听着 你就待在伦敦 好吗? 好好享受女儿的婚礼
Look, just stay in London, will you? Just enjoy your daughter’s wedding.
不 不 Marvin 我没事
No no, Marvin, it’s fine.
完全没问题 – Harvey
There’s no problem. – Harvey.
Frank知道该怎么做 Mike也会在那帮忙
Frank knows exactly what to do, and Mike is gonna be right there to help.
Harvey 我们得谈谈 不 不 不 不 听着
Harvey, we’ve got to talk. No no no. No, listen.
我午餐时到 Marvin 好了 就这样
I’ll be there at lunchtime, Marvin. It’s okay. It’s all set up.
Harvey? – 怎么了?
Harvey? – Yeah? What?
结束了 – 什么?
It’s over. – What?
你什么意思? – 我管不了了
What do you mean? – It’s out of my hands.
我还有事 先这样了
There’s people I got to answer to. I’m letting you go.
等你回来后我们再谈
We’ll talk when you get back.

Hi.
给我来杯尊尼获加〔苏格兰威士忌〕
Can I have a Johnnie Walker,
要黑方,纯的
and if you have a black label, neat?
谢谢
Thanks.
请再来一杯
Another, please.
可以了 谢谢
It’s okay. Thank you.
噢 该死!
Aw, shit! – ( woman murmurs )
不好意思啊 美国来的土老冒
Sorry. Vulgar American.
你好啊?
How you doing?
还有 对不起
I’m sorry, by the way.
为什么道歉?
For what?
你不是那个 想问我问题的姑娘吗?
Weren’t you the gal who tried to ask me some questions,
你只是在做你的本职工作 是我太无礼了
and you were just doing your job, and I was rude?
对不起
I’m sorry.
我不记得了 真的 可能你是挺无礼的
I don’t remember, really, but you probably were.
好多人都会这样
Most people are.

