The electricity is in the care of the Harith.
你一答话,就会血流成河
If you answer, there will be bloodshed.
你要跟我谈血流成河?
You speak to me of bloodshed?
我请求奥达阿布塔耶的原谅
I ask pardon of Auda Abu Tayi.
诚心的求吗?
Humbly?
诚心的求吗?哈利斯
Humbly, Harith?
是的,诚心的求
Yes, humbly.
这倒是新把戏
This is a new trick.
为什么没电?
Why is there no electricity?
我去过发电厂了,劳伦斯
I have been to that electrical house, Lawrence.
那里有三部大机器
There are three large machines.
他是说发电机!
He means generators!
所以呢?
So.
有一部在燃烧
One of them is burning.
所有机器都是这样
They are of an incredible size, but helpless.
所有机器都是这样
It is so of all machines.
由它们烧吧,电♥话♥有什么作用?
Let them burn. What need of telephones?
– 当然有用 – 那么我们需要英国工程师
– The need is absolute. – Then we need English engineers.
不,把英国工程师带进来 英国政♥府♥也会跟着来
No. Take English engineers and you take English government.
带…
Take…
失火了
Fire has broken out.
– 在哪里? – 金西比区
– Where? – The Jinsibi district.
– 在那一区不重要 – 火势会扩散的!
– It is not a district that matters. – It will spread!
那么叫消防队啊!
Then use the fire brigade!
我们试过了,但水不够强
We have tried, but there is no force in the water.
那你们得去提水
Then you must carry it.
– 鲁阿♥拉♥人不提水的 – 他们会做什么事?
– The Ruala do not carry water. – What else are they good for?
我们今天下午才接受陈情
We will hear petitions this afternoon.
今天下午!
This afternoon!
– 战后我要面对这些事 – 我们真的该想个办法啊
– I’ll take this up after the war. – Surely we should do something, sir.
– 这是老人的运动了 – 你是老人吗?
– It’s an old man’s sport. – Are you an old man, sir?
我只能说责任真的很重大
All I can say is, sir, it’s a heavy responsibility.
对不起
Sorry, sir.
或许是灯泡的问题
Maybe it’s the bulb.
不是的
No, sir.
是电力的问题
It’s the power.
他们要离开了
They’re leaving.
那么就这样了
That’s it, then.
他们这些乞丐长得不错,对吧?
Marvellous- Iooking beggars, aren’t they?
算了吧,劳伦斯,跟我来
Leave it, Lawrence. Come with me.
– 去哪里? – 回去
– Come where? – Back.
我了解你的心
I know your heart.
那是什么?
What is it?
是这个吗?
Is it this?
我说过了,这没什么
I tell you, this is nothing.
那是血吗?
Is it the blood?
在沙漠里流干的血 比你想像中还多
The desert has dried up more blood than you could think of.
我祈祷再也不必去沙漠
I pray that I may never see the desert again.
听我说,上帝
Hear me, God.
你会来的 沙漠是你唯一栖身之处
You will come. There is only the desert for you.
你呢?
What about you?
不,我要待在这里学习政♥治♥
No, I shall stay here and learn politics.
一种很低等的职业
A very low occupation.
我在遇见你时 根本没想过要这样
I had not thought of it when I met you.
你非常努力地 将大马士革交给我们
You have tried very hard to give us Damascus.
那是我来这里的原因
It’s what I came for.
那么…
And then…
那是件伟大的事
…it would be something.
对
Yes.
很伟大
Much.
– 他是你的朋友吗? – 把你的手拿开
– He is your friend? – Take your hand away.
– 你爱他 – 我怕他
– You love him. – I fear him.
那你为什么哭?
Then why do you weep?
如果我怕他,也那么爱他…
If I fear him, who love him…
就知道他有多怕自己 多么的痛恨自己的了?
…how must he fear himself, who hates himself?
把你的手拿开,哈威塔特人!
Take your hand away, Howeitat!
原来你还不是一个完全的政客
So you are not yet entirely politician.
还不是
Not yet.
现在有很多新把戏 而我是一只老狗了
Well, these are new tricks, and I am an old dog.
谢谢阿♥拉♥
And Allah be thanked.
我会告诉你…
I’ll tell thee what…
当一个阿♥拉♥伯人 比你想像中还难,哈利斯
…being an Arab will be thornier than you suppose, Harith.
