服侍土耳其人
They’re a tribe of slaves. They serve the Turks.
他们对我来说什么都不是
Well, they are nothing to me.
我是哈威塔特人
My tribe is the Howeitat.
做事只求好处
Who work only for profit.
我们做事只为了取悦奥达
Who work at Auda’s pleasure.
而奥达的乐趣在于服侍土耳其人
And Auda’s pleasure is to serve the Turks.
服侍?
Serve?
我会服侍人?
I serve?
拿钱的人是仆人
It is the servant who takes money.
我是奥达阿布塔耶
I am Auda Abu Tayi.
– 奥达会服侍人吗? – 不
– Does Auda serve? – No!
– 奥达会服侍人吗? – 不
– Does Auda Abu Tayi serve? – No!
我身上的二十三处伤痕 都是在战争中受的伤
I carry 23 great wounds, all got in battle.
我在战争中亲手杀了七十五个人
75 men have I killed with my own hands, in battle.
我屠♥杀♥燃烧敌人的帐篷 我夺走他们的族人跟牲畜
I scatter, I burn my enemies tents. I take away their flocks and herds.
土耳其人付我金子 但我还是很穷!
The Turks pay me a golden treasure, yet I am poor!
因为我是人♥民♥的河流
Because I am a river to my people.
那是服侍吗?
Is that service?
不是
No.
看来奥达老了
And yet now it seems Auda has grown old.
失去了他的战斗力
And lost his taste for fighting.
你敢在我的帐篷里这么说 真是大胆
It is well you say it in my tent, thou old tulip.
这个胆大的人 是土耳其人收买♥♥不了的
Yet this is a tulip that the Turks could not buy.
他们为什么要收买♥♥他?
Why should they wish to?
好了
Now…
我告诉你他们给我什么 你告诉我这是否是…
I will tell you what they pay me, and you will tell me if this is…
仆人的薪水
…a servant’s wages.
他们每个月付我…
They pay me, month by month…
一百个金币
…100 golden guineas.
是一百五十个,奥达
150, Auda.
– 是谁告诉你的? – 我的耳朵挺尖的
– Who told you that? – I have long ears.
你的舌头也很长
And a long tongue between them.
一百跟一百五十有什么差别? 那只不过是一点钱
100, 150, what matters? It’s a trifle.
他们是从一个大箱子 拿出这么一点钱来的
A trifle which they take from a great box they have.
在阿卡巴
In Aqaba.
– 在阿卡巴 – 不然还有哪里?
– In Aqaba? – Where else?
你像女人一样令我烦心
You trouble me like women.
朋友,我们太愚蠢了 奥达不会去的
Friends, we’ve been foolish. Auda will not come to Aqaba.
– 为了钱? – 不
– For money? – No.
– 为了费瑟? – 不
– For Feisal? – No!
也不是为了赶走土耳其人
Nor to drive away the Turks.
他会去…
He will come…
因为那是他的荣幸
…because it is his pleasure.
你妈跟蝎子上♥床♥
Thy mother mated with a scorpion.
愿老天爷领导你们!
Make God your agent!
阿卡巴!
Aqaba!
阿卡巴!
Aqaba!
愿真♥主♥与你同在
God be with you.
愿真♥主♥与你同在
God be with you.
愿真♥主♥与你同在
God be with you.
愿真♥主♥与你同在
God be with you.

Yes.
阿卡巴
Aqaba.
明天我们会拿下它
Tomorrow we will go and get it.
– 你觉得我们会成功吗? – 会
– Do you think we shall? – Yes.
如果枪炮的事你没说错
If you are right about the guns.
他杀人,他得死
He killed. He dies.
阿卡巴的事到此结束
This is the end of Aqaba.
我们的人杀了奥达的手下
One of our men murdered Auda’s man.
为什么?
Why?
小偷?世仇?为什么并不重要
Theft? Blood feud? It makes no matter why.
阿里!
Ali!
那是道旧伤口
It is an ancient wound.
我不是来这里看部族血战的
I didn’t come here to watch a tribal bloodbath.
这是法律,劳伦斯
It is the law, Lawrence.
法律说这个人得死
The law says the man must die.
如果他死了 哈威塔特人就满意了?
If he dies, will that content the Howeitat?

Yes.
阿里长官!
Sherif Ali!
如果奥达大人的手下 不伤害你们…
If none of Lord Auda’s men harms any of yours…
– 那么哈利斯人会满足吗? – 对
…will that content the Harith? – Yes.
那么我要执行法律
Then I will execute the law.
我没有部族
I have no tribe.
没人犯法
And no one is offended.
嘉西姆
Gasim.
那是你做的吗?
Did you do it?
劳伦斯
Well, Lawrence…
英国人在烦恼什么?
What ails the Englishman?
他杀的那个人是 他从尼法德沙漠救回来的
That that he killed was the man he brought out of the Nefud.
那么那是注定好的
It was written, then.
早知不去救他
Better to have left him.
这是在行刑,劳伦斯 没有什么可耻的
It was execution, Lawrence. No shame in that.
而且这是必要的
Besides, it was necessary.
你让他生,又让他死
You gave life and you took it.
还是由你注定
The writing is still yours.
奥达阿布塔耶!
Auda Abu Tayi!
奇迹发生了
The miracle is accomplished.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!