and call it gilli-danda. Understand?
我们穿着捆腰布打 称它作大小棍 懂吗?
Our ancestors played gilli-danda.
我们的祖先就在玩大小棍了
Go over there.
过去那边
Back. Further back.
后退 再后退
A little more. Stop.
再退一点 停
Now, catch the ball.
现在接住球
Catch it properly, Tipu.
把球接好 提布
Toss it to me. I’ll show you.
丢过来 我示范给你看
See that?
看到了吗?
It’s very easy.
Why, even you can learn it.
很容易 就连你也能学会
This game is just like gilli-danda.
这种游戏跟大小棍很像
Catch the ball.
接住球
Very good.
很好
What a catch.
接得漂亮
Well done, Tipu. Isn’t it easy?
做得好 提布 很容易吧?
Now, throw the ball.
I’ll show you how to hit it.
现在丢球 我示范给你看怎么打
Throw.
丢球
Wow. That’s some throw.
这球丢得真漂亮
You throw well, Tipu.
你丢得很好 提布
Gauri. Throw it here.
歌♥莉 把球丢过来
Hey, Gauri.
歌♥莉
What are you doing?
Go heat the water.
你在做什么?去烧水
Here, Tipu.
接着 提布
Now, watch me this time.
It’s very easy.
这次看我怎么打 很简单的
Darn.
可恶
The stick slipped.
棍子滑掉了
My hands are sweaty, that’s why.
我的手流汗了 所以才滑掉
This should do the trick.
这样应该就行了
Okay, Tipu, throw.
好了 提布 丢吧
And don’t feel bad.
不用放水
This time I’ll whack it hard.
这一次我会用力打出去
“I’ll whack it hard.”
还“用力打出去”咧
Wow.
太厉害了
Hey, Bagha, throw the ball.
巴加 把球丢过来
-May I say something, Father?
-What?
-爸爸 我能说句话吗? -什么事?
I feel Bhuvan is doing the right thing.
我觉得布凡做的是对的
All right.
Go and see if the water’s done.
好了 去看水烧开了没
That’s it, Bagha. Hit it hard.
站在那边 巴加 用力打
Well done, Bagha.
打得好 巴加
Bhuvan, like Bagha,
even I’m with you.
布凡 我跟巴加一样支持你
Who are they, Father?
爸爸 他们是谁?
Ramprasad and Namdeo.
Chiefs of Tanpur and Bhund.
兰普拉♥萨♥和南迪欧 坦普尔和庞德的村长
But why are they with so many people?
但他们带这么多人来干嘛?
-Who’s Bhuvan?
-Bhuvan?
-谁是布凡? -布凡?
There he is.
他在那里
There he is.
他在那里
Stop, Ramprasad. Stop it.
住手 兰普拉♥萨♥
-Respect the code of honor.
-I’ve no quarrel with your village.
-尊重荣耀法则 -我与你的村子没有争端
-We’ve come to teach Bhuvan a lesson.
-Ramprasad.
-我们是来教训布凡的 -兰普拉♥萨♥
Why should we suffer
for what he’s done?
我们为何得为他做的事受害?
You bigmouth.
Who are you to decide for us?
你这个大嘴巴 你凭什么替我们做决定?
-I’ve done what is good for us.
-Is this what you call doing good?
-我是做对我们有益的事 -你称这种事叫有益?
You must beg for forgiveness
from the white officer.
你得去求白人军官的原谅
As for your game, to hell with that.
取消你那什么鬼比赛
No? You are asking for trouble.
不去?那你就是自找麻烦了
Be calm, Ramprasad.
It’ll be as you say.
冷静 兰普拉♥萨♥ 他会照办的
-But, Chief–
-Enough, Bhuvan.
-村长 可是… -够了 布凡
No more of your nonsense.
你不要再胡闹了
We must go to our king.
我们得去见王公
The issue is no more about the temple,
game or double tax.
现在重点已不是上庙参拜 球赛或双倍税赋
It’s about the British honor…
而是英国人的荣誉…
and Captain Russell’s ego.
和罗素上尉的自尊
Talk to the white officer once more,
Your Highness.
请再向白人军官说情 陛下
Forgive him, Your Highness.
He is naive.
请原谅他 陛下 他太天真了
He got carried away.
他是一时激动
It doesn’t matter what he is.
不管他是怎么样的人
He has challenged the
British on your behalf.
他已经代表你们挑战英国人
He is ready to apologize
the British officer, and so are we.
他准备好向英国♥军♥官道歉了 我们也是
Yes, sir.
没错 陛下
I’ll agree to 100 whiplashes.
我愿意接受一百下鞭刑
-But I won’t apologize.
-What?
-但我不会道歉的 -什么?
It’s too late for forgiving.
现在请求原谅太迟了
You must pay for what you have done.
你们必须为自己的作为付出代价
So, what shall we do then?
那我们该怎么做呢?
I suggest you learn their game.
我建议你们学会打他们的比赛
Why are all these other
guys standing in the field?
其他人为什么站在场地上?
Like in gilli-danda,
to catch the gilli. I mean, the ball.
就像大小棍 为了接住小棍…我是说球
出局了 先生
Why does he point
his finger at the sky?
他为什么用手指向天空?
Even I’m trying to understand that.
这一点我也还在想
He’s thinking of his mother.
She’s sitting up there, right?
他在想自己的母亲 她已经到天上去了吧?
在正面区投球
不好意思 我去走一走
Quiet.
安静
This bug’s after me.
这只虫一直在烦我
Quiet.
安静
Quiet. The white lady is coming over.
不要出声 那个白人小姐过来了
Darn, it got in.
该死的 它跑进去了
Oh, no. It will kill me.
不要啊 它会杀了我
小莉!怎么了?这些黑鬼在烦你吗?
没事 他们是农民
我认识他们 谢谢 继续打球吧
我知道你们躲在树丛做什么
你们想学板球怎么打
No, ma’am.
We’re only trying to learn the game.
不是 小姐 我们只是想学板球
我以为你们是想学板球
What’s she saying, Brother Bhuvan?
她在说什么 布凡哥哥?
I think she’s telling us to go.
我想她是要我们离开
All right, ma’am, we’ll leave.
好的 小姐 我们会离开的
不是!等一下
兰辛!
Yes, ma’am?
是的 小姐
有何能效劳的?
兰辛 替我告诉他们 我想帮他们学习怎么打板球
是的 小姐
Ma’am says she’ll help you understand…
小姐说她要帮你们学…
Ma’am, just a minute.
小姐 借一步说话
What if Mr. Russell finds out?
若被罗素先生发现怎么办?
I mean, he’ll get angry.
他会很生气的
兰辛 我能信任你吗?
Of course, ma’am.
当然可以 小姐
这件事别让其他人知道
All right, ma’am.
好的 小姐
No one will know.
不会有人知道的
Ma’am says she wants to
help you understand the game.
小姐说她想帮你们学板球
Really?
真的吗?
But why? After all, she’s white, too?
可是为什么?毕竟她也是白人啊?
他们想知道您为何想这么做
毕竟您也是白人
跟他说…因为我知道 他们受到不公平待遇
我想给他们平等的机会
Ma’am knows injustice
has been done to you.
小姐知道你们受到不公平待遇
That’s why she wants
to give you an equal chance.
所以她想给你们平等的机会
We’re pleased to accept. Thank you.
我们乐于接受 谢谢你
他乐于接受您的帮助

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!