This is just how the justice system works.
这就是司法体系运作的方式
Listen, I know you don’t think it right now,
听着,我知道你现在不认可这点
but this is a victory for us.
但这其实是我们的胜利
Woman: Your office has certified this agreement?
你们办公室已经认可这个协议了吗?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
Mr. Reynolds, any great insights to share with the court today?
雷诺斯先生,今天有无高见与法庭分享?
I’m a defense attorney, Your Honor. I don’t have many of those.
我是辩方律师,法官阁下 我没多少高见
No, Your Honor. No insights.
没有,法官大人,没有意见了
Good, then I trust that we can move forward with Mr. Ames’s trial
很好,那我相信我们可以毫无阻碍地
unimpeded by continuances. A triaI date is imminent.
推进阿米先生的判决了 审批日期将近了
Yeah?
喂?
There’s no cell phones in my courtroom, Mr. Rice.
瑞斯先生,我的法庭不允许讲手♥机♥
We’ve been over this I’m sorry.
我们说过了… 抱歉
and over this, over this…
一遍地,又一遍地
Yeah, I had some exigent business I-
是的,我有些急事…
Next time it’s mine.
下次我就要没收了
Ah, you married? Excuse me?
啊,你结婚了吗? 你说什么?
Are you married?
你结婚了?
Please fuck this up so I can destroy you.
请继续喷 这样我就能毁了你
I wish ill for no man,
我不想害人
but Ames deserves to suffer for what he did.
不过阿米罪有应得
I mean, you can’t fight fate, right?
我是说,你没法跟天斗的对吧?
Nick.
尼克
Cantrell: Once you make a decision, live with it- move on.
一旦你做了决定 就要学会接受…继续往前
This job, your best asset’s a short memory.
这份工作,最大的资产就是短暂记忆
Don’t beat yourself up. Too many other people out there doing that already.
别自责了,其他很多人都这样干了
Look, there’s some of them right now.
看,现在那边就有一些人
Isn’t this where you tell me some type of old fable
是不是到了时间你要给我讲些寓言
or wives’ tale-
或者启蒙故事的了
All right, all right, I got one.
好了,好了,我想到一个了
Marcus Aurelius hired a servant to walk behind him
当马可·奥勒留走过罗马时代广场时
as he made his way through the Roman town square.
他雇了一个仆人跟在身后
And this servant’s only job
这个仆人唯一的工作就是
was to whisper in his ear when people praised him,
当别人赞美他时,在他耳边低声说
“You’re only a man. You’re only a man. ”
你只是个凡人 你只是个凡人
Okay, man? Okay, man.
好了,凡人 好吧,凡人
Okay, man. That’s some bullshit.
好吧,凡人 那是胡扯
That’s good.
讲得很好
Nick: I don’t think you even know what that story means.
我认为你不理解这个故事的含义
You’re missing the point, Nick. It doesn’t matter what they say.
你没懂,尼克 他们说什么并不重要
Okay, I got this now.
好吧,我懂了
All right, ladies and gentlemen, one at a time, one at a time.
好吧,女士们先生们 一个个来
So you’ll be seeking the death penalty?
那么你们会要求死刑?
For Rupert Ames, we will be. And for Darby?
对于鲁柏特·阿米,我们会 那多比呢?
He has pled guilty to murder, but he is a cooperating witness.
他已经承认谋杀 但他是个污点证人
The DA’s office has committed all of its resources
地方检察院已经动用了一切资源
to ensure that justice will be served.
确保司法公正
Woman: Did you make any kind of-
你们有没有做一些…
Man: Do you think this is a fair sentence for Darby?
你觉得对多比而言是一个合理的宣判?
I just wanted to say thanks for being in my corner.
我只想为你站在我的这边说声谢谢
It’s nice when the system works, right?
司法体系运作时很不错,对吧?
Get away from me.
离我远点
Officer: Move. Move.
走,走
Let’s go.
我们走吧
Nick? Hey.
尼克? 嗨
Nuh-uh, what happened?
嗯,怎么了?
What happened to what?
什么怎么了?
What’s wrong?
怎么了?
You call my job boring. “C-“?
你称我的工作乏味,C-?
Yes.
是的
Well… okay now…
嗯,好了,现在…
you gonna tell me what’s wrong?
你得告诉我怎么了?
Can I talk to my daughter for a little bit?
我可以先跟我女儿聊一会吗?
Oh, please. No no no. Gonna lay down.
哦,拜托,别,别 我要躺下了
Please?
拜托了
First of all, this is your father speaking.
