那是借来的 有人把我的偷走了
It’s borrowed. Someone pinched mine.
真是混♥蛋♥
Bloody wogs.
对啊,或许吧
Yes, probably.
球场那件事真是个好主意
Jolly good about the squash court.
他太夸张了,对吧?
Lays it on a bit thick, doesn’t he?
早安
Morning.
– 早安 – 回来了真好
– Good morning, sir. – Good to be back.
– 我相信你,先生 – 不,是真的
– I’ll believe you, sir. – No, really it is.

Hello.
早安,直走进去
Morning. You’re to go right in.
劳伦斯
Lawrence.
或我该叫你劳伦斯少校?
Or is it Major Lawrence?
长官
Sir.
将军,我要离开了
Well, general, I will leave you.
劳伦斯少校毫无疑问地要报告…
Major Lawrence doubtless has reports to make…
关于我的人♥民♥跟他们的弱点…
…about my people and their weakness…
及让英国对他们 保持利益权的必要
…and the need to keep them in the British interest.
法国人也有利益权 我们别忘了法国人
And the French interest too. We must not forget the French.
我说过了并没有这样的条约限制
I told you, sir, no such treaty exists.
对,将军,你很勇敢地说谎 但说服力却不够
Yes, general, you have lied most bravely, but not convincingly.
我知道的确有条约存在
I know this treaty does exist.
条约?
Treaty, sir?
他的表演比你好,将军
He does it better than you, general.
当然他可以说是个阿♥拉♥伯人
But then, of course, he is almost an Arab.
你真的不知道吗?
You really don’t know?
那么这到底是怎么一回事?
Then what the devil’s this?
是我要求调离阿♥拉♥伯的申请信 先生
It’s my request for release from Arabia, sir.
为什么?
For what reason?
你确定你没听说过 史凯奇皮哥特条约?
You sure you haven’t heard of the Sykes- Picot Treaty?
我没听过
No.
– 我猜想得到 – 别猜了,告诉他吧
– I can guess. – Don’t guess. Tell him.
好了
Well, now…
史凯奇先生是一名英国公仆
Mr. Sykes is an English civil servant.
皮哥特先生是一名法国公仆
Monsieur Picot is a French civil servant.
史凯奇跟皮哥特见面 他们同意在战后…
Mr. Sykes and Monsieur Picot met, and they agreed that after the war…
英法该共享土耳其帝国
…France and England should share the Turkish Empire.
包括阿♥拉♥伯在内
Including Arabia.
他们签订同意书而不是和约
They signed an agreement, not a treaty, sir.
同意书是有法律效力的
An agreement to that effect.
小偷之间或许还有尊严 但政客是无♥耻♥的
There may be honour among thieves, but there’s none in politicians.
我们别生气
And let’s have no displays of indignation.
你也许还不知道 但你有怀疑
You may not have known, but you certainly had suspicions.
如果我们是在说谎 你有一半也是在说谎
If we’ve told lies, you’ve told half- lies.
像我这样说谎的人 只是在隐瞒事实
And a man who tells lies, like me, merely hides the truth.
但说一半谎话的人 忘了事实是什么
But a man who tells half- lies has forgotten where he put it.
真♥相♥是我是个普通人
The truth is I’m an ordinary man.
你已经跟我说过了,戴丹
You might have told me that, Dryden.
我要一份普通的工作
And I want an ordinary job, sir.
那是我辞职的原因
That’s my reason for resigning.
是因为私人的因素
It’s personal.
– 私人的因素? – 是的,长官
– Personal? – Yes, sir.
私人的因素? 你可是一名公职军官
Personal? You’re a serving officer in the field.
事实上你是一个 很重要的人物,你疯了吗?
And as it happens, a damned important one. Are you mad?
不,如果你不介意的话 我不想发疯
No, and if you don’t mind, I’d rather not go mad.
那也是我的理由
That’s my reason too.
听着,下个月十六号♥ 我在大马士革有个大计划
Look, I’m making my big push on Damascus the 16th of next month…
你是其中的一部份
…and you are part of it.
你明白吗?你是一个 大计划中重要的一部份!
Can you understand that? You’re an important part of the big push!
我不要成为你的大计划中的一部份!
I don’t want to be part of your big push!
那么你的阿♥拉♥伯朋友呢?
What about your Arab friends?
我没有阿♥拉♥伯朋友! 我不要阿♥拉♥伯朋友!
I have no Arab friends! I don’t want Arab friends!
你到底要什么?劳伦斯
What in hell do you want, Lawrence?
我说过了,我只想当个普通人
I’ve told you, I just want my ration of common humanity.
– 劳伦斯 – 什么?
– Lawrence. – Yes?
没什么,抱歉打断你们了
Nothing. Sorry I interrupted, sir.
