哦 上帝啊 雷克斯 你不可能快他妈死了
Oh, Jesus, Rex. You are not fucking dying.
你现在坐在这里准备和你的兄弟喝一杯
You’re sitting here having a beer with your mates.
我叔叔杰克以前得了癌症都他妈好多年了
My Uncle Jack had cancer for fuckin’ years.
还经常在卧室里又唱又跳 癌症 癌症
Used to dance around the living room singing. Cancer, cancer…

Hey.
嘿 没错 我爷爷得了皮肤癌
Yeah, well, my grandad had cancer of the bum.
他说他很好
He said that was okay. He
他认为奶奶是比癌症更大的麻烦
reckoned Grandma was a bigger pain in the arse.
所有人都会得癌症 去他的所有人
Everyone gets cancer. Fuckin’ everyone.
你会没事的 雷克斯 我们会在这儿照看你的
You’ll be right, Rexie. We’ll look after you here.
达尔文太远了 兄弟 太远了
Darwin’s a long way, mate. A long way.
请他们一轮酒 斯特拉 免费的
Give the boys a round, Stella. On the house.
你说什么
Hey?
我的耳朵 我的耳朵出什么事了
Me ears! Something’s happened to me ears!
那么 这里就是这样了
So, this is what it’s like inside?
并没有什么 不是吗 你让它听起来很特别
Not much, is it? You made it sound special.
– 波莉 – 闭上你的嘴 弗兰克 布朗
– Polly… – Don’t you say a word, Frank Brown!
我知道你这里不招待黑人 不是吗
I know you don’t serve blackfellas in here, do ya?
嗯 别担心 我并没有要求你现在就破例
Well, don’t worry. I’m not asking you to start now.
你说的是真的吗
Is it true?
想喝一杯吗
Want a beer?
为什么不
Why not?
你把你妈妈都打包了
You packed your mum up.
你真的要这么做吗
Are you really gonna do this?
– 你要怎么去那儿 – 开车去
– How are you gonna get there? – I’m gonna drive.
– 那是三千公里啊 – 我每周开的士里程累积也差不多
– It’s 3,000 kilometres! – I do that in the cab every week.
上帝啊 雷克斯 你一辈子都没离开过布罗肯山
Jesus, Rex. You’ve never left Broken Hill in your life!
没错 我知道
Yeah. I know.
– 你拿了些什么 – 哦 几张旧照片而已
– What you got here? – Oh, just some old photos.
别以为我不会再冲你发火
Don’t think I’m gonna stop
就因为你放丽维的歌♥
being angry at you just ’cause you put Livvie on.
值得一试
Worth a try.
妈妈曾试图去达尔文
Mum tried to get to Darwin once.
说她再也看不见海了
Said she’d never seen the sea.
-她看见了吗 -没
– Did she? – No.
差一点点
Got close.
她最远到了戴利沃特斯
Made it all the way to Daly Waters.
打仗的时候 那里曾是个空军基地
Used to be an air force base there during the war.
那是她遇见爸爸的地方
That’s where she met Dad.
他是个帅哥
He was a looker.
妈妈也是这么认为的
Mum thought so too.
所以她给了他一个小礼物
So she gave him a little present.

Me.
不管怎样 因为我 她不得不回到布罗肯山
Anyway, ’cause of that, she had to go back to Broken Hill.
爸爸留在那儿并建了机场
Dad stayed and built the airfield.
发誓战争结束之后他会回到她身边
Promised he’d come back to her when it was all over.
他的确做到了
And he did.
回到一个他不了解的家里
Back to a family he didn’t know.
回到一个不想去的地方
To a place he didn’t want to be.
看看他们 我不记得曾看见他们什么时候那样开心过 波莉
Look at ’em. I can’t remember ever seeing them that happy, Pol.
从来没有
Ever.
你之前怎么从来没告诉过我
How come you never told me that before?
你没问过
You never asked.
雷克斯
Rex!
雷克斯
Rex!
-带我一起 -不行
– Take me with you. – No.
听我说
Listen to me!
我会扶着你
I will hold your hand.
– 我会为你整理污物 – 啊 你那么讨厌脏乱 波
– I will clean your mess. – Oh, you hate mess, Pol!
你告诉过我成千上万次
You told me so a thousand times.
没什么比一个黑人女性
And it doesn’t get any messier than a black woman
抓着一个将死的白人男性更糟糕了
holding the hand of a dying
而且这个男人从来不擦屁♥股♥
whitefella who can’t even wipe his own arse!
我们曾有很多欢乐
We had some fun.
私下里
On the sly.
那个出租车司机揣着他的杜松子酒穿过马路
The cab driver and his gin across the road.
但是就这样吧 都结束了
But that’s it now. Finished!
可悲的老杂种
Miserable old bastard!