首先,这是你父亲在讲话
Yeah, she didn’t know that. You never know.
哦,她不会知道 你怎么知道
I want you to stay in there as long as you can.
我想要你尽量呆在里面
’cause there’s a lot of crazy-ass people out here.
因为外面有很多疯子和混♥蛋♥
Language.
措辞…
Your mother’s a hardass, but-
你妈妈是个难缠的人物,但…
I’m right here.
我在场呢
And Daddy- Daddy wants you to come out and be Daddy’s little girl.
爸爸…爸爸想要你出来当爸爸的小女孩
Woman: I want her to come out ’cause she’s on my bladder.
我要她出来 因为她压在我的膀胱上
Nick: Ahh!
啊
Anybody seen my phone?
谁看到我的手♥机♥了吗? (十年后)
Hey, have you seen my phone? It’s not strapped to your hand?
嘿,你看到我手♥机♥了吗? 没拴在你的手上吗?
No, it’s not strapped to my hand.
没,没拴在我手上
Daddy? Yeah?
爸爸 嗯?
You’re not gonna have some of my French toast?
不打算吃点我做的法式吐司吗?
French toast? You made French toast? Mmhmm.
法式吐司,你在做法式吐司? 嗯
I can’t, honey. I’m running late.
我不吃了,亲爱的 我就要迟到了
Okay.
好吧
All right, here- Mmm.
好吧,来一口…嗯
Mmm, that’s good. Thank you.
嗯,味道很不错 谢谢
You did this by yourself? Mmhmm.
你自己做的? 嗯
I’m just gonna take this whole plate to work.
我要把这一盘都带到单位去
All right- no.
嗯…不行
You’re only 10 years old?
你才十岁吗?
You better than your mother. I heard that.
比你妈做得还好吃 我听到了
Smells good in here. Your lifeline.
很香呀
‘Morning, baby. Give me a kiss.
早安,宝贝 亲一个
Mmm! You going to your daughter’s recitaI this afternoon?
嗯!下午去你女儿的独奏会吗?
Um, I thought you were gonna order the DVDs.
我还以为你会带演奏会DVD回来看呢
Video’s not the same, Nick.
看视频可不一样,尼克
Mom, it’s okay. Dad’s got to work, I know.
妈妈,没关系 爸爸得工作,我理解
See? It’s all right. Dad’s got to work. And what is Dad doing today?
瞧?没关系,爸爸得工作 那么老爸今天做什么?
Lock up bad guys. And why does he do that?
把坏蛋关起来 那他为何那样做?
To keep us safe. Yeah.
来保护我们的安全 对了
She understands. ‘Cause he wants us to be safe.
她理解 因为他想我们安安全全的
Baby, get your cello. All right.
宝贝,拿你的大提琴 好
Thank you so much. You’re welcome.
非常感谢 不客气
Little Julia Child. Mmm.
小朱莉娅宝贝 唔
You know she’s 10 years old, right?
你知道她才十岁,对吧?
You know that? I know that.
你知道吗? 当然
She doesn’t understand why you’re never around.
她无法理解你为何不在身边
This good-guy, bad-guy stuff- that’s just talk to her.
好人,坏人… 你就只会对她讲这些话
Don’t do this, come on.
别这样了,好吧
I can’t come today.
我今天不能去
You know you have not been to one recitaI-
你知道你连她的一次独奏会都没去过
How many has she had? Enough.
她演了多少次了? 行了
Okay. Well, we’ll get the video,
好了 好吧,我们会要视频回来
we’ll sit down and we’ll watch it together as a family.
我们坐下,然后一家人一起看
I love you.
我爱你
All right?
好吧?
Thank you for the toast. Love you.
谢谢你的吐司 我爱你!
Love you too! Bye.
我也爱你! 拜
Love you.
我爱你
Huh.
哼
So how’s Chip? It’s Chester.
奇普怎样了? 切斯特了
What happened to Chip? I liked Chip.
奇普哪去了? 我喜欢奇普
There is no Chip.
没奇普了
And now there’s no Chester. He kept calling.
现在也不是切斯特 只是他不停打电♥话♥
Sarah, that’s a good thing. I know, but I kept cancelling.
莎拉,这是好事 我知道,但我一直拒绝
My caseload’s crazy.
我的案子太多了
You know you don’t have to go to this if you don’t want to.
你知道如果你不想跟这个案子 你可以不来
Yeah, I do. I…
是的,我懂,我…
What’s it like?
是什么感觉?
No biggie. Like watching somebody fall asleep.
没什么 像看着某人睡着
Except for the not-waking-up part.
除了叫不醒这步骤