Hmm.
书好看吗?
Good book?
可能吧 要等我看完后才知道
Would be if I could finish it.
哦!
Ooh!
( laughs )
那个有用吧 – 什么?
That’ll help. – What?
我说”有用吧”
I said, “That’ll help.”
什么? 这个吗? – 嗯
What? This? – Mm.
是啊 是有用
Oh, yes it will, and it is.
是啊
Right.
和那本无聊的书 那杯白葡萄酒一样有用
It’ll help as much as that trashy novel and a glass of Chardonnay.
( sighs )
对不起
Sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起 我过分了
I’m sorry. That was out of line.
那就快走开! 别再道歉了
Go away! Stop apologizing.
我今天过的真是衰透了
It’s just that I’ve had a really shitty day.
那去泡吧啊
Join the club.
你不懂 可能你过得也不顺 可我真是霉到家了
Oh no, yours may have been shitty, but mine was shittier.
衰到没法想象 知道吗?
Mine was major shitty, you know? Huh?
有多衰?
How shitty?
我错过了飞机 又丢了工作
I missed the plane, I lost my job,
而且今天是我女儿结婚的日子
and my daughter, who’s getting married today,
她却选择要挽着她继父的手走进教堂 怎么样?
decided that she wanted her stepfather rather than me to give her away, okay?
很衰吧
And that took it to major shitty.
是够衰的 你赢了
Fair enough. You win.
怎么样 咱们冰释前嫌吧?
What do you say, let me make it up to both of us,
我请你吃午饭?
and I’ll buy you lunch?
或者喝下午茶 喝下午茶怎么样 现在是不是下午茶时间?
Or tea. How about tea, if it’s teatime?
非常感谢 但是我不认识你 你也不认识我 所以…
Thanks very much, but I don’t know you, and you don’t know me, so–
所以我们才要一起喝茶啊
That’s exactly why we should have tea together.
你人真好 谢谢 还是算了吧
It’s very sweet of you, but thank you. No.
那你读你的书 – 嗯
Well, you’ve got your book. – Mm.
( cellphone ringing )
如果是找我的话 就说我在洗澡
If that’s for me, I’m in the shower.
你不接吗?
Aren’t you gonna answer it?
不接
No.
我可以把这当做是有机会的信♥号♥♥吗?
Should I take that as a hopeful sign?
如果是的话 你能笑的再灿烂些吗
If it is, you can give me a little wider smile.
( sighs )
谢谢
Thank you.
看见了吧?
See?
我们一起吃午饭呢
We’re having lunch together.
不 我们是在邻桌 分别吃午饭
No, we’re having lunch next to each other.
Ah.
随便说一下 我叫Harvey… Harvey Shine
By the way, Harvey — Harvey Shine.
Kate Walker
Kate Walker.
你为什么不去参加婚礼?
So, why aren’t you at the wedding?
( vacuum whirring )
我就知道 这儿肯定还缺点儿什么
I knew there was something that was missing.
我得回去工作
I had to get back for work.
就为了你刚丢掉的那份工作?
What, for the job you just lost?
是的 没错
( chuckles ) Yes, exactly.
你喜欢那份工作吗?
Did you enjoy it, the job?
是啊 不喜欢
Yes. No.
开始挺喜欢的
Yes, originally.
你是做什么的?
What was it?
我写广♥告♥歌♥
I write jingles.
哇噢 – 一般人都是这个反应
Wow. – That’s a normal response.
你是一直都想写广♥告♥歌♥呢 还是…
( chuckles ) Did you always want to write jingles, or was–
有什么别的原因?
was there something more?
( laughs )
什么?
What?
不 不 我喜欢
No no, I love it.
你太厉害了 一说就中 我喜欢
You cut right through it. I like that.
我就当好话听了 – 本来就是
I’ll take that as a compliment. – You should.
我本来 是不惜一切…
I would have given anything…
想当个爵士钢琴家的
to have been a jazz pianist.
你弹的好吗?
Were you good?
不 不够好
No. Not good enough.
抱歉 我… 有点多嘴了
Sorry. I… can be a bit nosy.
是啊 但我喜欢
Yeah, and I like it.
相信我么? – 嗯
Do you believe me? – Mm.
我要告诉你的是 和一个讲真心话的人相处
I have to tell you that is a relief to find someone
是一件很让人轻松的事
who actually says what they’re feeling and what they’re thinking.
尤其是在这样…
Especially in a place that’s supposed to be–
你也知道… 保守 那么英国特色的地方
you know — Britain, English, reserved.
噢 不 不 难道你没听说吗? 我们已经变了
Oh, no no. Haven’t you heard? We’re a nation changed.
自从戴安娜王妃死后 我们就已经不再束缚自己的感情了
Ever since Diana died, we’re all sort of flowing out of us like water.
实际上 这还是你们教我们的
You guys showed us the way, actually.
不再板着脸 (僵硬的上唇)
No more stiff upper lip for us.
什么意思?
And what is that, exactly?
什么? – “板着脸”
What? – “Stiff upper lip.”
我不清楚 大概就是…
I’m not sure, it’s kind of…
紧绷着嘴唇吧
that whole clenched thing.
紧绷着? – 是吧
Clenched? – I think so, you know.
哭泣时嘴唇会颤抖
See, when you cry, your lips wobble,
坚强时就不会
and when you’re being strong, they don’t.
像这样
Like this.
不 那更像是斗牛犬
No, that’s sort of more like a bulldog.
不 别做了 好像没牙似的
No, don’t do that. You look like you’ve got no teeth at all.
我第一次尝试板脸
It’s my first attempt at a stiff upper lip.
都谁板… – 我不太清…
Who does– – I don’t really kn–
我觉得是下巴收紧
I think it’s the sort of tension in your jaw.
都谁板脸啊?
Who does that?
贵族 – 贵族?
Aristocrats. – The aristocrats?
上流人士
Posh people.
谢谢 我很开心 – 我也是 你去哪?
Thank you. I enjoyed that. – Me too. Where are you going?
我去上课 – 什么课?
I’m just going to a class, actually. – What kind of class?
写作 – 哦
Writing. – Ah.
两周一次
It’s just a thing, twice a week, I do.
我得乘希思罗特快 所以…
I’ve got to get the Heathrow Express, actually, so–
明白了 – 你呢?
I see. – What about you?
不知道 待在附近的旅馆吧
I don’t know. I guess I’ll stay in a hotel near here.
明早要乘飞机 – 哦
I have a flight in the morning. – Oh, so it’s– yeah.
好的 – 那拜拜啦
Okay. – Bye-bye, then.
拜 – 祝你好运

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!