没错,如果他还敢带 五十个人北行,他的确很有种
Surely, surely. If he’s still going north with 50 men, he doesn’t lack guts.
不知道他们 会不会出这么多钱来悬赏我
I wonder if they’d offer that much for me.
明年呢?他们还会回来吗?
What about next year? Will they still come back?
我并不讶异
I wouldn’t be surprised.
– 他们觉得他是圣徒? – 是他们或是他?
– They think he’s a kind of prophet. – They do or he does?
– 我可以说句话吗? – 当然可以
– Now may I speak? – Yes.
再失败一次 你会发现自己孤独一人
One more failure and you will find yourself alone.
– 不包括我 – 不包括其他人
– I do not include myself. – I do not include the others.
他们爱你
So say they love you.
更应该对他们要求低些
The more reason to be thrifty with them.
给他们做的好的任务 但你没那么做
Give them something to do that can be done. But you, no.
他们得移开高山 在水面上行走
They must move mountains, walk on water.
没错
That’s right. That’s right.
你凭什么知道人能做什么事?
Who are you to know what can be done?
若我们完成你觉得可以 做到的事,我们早在阳波了
If we’d done what you thought could be done, we’d be in Yenbo now.
我要他们做到的事都能做得到 你不明白,他们也明白
Whatever I ask them to do can be done. They know that if you don’t.
你认为我只是一个普通人?
Do you think I’m just anybody?
是吗?
Do you?
我的朋友谁要跟我走在水面上?
My friends, who will walk on water with me?
– 谁要跟我进入迪拉? – 迪拉戒备森严
– Who will come with me into Deraa? – Deraa is garrisoned.
你要以二十人攻打两千人?
Will you take 20 against 2000?
– 如果有必要,我会自己去 – 为什么?
– I’ll go by myself if I have to. – Why?
我告诉英国将军…
Because I told the English generals…
当他们到耶路撒冷时 阿♥拉♥伯暴♥动♥会在迪拉
…the Arab revolt would be in Deraa when they’d be in Jerusalem.
或许你是为了英国的将军们…
Or perhaps you are here…
来到这里
…for the English generals.
谁说的?
Who says this?
传言是如此
Rumour.
那不算是争论
That is not an argument.
争论
Oh, argument.
今天下午当阿♥拉♥伯人还在争论…
This afternoon I will take the Arab revolt into Deraa…
我要带阿♥拉♥伯暴♥动♥进入迪拉
…while the Arabs argue.
你能在阿♥拉♥伯的村落 假扮成阿♥拉♥伯人而不被认出吗?
Can you pass for an Arab in an Arab town?
可以,如果你们愿意 借我一些脏衣服
Yes. If one of you would lend me some dirty clothes.
那太疯狂了
It’s madness.
你在找什么?
What are you looking for?
宣布我的到来的方法
Some way to announce myself.
对他有点耐心,天啊
Be patient with him, God.
– 你不知道他们怎么看你吗? – 冷静,阿里,没人看得到我
– Do you not see how they look at you? – Peace, Ali, I am invisible.
站住!
Halt!
继续走
Walk on.
– 站住! – 继续走
– Halt! – Walk on.
你跟你
You and you.

You.
你的眼珠是蓝色的
You have blue eyes.
– 我说你的眼珠是蓝色的 – 对,朋友
– I say you have blue eyes. – Yes, effendi.
– 你是瑟卡新人吗? – 对,朋友
– Are you Circassian? – Yes, effendi.
你几岁?
How old are you?
我二十七岁,朋友
Twenty- seven, effendi.
我想
I think.
你看起来比实际年龄老 你一定经历过很多事
You look older. You have had a lot of experience.
那是个长得很有趣的脸
It’s an interesting face.
我被牛包围着
I am surrounded by cattle.
他根本连有趣的脸 是什么都不知道
He wouldn’t know an interesting face from a sow’s belly.
我到迪拉来三年半了
I have been is Deraa now for three and a half years.
就是他们把我派到月球背面布岗 我也不会觉得…
If they posted me to the dark side of the moon, I could not be more…
孤单
…isolated.
你不知道我在说什么
You haven’t the least idea what I’m talking about.
对,朋友
No, effendi.
是吗?
Have you?

