他得到阳波去找向导 找到阿♥拉♥伯人然后回来
He has to get to Yenbo, find a guide, find the Arabs and then get back.
他在六星期内是办不到的
He can’t do that in six weeks.
– 那么就两个月吧 – 三个月
– Two months, then. – Three.
好吧,三个月,好了 可以让我做点工作了吗?戴丹
All right, three. Now, will you let me do some work, Mr. Dryden?
谢谢您,长官
Thank you, sir.
我想说的是我很高兴 您做了这样的决定
I’d like to say, sir, that I am grateful for this.
闭上你的嘴,快滚出去
Shut up and get out.
长官
Sir?
没有该死的大炮 我要怎么打赢一场战争?
How can I fight a bloody war without bloody artillery?
– 你是怎么办到? – 你该问我♥干♥嘛这么为你费心
– How did you do it? – Might better ask why I bothered to.
– 因为我是最合适的人 – 我真不知道
– Because I’m the man for the job. – I just wonder about that.
我当然是啰 对了,任务内容是什么?
Of course I am. What is the job, by the way?
去找费瑟王子
Find Prince Feisal.
好,找到他之后呢?
Good. And when I’ve found him?
查出他是什么样的人
Find out what kind of a man he is.
查出他有什么企图 不是立即的企图
Find out what his intentions are. Not his immediate intentions.
那是布莱顿上校的事 不是你的事
That is Colonel Brighton’s business, not yours.
我是说他在阿♥拉♥伯所有的企图
I mean, his intentions in Arabia altogether.
那可新奇了
That’s new.
他们现在在哪里?
Where are they now?
在麦地纳方圆三百里内
Anywhere within 300 miles of Medina.
他们是哈希米特贝都因人
They’re Hashemite Bedouins.
他们可以在一天内 在沙漠中行走六十里
They can cross 60 miles of desert in a day.
谢谢你,戴丹,这一定会很有趣
Thanks. This is going to be fun.
劳伦斯,沙漠里只有 两种人物可以享乐
Lawrence, only two kinds of creature get fun in the desert:
就是贝都因人跟神,你两者都不是 记住我的话
Bedouins and gods, and you’re neither. Take it from me.
对普通人来说 那里像是个炙热的火炉
For ordinary men, it’s a burning fiery furnace.
不,戴丹,一定会很好玩的
No, Dryden. It’s going to be fun.
大家都认为你的幽默感很有趣
It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun.
你可以在这里喝点水
Here you may drink.
一杯就好
One cup.
你不喝?
You do not drink?
我不要
No.
你喝我才喝
I’ll drink when you do.
我是贝都因人
I am Bedu.
告诉我 你真的是英国♥军♥官吗?
Truly, now, you are a British officer?
是的
Yes.
你来自开罗?
From Cairo?
对
Yes.
– 你不是从开罗骑骆鸵来的? – 不是
– You did not ride from Cairo? – No.
谢天谢地,那可有九百里远啊 我是搭船来的
Thank heaven. It’s 900 miles. I came by boat.
之前呢?
And before?
英国来的?
From Britain?
对
Yes.
真的吗?
Truly?
我来自牛津夏尔
From Oxfordshire.
那是沙漠地带吗?
Is that a desert country?
不,那是个富裕的国家 每个人都很富裕
No. A fat country. Fat people.
你不是?
You are not fat?
对
No.
我不一样
I’m different.
好了
Here…
拿去
…take it.
我先带你去找费瑟殿下 你再把它交给我
First I take you to Lord Feisal, then you give it to me.
现在就拿去吧
Take it now.
贝都因食物
Bedu food.
很好吃
Good.
还要吗?
More?
– 贝都因人 – 哪里?
– Bedu. – Where?
从这里到费瑟殿下的营地 是哈利斯国
From here to Lord Feisal’s camp is Harith country.
对,我知道
Yes, I know.
– 我不是哈利斯人 – 对
– I am not Harith. – No.
贝尼沙伦的哈齐尼人
Hazimi, of the Beni Salem.
右腿靠拢,用左腿钩着
Put the right foot in tight. Lock it with your left foot.
当你准备好要走了…
When you are ready to go…
打它的肩膀说“哈,哈,哈”
…hit her on the shoulder and say, “Hut- hut- hut.”
今天会很辛苦 但明天的行程就轻松了
Today will be difficult, but tomorrow, good riding.
我想我们明天 应该能到马斯杜拉水井
I think we reach Masturah Well tomorrow. Yes.
从马斯杜拉水井到费瑟殿下 的营地还要一天的路程
And from Masturah Well to Lord Feisal’s camp, one day more.
快!
Now!
还好吗?
Good?
还不错
It’s all right.
这是哈利斯的水井
This is a Harith well.
哈利斯的人很脏
The Harith are a dirty people.
是土耳其人吗?
Turks?
是贝都因人
Bedu.
他是谁?
Who is he?
他死了
He is dead.
对
Yes.
为什么?
Why?
这是我的水井
This is my well.
我从这里取水喝
I have drunk from it.
我欢迎你喝
You are welcome.
他是我的朋友
He was my friend.
– 那个吗? – 对,那个
– That? – Yes, that.
– 这把手♥枪♥是你的吗? – 不,是他的
– This pistol yours? – No, his.
是他的?
His?
是我的
Mine.
那我要把它拿来用
Then I will use it.
你的朋友
Your friend…
贝尼沙伦的哈齐尼人
…was a Hazimi of the Beni Salem.
我知道
I know.
我是阿里伊本艾卡利希
I am Ali ibn el Kharish.
我听说过你
I have heard of you.
好了
So…
一个哈齐尼人在这里做什么?
…what was a Hazimi doing here?
他要带我去帮助费瑟王子
He was taking me to help Prince Feisal.
– 你是开罗那边派来的人 – 对
– You’ve been sent from Cairo. – Yes.
我是在开罗念书的
I have been in Cairo for my schooling.
我会读跟写
I can both read and write.
费瑟殿下已经有个英国绅士了
My Lord Feisal already has an Englishman.
你叫什么名字?
What is your name?
我的名字只告诉朋友
My name is for my friends.
我的朋友都不会杀人
None of my friends is a murderer.
你在生气,英国人
You are angry, English.
他什么都不是
He was nothing.
这口水井就是一切
The well is everything.
哈齐尼人 不许喝我们水井里的水
The Hazimi may not drink at our wells.
他知道的
He knew that.
你好
Salaam.
阿里长官
Sherif Ali.
只要阿♥拉♥伯的部族战争不休
So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe…
他们仍是一个弱小的民族
…so long will they be a little people…
一个愚蠢的民族
…a silly people.
跟你一样贪婪,野蛮跟残忍♥
Greedy, barbarous and cruel, as you are.
来吧
Come.
我带你去见费瑟
I will take you to Feisal.
我不要你陪我一起去,长官
I do not want your company, sherif.
万迪沙法拉离这里 还要一天的路程
Wadi Safra is another day from here.
你到不了那里的 到不了那里你就死定了
You will not find it, and you will die.
有了这个,我到得了那里
I will find it with this.
很棒的军队罗盘
Good army compass.
我把它拿走会怎么样?
How if I take it?
那你就是小偷
Then you would be a thief.
你不怕吗?英国人
Have you no fear, English?
怕不怕是我的问题
My fear is my concern.
真的
Truly.
愿真♥主♥与你同在,英国人
God be with you, English.
当我自力地走在波斯迪波兰尼
As I walk along the Bois de Boulogne With an independent air
你可以听到女孩子们说
You can hear the girls declare