But I hate you being 45 minutes late
但我讨厌你迟到了45分钟
Then the coffee is on me
那咖啡由我请好了
I don’t want any coffee. Sound check
我不想喝咖啡 我想试一下音
A beer, then?
那啤酒呢?
It will relax you
可以帮你放松
No. I don’t want to relax…
不 我不想放松…
I don’t want a beer. It’s 1 PM
现在是下午1点 我不想喝啤酒
Sound’s good
音效很好
We’re on
我们开始
So, Laurence Alia…
那么 劳伦斯·阿利亚…
You’re just back from the US
你刚从美国回来
Vermont, in the end
最后一站 佛蒙特州
Got back last week
上周回来的
Look, this is ridiculous
女士 这太荒谬了
Have a coffee, it’s my treat
来杯咖啡吧 我请你喝
Okay. A decaf
好吧 一杯脱因咖啡
Since you’re harassing me
鉴于你的强人所难
With a drop of hot milk
加上一点热牛奶
Waitress
服务生
So…
那么…
After three years, you came back here for…
3年后 你回到这儿是为了…
Not just for your book launch, did you?
不仅仅是为新书发布吧?
Do you have anything to add that might interest…
还有什么可以补充的趣事…
Or be relevant to the reader?
或是跟读者有关的吗?
What reader?
什么读者?
Are you writing my profile for my publisher or just my biography?
你是在给我的出版商写作者简介 还是写我的自传?
Listen, Laurence
听着 劳伦斯
Let’s just keep this simple shall we?
让我们把事情简单化好吗?
I ask questions, you answer them
我问问题 你回答问题
I can’t think of a more efficient approach
我找不到比这还有效率的方式了
But contempt…
但如果你感到蔑视…
What about you?
那你呢?
Aren’t you a tad contemptuous?
你不是也有点轻慢情绪吗?
Yes, I was late, but…
我是迟到了 可是…
Ever since we started, not once have you looked me in the eyes
从我们开始后 你从来没有正眼打量过我一次
Is there any blood left in that upper lip?
是因为我上嘴唇还留有血迹?
You think you’ll turn to stone?
还是你害怕自己会变石头?
Do looks matter to you?
眼神对你来说重要吗?
I don’t know
我不知道
Does air matter to your lungs?
空气对肺来说重要吗?
There you have it
这不就好了
Disgusting people lived here
之前住这儿的很恶心
They brought Cockroaches this big!
他们带来了这么大的蟑螂!
I had to call the exterminator. Not cheap, that
我只有请专业人士来清理 好贵的呢
Cost a fortune!
花了我大笔钱!
This is bathroom. Looks great. Fully equipped
这是浴室 看着不错吧 设施齐全
I put mirror for you. Brand new. From antique shop
我给你弄了面镜子 全新的 古董店淘来的
Fortune
很贵呢
Here you have bedroom
这儿是卧室
Closets, very large, huge. Just for you
衣橱 很大的 适合你
It’s unique space, bravo
很独有的空间
And here, window reveal beautiful mountain, direct view
从这儿可以直接看到漂亮的山上景色
You’ll never get this anywhere else. Never, ever
谁家的视野都没有我的好 绝对的
Here you have kitchen
这儿是厨房♥
With lots of storage space
很多的储物柜
Stove, fridge… Well, fridge coming soon
烤炉 冰箱…哦 冰箱马上就送到
I put it in. Free for you
我负责装 不要你钱
Just for you. Exception
为你就破例一次
Excuse me
抱歉啊
What now?
又怎么了?
To answer your question, I came back
回答你的问题 我之所以回来
To see some people
是要见一些朋友
And settle some things, Nothing major
还要处理一些事情 不是什么大事
I was just tired of living in a trailer
我只是厌烦了住房♥车的生活
I had finished my book…
我已经写完了我的书…
And my mother is ill, so…
而我的妈妈病了 所以…
Is that a way to speak to your mother?
你怎么能这样跟你妈妈说话?
Shut up!
住口!
Go to your room!
回你的房♥间去!
Go to your room or I get the belt!
回你的放间 不然我就抽皮带了!
Give me your mother back!
让你的妈妈来听电♥话♥!
Sure! I’ll get it on my way home. No problem
嗯 我回家路上顺道去买♥♥ 没问题
My wife. Calls 25 times a day
我老婆 一天打给我25次
She’s crazy for me
爱我爱得发疯
Hi, ma’am
嗨 女士
In your book
在你的书里
You hope to end the divide
你希望结束…
Between the normal and the marginal
正常人和边缘人的间隔
How romantic!
这很浪漫啊!
The social division…
关于社会分隔…
We’re entering a new millennium
我们都要走进新千年了不是吗?
Ah, yes, Y2K
哦 是啊 千禧年
I mean…
我是说…
Beyond computer malfunction in 2000
2000年除了千年虫之外
Why not wish for real change?
为什么我们不许愿一些真正的变革呢?
I made the leap. I think about the youth, now
我跳过了那一步 现在我怀念青春了
What’s in store for them
他们拥有那么大把
I’m not in the game anymore
而我已经不在游戏中了
I’m living out the last half of a woman’s life
我正在消耗作为一个女人的后半生
All women do, eventually
每个女人最终都会
Yes, but… the last half’s nothing without the first
没错 但是…没有前半生 后半生又怎么会有意义呢?
But you are beautiful
可你还是很漂亮
Hold on, let me look at my notes…
好吧 请等我看看我的笔记…
What are you looking for, Laurence Alia?
你在寻找什么吗 劳伦斯·阿利亚先生?
In your book, In Praise of Normal , when you speak of love
在你的书”歌♥颂平凡”里 当你提到爱
You speak of a woman named”A.Z.”
你还提到一个叫”A.Z.”的女人
The”A.Z.”Woman. She is the main…
而这位”A.Z.”女士 她是主要…
One of the main characters in the novel
她是这本书的主要人物之一
Can we talk about her?
我们能谈谈她吗?
It’s all in the book
都在书里了
But have you seen that woman again?
但是里有再见过她吗?
How are you? Fine. You?
你还好吗? 好 你呢?
How’s Fred?
弗蕾德呢?
Yes, she did leave Albert
噢 她还是离开艾伯特了
She’s back in Montreal, we’re having dinner with mom soon
她回蒙特利尔了 我们很快就要和妈妈一起吃饭
What are you doing?
你做什么?
Is that her number?
这是她的号♥码?
555-1987?
555-1987?
That’s the year we met!
这正是我们遇到的那一年!
Yes
是
On the set. Yes!
在片场 是!
Gotta get back
得回去了
We hadn’t written to each other, hadn’t called…
我们再没写过信 也没通过电♥话♥…
Apart from the septic epistle
除了那首开始溃烂的纹身诗
How did the reunion go?
重逢进展得如何?
I didn’t quite know what to expect
我不知道该期盼什么
I didn’t know…
我不知道…
I just didn’t
不真的知道
Sorry, sorry
对不起 对不起
No place to park. I drove around forever
没找到停车位 一直围着打转
The minute I park, two spots free up right in front!
等我刚停好 面前一下子空出了两个
Murphy’s Law
墨菲定理 (该发生的总会发生)
You look great!
你气色真好!
I’m glad, you’re so pretty
我很高兴 你好漂亮
Thank you. Likewise
谢谢 你也一样
Thank you
谢谢
Excuse me, can we get two vodkas, two ice cubes, one lime?
抱歉 我们可以要两杯伏特加 两块冰 一个柠檬吗?
Is that okay?
这样可以吗?
That’s your drink, right?
你喝这个的吧?
So, when did you get back?
你回来多久了?