No.
那真的是…
That would be too…
太幸运了
…lucky.
你打哪弄来这个?
Where did you get that?
– 这是旧伤了,朋友 – 不,这是新的
– It’s old, effendi. – No, this is recent.
– 你是个逃兵 – 不是的,朋友
– You are a deserter. – No, effendi.
是,你是个逃兵
Yes, you are a deserter.
但是从哪个军队逃出来的呢?
But from which army?
那不重要
Not that it matters at all.
人不可能老是穿制♥服♥
A man cannot be always in uniform.
你的皮夫很漂亮
Your skin is very fair.
打他
Beat him.
给我!
To me!
睡吧
Sleep.
睡吧
Sleep.

Eat.

Eat.
你有个跟其他男人一样的身体
You have a body, like other men.
很好
Good.
那么睡吧
Then sleep.
好一点了吗?
Better?
好多了,你说的对
Much better. You were right.
休息吧,你学不乖吗?
Rest, rest. Can you not learn?
我已经学到教训了
Oh, I’ve learned all right.
我要走了,阿里
I’m going, Ali.
– 为什么? – 为什么?
– Why? – Why?
天啊
Heavens.
为什么?
Why?
我想我已经完了
I’ve come to the end of myself, I suppose.
阿♥拉♥伯叛乱呢?
And the end of the Arab revolt?
我不是阿♥拉♥伯叛乱,阿里 我甚至不是阿♥拉♥伯人
I’m not the Arab revolt, Ali. I’m not even Arab.
你说人可以变成他想成为的人
A man can be whatever he wants. You said.
抱歉,我以为那是真的
I’m sorry. I thought it was true.
你证明了这一点
You proved it.
听着,阿里
Look, Ali. Look.
那是我,是什么颜色? 那是我
That’s me. What colour is it? That’s me.
是我改不了的
And there’s nothing I can do about it.
你说人可以变成他想成为的人
A man can do whatever he wants. You said.
他可以…
He can…
但他不能随心所欲
…but he can’t want what he wants.
这是决定他要什么的东西
This is the stuff that decides what he wants.
你也知道吧 我想什么都告诉他们
You may as well know. I would’ve told them anything.
我想告诉他们我是谁 我想告诉他们你要去哪里
I would’ve told them who I am. I would’ve told them where you were.
– 我试着要说 – 任何人都会那么做的
– I tried to. – So would any man.
我只是个平凡人
Well, any man is what I am.
我要回去跟艾伦比…
And I’m going back to Allenby to ask him for a job…
要一个平凡人的工作
…that any man can do.
艾伦比在耶路撒冷
Allenby’s in Jerusalem.
– 我要做些轻松的事 – 你?
– I’ll make easy stages. – You?
对,我要做些轻松的事
Oh, yes. Easy stages.
听着,阿里,我想我可以有…
Look, Ali, I think I see a way of being just…
一种平凡的…
…ordinarily…
快乐
…happy.
我能拿走这个吗?
Can I take this?
它不干净喔
It is not clean.
对,但是很温暖
No, but it’s warm.
他们呢…
And these…
带领他们到这里来 你不在乎他们吗?
…having led them here, have you no care for them?
你带领他们,他们是你的了 相信你的人♥民♥
You lead them. They’re yours. Trust your own people.
让我回到我的人♥民♥身边
And let me go back to mine.
– 别忘了那些五人小组 – 好吧
– I say, don’t forget those form fives. – All right.
介意我加入吗?
Mind if I join you?
这是我的荣幸
Honoured, sir.
– 回来了真好 – 我们都听说你回来了,先生
– Good to be back. – We heard you were, sir.
– 那边发生了什么事? – 哪里?
– What’s doing out there? – Where?
– 阿♥拉♥伯? – 是的,先生
– Arabia? – Well, yes, sir.
没什么,现在是淡季 这里呢?
Nothing much. Wrong time of year. What’s doing here?
我们在安顿 我们盖了一座球场
We’re settling in. We built a squash court.
太好了
Jolly good.
我得上去了
Well, I have to go up there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!