我一生没看过这种事
In all my years, I’ve never seen anything like it.
这是阿♥拉♥伯议会的管辖范围?
It comes within the jurisdiction of the Arab Council.
在这种情况下 我想我该立刻接手
Under the circumstances, I think I must take over. Immediately.
毕竟在任何一种情况下 你都该服从命令
Under any circumstances at all, you must obey your orders.
不,长官,我不会的
No, sir, I will not.
控制一下你自己
Control yourself.
到镇公所那边 去看看他们说了什么
Now, go over to the town hall and see what they say.
市立医院那边已经尽力了
We did what we could in the civic hospitals.
但你忘了土耳其军事医院
But you forgot the Turkish Military Hospital.
那里有六百个床位 有约两千名的土耳其伤患
It has 600 beds. There are about 2000 Turkish wounded in it.
他们都是你宝贝的阿♥拉♥伯议会的责任
All of whom are the responsibility of your precious Arab Council.
情形是如何呢?
What’s it like?
这太过份了!
This is outrageous!
太过份了!
Outrageous!
太过份了!
Outrageous!
你这个王八蛋!
You filthy little wog!
“我的朋友劳伦斯” 如果我可以这么叫他的话
My friend Lawrence, if I may call him that.
“我的朋友劳伦斯”
“My friend Lawrence.”
多少人会宣称 他们有权那么说呢?太光荣了
How many men will claim the right to use that phrase? How proudly.
他期盼着祖国的绿地
He longs for the greenness of his native land.
他渴望在苏利的葛德式房♥屋,对吧?
He pines for the Gothic cottages of Surrey, is it not?
他已经在想像他钓着鳟鱼
Already in imagination, he catches trout…
从事英国绅士的所有活动
…and all the activities of the English gentleman.
你说的人是我 不是劳伦斯上校
That’s me you’re describing, sir, not Colonel Lawrence.
你升上上校了
You’re promoted colonel.
是,为什么?
Yes. What for?
接受这荣誉吧,上校 表现出一点热忱来
Take the honour, colonel. Be a little kind.
身为上校,在船坞那边 你会有栋小木屋
As a colonel, you’ll have a cabin to yourself on the boat home.
谢谢你
Then, thank you.
那么…
Well, then…
愿上帝保佑你
…Godspeed.
这里不需要战士了
There’s nothing further here for a warrior.
我们在讨价还价 那是老头子的工作
We drive bargains. Old men’s work.
年青人制♥造♥战争 战争的本质…
Young men make wars, and the virtues of war…
就是年轻人的本质
…are the virtues of young men.
未来的勇气跟希望
Courage and hope for the future.
老人则维持和平
Then old men make the peace.
和平的罪行是老人的罪行
And the vices of peace are the vices of old men.
不信任跟戒心
Mistrust and caution.
一定是这样的
It must be so.
我欠你的东西多到数不清
What I owe you is beyond evaluation.
发电厂,电♥信♥局,这些我都认输
The powerhouse, the telephone exchange, these I concede.
我得留住水厂
The pumping plant I must retain.
如果你留住了它 那么就无水可用了
If you retain it, there will be no water.
– 我很希望你们能够帮忙 – 那么你得扯下你的旗帜
– I shall be glad of assistance. – Then you must bring down your flag.
我不会的,若你手下要那么做 我的手下会反抗的
I shall not, and if your men attempt it, my men will resist it.
– 你有手下吗? – 我的手下够打败你了
– Have you men? – Enough of that.
这件事可以造成了可怕的事件
It’s a thing that makes an ugly incident.
我相信你的政♥府♥…
I’m sure your government…
不希望在和平会议上 以侵略者的身份出现
…does not wish to appear at the peace conference as an aggressor.
喂!
I say!
是劳伦斯,对吧?
It’s Lawrence, isn’t it?
我能跟您握个手吗?
May I shake your hand, sir?
我只是想跟别人吹嘘一下而已
Just want to be able to say I’d done it, sir.
我们以前不认识吧?
Haven’t we met before?
我想是不认识
Don’t think so, sir.
对,不然我会记得的
No, no, sir, I should remember that.
大家都知道阿♥拉♥伯议会 是因我之名而得到权力
It is widely known the Arab Council took power in my name.
他们没有权力,那是错觉