该死! 你听谁的命令呢?
Damn it! Who do you take your orders from?
在费瑟的帐篷里 当然是费瑟殿下
From Lord Feisal, in Feisal’s tent.
老笨蛋!为什么问完他后问他 他们一个是主人,一个是随从
Old fool! Why turn from him to him? They are master and man.
殿下,我认为…
My lord, I think…
我认为你的书说的对
I think your book is right.
沙漠是个没有船的海洋
The desert is an ocean in which no oar is dipped.
在这片海洋中贝都因人…
On this ocean, the Bedu go where they please…
想去哪里,想攻击那里都行
…and strike where they please.
贝都因人一直是这样作战的
This is the way the Bedu has always fought.
你因这个战法而名闻世界
You’re famed through the world for fighting this way.
你现在正需要这样打法
And this is the way you should fight now.
我不知道
I don’t know.
抱歉,先生,你错了
I’m sorry, sir, but you’re wrong.
撤退回阳波,阿♥拉♥伯提升组织 将成为英军的一个单位
Fall back on Yenbo, the Arab Rising becomes one unit in the British army.
– 对你来说这有什么好处? – 你是个叛徒
– What is this to you? – You’re a traitor.
不,上校
No, colonel.
他是个年轻人,年轻人充满了热忱
He is a young man, and young men are passionate.
他们得说出想说的话
They must say their say.
但聪明人得下决定 我知道你是对的
But wiser people must decide. I know you are right.
那么,我们何时走?越快越好
Very well. When shall we move? The sooner the better.
你今晚会失去五十个手下
You’ll lose another 50 men tonight.
你的语气很强硬
You tread heavily…
但你说的话都是真的
…but you speak the truth.
我明天会告诉你答案 但是现在…
I will give you my answer tomorrow. And now…
已经很晚了
…it is late.
布莱顿上校想把我的人…
Colonel Brighton means to put my men…
纳入欧洲军官麾下,对吧?
…under European officers, does he not?
可以说,是的
In effect, my lord, yes.
我必须这么做
And I must do it…
因为土耳其人有欧洲人的枪
…because the Turks have European guns.
但我害怕这么做
But I fear to do it…
我以灵魂发誓,我真的怕
…upon my soul I do.
英国人对荒凉之地比较有兴趣
The English have a great hunger for desolate places.
我怕他们想拿下阿♥拉♥伯
I fear they hunger for Arabia.
那你得挺身抵抗
Then you must deny it to them.
你是英国人,你不忠于英国吗?
You are an Englishman. Are you not loyal to England?
我效忠于英国跟其他事情
To England and to other things.
你同时效忠于英国跟阿♥拉♥伯?
To England and Arabia both?
那可能吗?
And is that possible?
我觉得你是 那种喜欢沙漠的英国人
I think you are another of these desert- Ioving English.
多夫提,史丹霍普
Doughty, Stanhope…
卡杜姆的葛登
…Gordon of Khartoum.
阿♥拉♥伯人不喜欢沙漠
No Arab loves the desert.
我们喜欢水跟绿树 在沙漠里什么都没有
We love water and green trees. There is nothing in the desert.
人都是有需求的
And no man needs nothing.
或是你们觉得 我们是你们能玩弄的东西
Or is it that you think we are something you can play with…
因为我们是弱小愚蠢的民族
…because we are a little people, a silly people…
贪婪,野蛮又残忍♥?
…greedy, barbarous and cruel?
中尉,你知道 在阿♥拉♥伯的卡杜巴市…
Or do you know, lieutenant, in the Arab city of Cordoba…
有两里长的街道设有路灯
…were two miles of lighting in the streets…
当时伦敦还只是个小村子
…when London was a village.
对,你们很伟大
Yes, you were great.
那是九世纪前的事
Nine centuries ago.
该是你们恢复光荣的时候了,殿下
Time to be great again, my lord.
所以我父亲 决定对土耳其人发动战争
Which is why my father made this war upon the Turks.
劳伦斯先生,是我父亲 不是英国人
My father, Mr. Lawrence, not the English.
但我父亲老了
But my father is old…
而我…
…and I…
我渴望着废弃的卡杜巴花♥园♥
…I long for the vanished gardens of Cordoba.
然而在得到花♥园♥前 得先经历苦战
However, before the gardens must come the fighting.
要再度恢复光荣 看起来我们需要英国人
To be great again, it seems that we need the English…
或是…
…or…
或是?
Or?
没有人能提供的东西 劳伦斯先生
What no man can provide, Mr. Lawrence.
我们需要奇迹
We need a miracle.
阿卡巴
Aqaba.
阿卡巴
Aqaba.
