从这里到另一边,没有水源 只有我们带来的水
From here until the other side, no water but what we carry.
骆鸵根本没水喝
For the camels, no water at all.
如果骆鸵死了…
If the camels die…
我们就死定了
…we die.
在二十天后,他们会开始死亡
And in 20 days they will start to die.
那么我们别浪费时间了,对吧?
There’s no time to waste, then, is there?
我在思考
I was thinking.
你在打瞌睡
You were drifting.
对,以后不会再发生这种事了
Yes. It will not happen again.
小心,你在打瞌睡
Be warned, you were drifting.
以后不会再发生这种事了
It will not happen again.
那些水浪费了
That water is wasted.
从现在开始我们要在晚上出发
From now on, we must travel by night…
热到不能行走时就休息
…and rest while it is too hot to travel.
每天只能走几小时
A few hours each day.
我们为什么不现在出发呢?
Why don’t we start now?
不,我们现在休息
No. We will rest now.
三小时
Three hours.
好吧
Fine.
我会叫你的
I’ll wake you.
我们要在这里休息?
Do we rest here?
没有水,现在别休息
There is no rest now short of water.
那儿的另一边
The other side of that.
那边有多少那儿呢?
And how much of that is there?
我不确定
I’m not sure.
但不管有多少,我们得在 明天太阳升起前越过它
But however much, it must be crossed before tomorrow’s sun gets up.
这是个太阳的铁砧
This is the sun’s anvil.
完成了吗?
Have we done it?
还没,但我们逃过一劫
No, but we’re off the anvil.
谢天谢地
Thank God for that anyway.
对,谢天谢地
Yes, thank Him.
劳伦斯,我想你不知道 你是怎么唆使祂的
Lawrence, I do not think you know how you have tempted Him.
我知道
I know.
我们完成了
We’ve done it.
上天保佑
God willing.
我们何时能到达水井?
When do we reach the wells?
上天保佑,中午
God willing, midday.
– 那么我们成功了 – 感谢上天吧,劳伦斯
– Then we’ve done it. – Thank Him, Lawrence. Thank Him.
是嘉西姆的
Gasim’s.
他怎么了?
What’s happened to him?
天知道
God knows.
你为什么不停下来?
Why don’t you stop?
为什么?他中午就会死的
For what? He will be dead by midday.
我们得回去
We must go back.
为什么?为了跟嘉西姆一起死吗?
What for, to die with Gasim?
一小时内太阳会升起
In one hour comes the sun.
以上天为名,听清楚! 我们不能回头!
In God’s name, understand! We cannot go back!
我可以
I can.
把那些男孩带着
Take the boys.
如果你回头,你会害自己没命的
If you go back, you kill yourself, is all.
你已经杀了嘉西姆
Gasim you have killed already.
滚开
Get out of my way.
嘉西姆的时间到了,劳伦斯 那是注定的
Gasim’s time is come, Lawrence. It is written.
没有什么事是注定的!
Nothing is written!
那么掉头吧!
Go back, then!
你为什么凭着你咒神又自大地 带着我们来到此地?
What did you bring us here for with your blasphemous conceit?
咒神的英国人!
English blasphemer!
阿卡巴?
Aqaba?
那是阿卡巴吗?
Was it Aqaba?
你到不了阿卡巴的,英国人!
You will not be at Aqaba, English!
掉头吧,咒神狂
Go back, blasphemer…
但你到不了阿卡巴的!
…but you will not be at Aqaba.
我会去阿卡巴的
I shall be at Aqaba.
那是注定的…
That is written.
在这里
In here.
英国人!
English!
英国人!
English!
劳伦斯!杜德!
Lawrence! Daud!
没有什么事是注定的
Nothing is written.
艾尔劳伦斯
Al Lawrence.
法拉吉
Farraj.
洗一洗
Wash.
艾尔劳伦斯
Al Lawrence.
真的,那些不相信命运的人 总是要眼见为凭
Truly, for some men nothing is written unless they write it.
不是艾尔劳伦斯 只是劳伦斯
Not Al Lawrence. Just Lawrence.
– 艾尔劳伦斯比较好 – 没错
– AI Lawrence is better. – True.
你♥爸♥爸也一样吗? 只是劳伦斯先生
Your father too, just Mr. Lawrence?
我父亲是汤犸斯查普曼爵士
My father is Sir Thomas Chapman.
– 他是个贵族吗? – 算是吧
– Is that a lord? – A kind of lord.
当他死了之后,你会继承他的地位
Then when he dies, you too will be a lord.

No.
你有哥哥
You have an elder brother.
但我不明白,你父亲姓查普曼
But then, I do not understand this. Your father’s name is Chapman.
他没娶我母亲
He didn’t marry my mother.
我懂了
I see.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
那么我想你可以 自♥由♥地选择你的姓氏
It seems to me that you are free to choose your own name, then.
对,我想是的
Yes, I suppose I am.
艾尔劳伦斯是最棒的
Al Lawrence is best.
好吧,那就叫艾尔劳伦斯吧
All right, I’ll settle for Al Lawrence.
这是班尼威哈长官的袍子
They are the robes of a sherif of the Beni Wejh.
非常好
Very fine.
– 我很荣幸 – 我们也很荣幸,您好,长官
– Great honour. – The honour is to us. Salaam, sherif.
– 可以这样吗? – 当然
– Is it permitted? – Surely.
没有注定姓氏的人可以 自♥由♥地注定你的家族
He for whom nothing is written may write himself a clan.
穿了袍子骑骆鸵很方便,试试看
They are good for riding. Try.
你在做什么?英国人
What are you doing, Englishman?
你都看到了
As you see.
你一个人吗?
Are you alone?
差不多吧
Almost.
你跟那些从我井里 取水喝的狗在一起吗?
Are you with those dogs drinking at my well?
那是你的井?
Yours?
我是奥达阿布塔耶
I am Auda Abu Tayi.
我听说过另一个跟你同名的人
I’ve heard of another man of that name.
另一个人?什么另一个人?
Other? What other?
我听说过的那个奥达 不需要别人帮忙保护他的水井
The Auda I’d heard of wouldn’t need to summon help to look after his wells.
他一定是个大英雄
He must be a great hero.
是的
He is.
他不会拒绝提供水 给从尼法德沙漠走出来的人
He wouldn’t refuse water to men coming out of Nefud Desert.
是吗?
Now, would he not?
对,所以他一定是另一个人
No, that must be some other man.
我的助手来了
Here is my help.
孩子,这是什么服装?
Son, what fashion is this?
– 这是哈利斯的服装 – 哈利斯的什么部族?
– Harith, Father. – What manner of Harith?
这是班尼威哈长官的袍子
A Beni Wejh sherif.
他是哈利斯人吗?
And is he Harith?
不,他是英国人
No, Father, English.
孩子
Son…
他们在偷我们的水
…they are stealing our water.
告诉他们我们来了
Tell them we are coming.
告诉他们
Tell them.
– 倒光它! – 不要!
– Empty that! – Do not!
我是哈威塔特的奥达
It is Auda of the Howeitat who speaks.
我是哈利斯的阿里
It is Ali of the Harith who answers.
哈利斯
Harith.
阿里
Ali.
你父亲还在偷东西吗?
Does your father still steal?
没有了
No.
奥达把我误认为 他自己的私生子吗?
Does Auda take me for one of his own bastards?
不,根本一点都不像
No. There is no resemblance.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!