没关系,谢谢你,戴丹先生
That’s all right. Thank you, Mr. Dryden.
谢谢你
Thank you, sir.
我们为什么不…?
Why don’t we…?
你背上有血
There’s blood on your back.
– 你要看医生吗? – 不必了
– Do you want a doctor? – No.
告诉我发生了什么事
Tell me what happened.
哎呀,那里发生了什么事?
Say, what goes on in there?
– 没什么 – 少来了!
– Nothing. – Oh, come on!
– 真的没什么,什么事都没有 – 他有麻烦了吗?
– No, really. Nothing at all. – Is the man in trouble?
应该如此,我们都有麻烦 生活充满了麻烦
I expect so. We all have troubles. Life’s a vale of troubles.
他有麻烦就告诉我 我得保护他
Let me know if the man’s in trouble. I’ve got a claim in that man.
– 为什么? – 我让那孩子成了英雄
– What claim? – I’ve made that boy a hero.
当战争结束后 他想做什么都可以
When the war’s over, he can be anything he wants.
是,现在他想当别人
Yes. Well, at the moment he wants to be somebody else.
麻烦借过一下,好吗?
Will you kindly allow me to pass?
逃避吧,戴丹
Walk away, Dryden, walk away.
总是在逃避,不是吗?
Always walking away, aren’t you?
告诉你吧
Well, I’ll tell you.
那里正在爆发脾气上的冲突
It’s a clash of temperament that’s going on in there.
不可避免地他们有一个半疯了
Inevitably, one of them’s half- mad…
一个完全寡廉鲜耻
…and the other, wholly unscrupulous.
我相信你的名字将会家喻户晓
I believe your name will be a household word…
而要知道谁是艾伦比 还要去战争博物馆查
…when you’d have to go to the war museum to find who Allenby was.
你是我见过最不凡的人
You’re the most extraordinary man I ever met.
别来烦我
Leave me alone.
– 别来烦我 – 真软弱的句子
– Leave me alone. – That’s a feeble thing to say.
– 我知道我不平凡 – 我不是那个意思
– I know I’m not ordinary. – That’s not what I’m saying.
好吧,我很不凡
All right, I’m extraordinary.
那又怎么样?
What of it?
不是很多人都注定好要成为伟人的 劳伦斯
Not many people have a destiny, Lawrence.
注定该成为伟大的人却感到害怕 那真的是太糟糕了
It’s a terrible thing for a man to flunk it if he has.
这是你的经验谈吗?
Are you speaking from experience?
不是
No.
那么是你的猜测
You’re guessing, then.
我猜你错了
Suppose you’re wrong.
你为什么会那么说? 我们都知道我是对的
Why suppose that? We both know I’m right.
– 对,我说对 – 毕竟…
– Yes. I said, yes. – After all…
– 十六号♥? – 你办得到吗?
– The 16th? – Can you do it?
我会给你很多钱
I’ll give you a lot of money.
– 大炮呢? – 我办不到
– Artillery? – I can’t.
他们要的不是钱 他们当中的豪杰不是那么想的
They won’t be coming for money, not the best of them.
他们要的是大马士革
They’ll be coming for Damascus.
我会给他们大马士革
Which I’m going to give them.
那是我想要的
That’s all I want.
你要我们夺走土耳其人的权利
All you want is someone holding down the Turkish Right.
但我会给他们大马士革的 我们会抢在你们之前赶到
But I’m going to give them Damascus. We’ll get there before you do.
我们夺下它之后就要留下它
And when we’ve got it, we’ll keep it.
叫那些政客现在烧了他们的合约
Tell the politicians to burn their paper now.
很公平
Fair enough.
公平?公平与此事何干?
Fair? What’s fair got to do with it?
这是会发生的
It’s going to happen.
我要很多钱
I shall want quite a lot of money.
所有的钱都是你的
All there is.
不要那么多
Not that much.
他们的当中的豪杰不是要钱的
The best of them won’t come for money.
他们要的是我
They’ll come for me.
别拍照!
No pictures!
不是要拍你,是要拍劳伦斯
It’s not for you, it’s for Major Lawrence.
他不介意拍照 他一点都不介意
He doesn’t mind having his picture taken. He doesn’t mind at all.
全世界只有一个劳伦斯
Well, there’s only one Lawrence.
劳伦斯回来后 你跟他见过面吗?
Have you met Major Lawrence since he’s come back?
见过
Yes.
– 他变了,对吗? – 没有
– Changed, hasn’t he? – No.
我说他变了 他变成一个不一样的人了
Oh, I’d say he had. Different man, I’d say.
那个土耳其将军在迪拉对他做了什么?
What did that Turkish general do to him in Deraa?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!