从陆地进攻
From the land.
你疯了
You are mad.
经由陆路到阿卡巴 我们得越过尼法德沙漠
To come to Aqaba by land we should have to cross the Nefud Desert.
没错
That’s right.
没人能越过尼法德沙漠
The Nefud cannot be crossed.
如果你愿意的话,我可以穿越过它
I’ll cross it if you will.
你?只靠罗盘是办不到的,英国人
You? It takes more than a compass, Englishman.
尼法德沙漠是真♥主♥创造出来 最可怕的地方
The Nefud is the worst place God created.
我无法为地点做主 我只能为自己作主
I can’t answer for the place. Only for myself.
五十个士兵?
Fifty men?
只靠五十个士兵拿下阿卡巴?
Fifty? Against Aqaba?
如果这五十个人 能穿越尼法德沙漠
If 50 men came out of the Nefud…
会有其他人 加入这五十个人的行列
…they would be 50 men other men might join.
听说霍威塔特人在那里
The Howeitat are there, I hear.
霍威塔特人是土匪 他们愿意把自己出♥卖♥♥♥给任何人
The Howeitat are brigands. They’ll sell themselves to anyone.
– 但他们是好战士 – 没错
– Good fighters, though. – Good…
对,阿卡巴有枪炮
Yes. There are guns at Aqaba.
枪炮都面对大海,阿里长官 而且都无法转向
They face the sea, Sherif Ali, and cannot be turned around.
就内陆这个方面来说 在阿卡巴没有枪
From the landward side, there are no guns at Aqaba.
是有理由的 我们无法从内陆接近阿卡巴
With good reason. It cannot be approached from the landward side.
土耳其人绝对想像不到的
Certainly the Turks don’t dream of it.
阿卡巴在那里
Aqaba’s over there.
现在只要决定去
It’s only a matter of going.
你疯了
You are mad.
你要去哪里?中尉
And where are you going, lieutenant?
还带着我的五十个兄弟
With 50 of my men.
去实现你的奇迹
To work your miracle.
咒骂神明不是旅程的好开始
Blasphemy is a bad beginning for such a journey.
– 谁跟你说的? – 阿里
– Who told you? – Ali did.
为什么不是你呢?
Why not you?
你要从阳波撤退吗?
You are falling back from Yenbo, sir?
对,我必须撤退
Yes, I must.
但我会让你不必如此
But I will spare these to you.
阿里是否违反誓言告诉我?
Did Ali break confidence to tell me?
阿里长官对你效忠,殿下
Sherif Ali owes you his allegiance, my lord.
但你没告诉布莱顿上校
Yet you did not tell Colonel Brighton.

No.
既然你知道…
Since you do know…
我们可以以麦加费瑟之名展开远征
…we can claim to arrive in the name of Feisal of Mecca.
对,劳伦斯中尉,你可以那么说
Yes, Lieutenant Lawrence, you may claim it.
但你要以谁之名展开远征呢?
But in whose name do you ride?
长官,我抓到他们 他们一直在跟踪我们
Sherif, I caught them. They have tracked us.
他们来到这里,我抓到他们
They were here. I caught them.
你们为什么要来这里?小子
Why are you here? Boy!
为了服侍劳伦斯大人,沙利夫
To serve Lord Lawrence, sherif.
真的,劳伦斯 他们真的希望那么做
This is true, Lawrence. They do wish it.
你们一直在跟踪我们
You have been tracking us.
– 你奉命要留下来 – 不,沙利夫
– You were told to stay. – No, sherif.
我们的骆鸵迷路了 我们跟着他走
Our camel strayed. We followed her.
他带我们来这里 当劳伦斯大人的随从
She led us here to be Lord Lawrence’s servants.
– 这是阿♥拉♥的旨意 – 你们轻视神明
– It is the will of Allah. – Blasphemy.
别那么做!
Don’t do that.
不,劳伦斯,这些人不是随从 他们是无父无母,被放逐的人
No, Lawrence, these are not servants. These are outcasts, parent- less.
我得警告你,他们并不适合
Be warned. They are not suitable.
他们听起来挺适合的 你们负责载运行李
They sound very suitable. You can ride with the baggage.
他们不是随从,他们是朝圣者
These are not servants. These are worshippers.
每星期一先令?
One shilling, every week?
那很公平
That is fair.
– 每个人吗? – 不
– Each? – No.
– 那太多了 – 好吧
– That is too much. – All right.
能被你雇用是他们运气好 阿♥拉♥喜欢仁慈的人
They will be lucky for you. Allah favours the compassionate.
铁路在那边
There is the railway.
那边是沙漠
And that is the desert.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!