我在房♥子里留了点东西给你
I left some stuff for you inside.
嗯 雷克斯
Oh, Rex.
你这个愚蠢的杂种
You stupid bastard.
真是蠢死了
You stupid, stupid, bastard.
那这样的话 你觉得什么时候好
Yeah, so… so, when are you thinking?
那不就是明天
But that’s tomorrow!
然后我要飞回悉尼
Then I’ll have to fly back to Sydney.
额 等一下 好吗
Oh, look, hang on, would you?
– 法默医生 – 医生你好 我是雷克斯
– Dr Farmer. – Hi, Doc. It’s me. Rex.
雷克斯 我会给你回电的
Rex! I’ll call you back.
我一直在打这个你留给我的电♥话♥ 雷克斯 但是
I have been calling that number you left me, Rex, but…
我大概离开布罗肯山两小时了
I’m about two hours out of Broken Hill.
将要径直穿过国家,穿过弗林德斯山脉
About to cut across country, through the Flinders Ranges,
经过乌德纳达塔小径 直接到你那里
hit the Oodnadatta Track, then straight up the guts to you.
你在开车 可是 雷克斯 我们并没有
You’re driving? But, Rex, we haven’t even…
– 我到达尔文后去哪里找你
– Where do I find you when I get to Darwin?
– 等一下 索尼娅
– Hang on a sec. Sonja!
– 有笔吗 – 恩 等一下
– Do you have a pen? – Yep. Hold on.
– 238号♥ 巴戈特路 – 巴戈特路
– It’s 238… Bagot Road. – Yeah. Bagot Road.
– 凯瑟瑞纳 – 凯瑟瑞纳
– Casuarina. – Casuarina.
你真的开车过来吗 雷克斯
You’re really driving, Rex?
是的 我觉得四五天之后就会见到你
Yeah. Should see you in four or five days, I reckon.
额 等会 雷克斯 打电♥话♥给我好吗
Wait, Rex. Could you please call me?
让我知道你在哪儿 还有 雷克斯
Just let me know where you are and… and, Rex?
– 注意多喝水 – 好的
– Keep your fluids up. – Right.
神啊
Jesus.
叫那个北领地来的小子过来
Call that bloke from The Territorian.
我想我们终于有故事给他了
I think we might finally have a story for him.
去他的“多喝水”
Keep your fluids up.
澳洲制♥造♥ 可循环利用
It’s Aussie-made, recyclable,
防风雪 保修5年
weatherproof and guaranteed for five years.
快快登录easyline.com.au订购吧
Log on now for a special offer at easyline.Com.Au.
欢迎回来
Welcome back. We’re having a
我们正和为求死权抗争的尼科尔 法默医生聊天
chat with right-to-die campaigner Dr Nicole Farmer.
法默医生
Dr Farmer, tell us about
为我们介绍一下你升级过的这个机器
this machine you’ve developed. It sounds scary.
不会 托恩 不会的 一点都不可怕
No, Tom. No, it’s not scary at all.
这只是一台连了简易机器的笔记本电脑
It’s just a laptop computer attached to a simple machine.
它究竟是怎么运行的呢
How exactly does it work?
也许我可以给你示范一下 凯莉
Well, perhaps I could show you, Kylie.
可以把手给我吗 开始了
Could you give me your arm? There we go.
电脑控制着机器
So, the computer speaks to the machine,
机器和你手上的套管相连
which is attached to the cannula in your arm.
现在 这里有足够致死剂量的戊巴比妥
Now, here we have a lethal dose of pentobarbital.
但这个活塞只有
But the plunger can only be activated
在病人对三个简单的问题回答“是”之后才能活动
after the patient has answered yes to three simple questions,
这三个问题会显示在电脑屏幕上
which will appear here on the screen of the computer.
好的 那为什么要这个机器
Okay, so, why the machine?
为什么不直接问这些问题
Why not just ask the questions yourself?
这是对病人的保护措施
It’s a safeguard for the patient.
这意味着最终结果
It means that the final
是病人的 且只与病人有关
decision is the patient’s and the patient’s alone.
– 准备好了嘛 凯莉 – 恩 我想可以了 有点吓人
– So, are you ready, Kylie? – I think so. I’m a little scared.
你确定要做这个吗
Sure you want to do this?
我们才刚刚 额… 更新了你的合同
We’ve only just… renewed your contract.
– 那么 第一个问题 – “你希望继续吗”
– So, first question. – “Do you wish to proceed?”
第二个问题
Second question.
“你知不知道如果继续的话 你会死”
“Do you understand that if you proceed, you will die?”
第三个问题
And the third question.
15秒后
“In 15 seconds, you will
你会被注射致死药物
receive a lethal injection and you will die.
你希望继续吗 是的话请按空格键
“Do you wish to proceed? ‘Yes’ press the space bar.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!