pay twice the amount
今年你们要上缴两倍的
of wheat, maize and rice.
小麦、玉米和稻米
The double tax will
apply to the whole province.
整个省都要交两倍的税
-How can this be possible?
-This is tyranny.
-这怎么可能啊? -这是横征暴敛
Double tax.
双倍税赋
Demon!
Why don’t you just skin us alive?
恶魔!你们把我们活生生剥皮好了
The king knows our plight.
Even then, double tax?
王公明知我们的困境 还要收双倍税赋?
What have we done to be
levied with this double tax?
我们做了什么 要被强征双倍税赋?
We didn’t pay on time last year.
And we paid only half.
我们去年没有准时交税 而且只付了一半
Father, it was the king who
waived it because it didn’t rain.
爸爸 那是王公因为干旱而准许的
Oh, God.
天啊
Hugs one year and curses the next.
先施以小惠 再予以重惩
We’re being punished for it now.
Hats off to you.
我们现在被惩罚了 真是多谢啊
Quiet, Lakha.
住嘴 拉卡
l won’t hear one
word against our king.
我不允许有人说王公的不是
He and his ancestors
have protected us.
他和他的祖先一直在保护我们
So? Was that a favor?
所以呢?这是在帮我们?
It is the duty of a tree to shelter.
身为王公本来就该保护人♥民♥
All I want to know is
我只想知道
how long will we fill their coffers?
我们到何时才能让他们满足?
Try and understand, Arjan.
试着理解王公的难处吧 亚占
The double tax requirement comes
from those white people, not the king.
双倍税赋的命令是来自那些白人 不是王公的意思
Chief, whether we put it
into the right hand or the left,
村长 不管最终是谁获得税收
it is still we who pay.
交税的仍是我们
I say we all go to
the palace and talk to him.
我认为我们该去他的皇宫找他谈
He’s seen the empty skies, too.
他也知道很久没下雨了
We’ll say we cannot pay tax this year.
我们就说今年无法交税
Not a single grain.
一颗谷物都交不出来
What if the king refuses
even after hearing us?
若王公听了我们的要求仍拒绝呢?
Then our sighs would
grow to become a voice.
那么我们就要化被动为主动
Meaning? You’ll fight?
什么意思?你要抗争吗?
-If it’s necessary, then I will.
-Have you lost your mind?
-若有必要 我会的 -你疯了吗?
If you offend the king, it’s not just you,
but we’ll all be ruined.
若你冒犯王公 不只是你 我们全都会完蛋
Is your life all joy
and comfort right now?
难道你现在过得很愉快舒服吗?
Whatever. I won’t let the whole village
come to harm.
那不是重点 我不会让所有村民受到伤害的
What should we do?
那我们应该怎么做?
Sell our homes? Our cattle? Ourselves?
把房♥子卖♥♥掉? 把我们的牲畜和自己卖♥♥掉吗?
What justice is it
to demand double tax?
这样收双倍税赋有何道理?
Chief, there he is.
村长 他在那里
Where are you going?
你们想去哪里?
Please. It’s very important
that we meet the king.
麻烦你 我们有重要的事找王公谈
We’ve already been to his palace.
我们去过他的宫殿了
But the game is going on.
但正在进行比赛
Sit here.
You must wait until the game is over.
在这里坐着 等比赛结束再说
-All of you, sit down.
-Okay.
-所有人坐下 -好的
Sit, sit.
坐下吧
What are they playing?
他们在玩什么?
God knows what these
white guys are playing.
天晓得这些白人在干嘛
It’s quite like our game, gilli-danda.
这跟我们的大小棍游戏很像
Why are they playing
a kid’s game then?
他们干嘛玩小孩子的游戏?
-厉害吧? -怎么样啊?
Any clouds up there?
天上有云吗?
-好球 -好球
这球打得很漂亮吧?
你不该碰球的
该死的黑鬼 逮捕他
Long live Your Highness.
陛下万岁
What are you all doing here?
你们在这里做什么?
Forgive us.
请原谅我们
We came to see you,
not to see their stupid game.
我们是来见您的 不是要看他们的蠢游戏
We are desperate here
and now he hits Bhura?
我们都快急死了 他还打布拉?
罗素上尉…
I didn’t like what you just said.
我不喜欢你说的话
Forgive them.
原谅他们吧
They’ve come to me with their problems.
They’ve suffered a lot.
他们是来找我解决问题 他们已经受很多苦了
The boy is an innocent anyway.
那个少年也是无辜的
He’s not so innocent.
他可没这么无辜
It was you in the jungle, right?
在丛林里的人也是你 对吧?
All right.
好吧
We’ll decide this after the game.
我们打完比赛再定夺
先放了他
走吧 各位 继续比赛
-We’ll talk after the game.
-As you wish, Your Highness.
-我们比赛后再谈 -好的 陛下
打得好 史密斯
Long live Your Highness.
陛下万岁
All right, Chief. What’s the matter?
说吧 村长 是什么事?
As you are aware, Your Highness,
如您所见 陛下
there has been no rain.
很久没下雨了
If we can live on…
若我们能…
what we have this year,
we may be able to get by.
靠今年的收成过活 也许能撑过去
Our liege lord,
we’ve come to make a plea.
尊贵的君王 我们是来向您恳求的
Waive off the tax for this year, Lord.
请免去今年的税赋 陛下
Listen, Chief.
听着 村长
I fully understand what
you are all going through.
我完全理解你们的处境
But nothing is in my hands.
但这并非我能决定
These whites don’t even spare
their own kin.
这些白人连自己的亲属都不通融
You will have to pay double tax.
你们必须交双倍税赋
-We’ll die of hunger.
-We’ll starve.
-我们会饿死 -我们会挨饿的
Any problem, Your Highness?
有问题吗 陛下?
Captain Russell, they have
come with a request.
罗素上尉 他们前来有事相求
And that is?
什么事?
They want to be exempted
from paying tax.
他们想要免交赋税
l told them it’s not possible.
我跟他们说是不可能的
-Listen–
-But it is possible.
-听着… -有可能
How?
怎么做?
I’ll tell you.
我会告诉你的
All right.
好啊
I’ll cancel the tax.
我会取消征税
-Sir has agreed to it.
-But there’s a condition.
-长官同意了 -但有个条件
Condition?
条件?
What condition, sir?
什么条件 长官?
You.
那个人
Come here.
过来
What was that you said about our game?
你刚说我们的比赛是什么?
他怎么说的?
Yes, “A stupid game.”
对了 他说是“愚蠢的游戏”
What do you know about this game?
你对这游戏了解多少?
We’ve played it since we were kids.
我们从小就玩
We call it gilli-danda and…
我们叫它大小棍…
who knows what you call it?
-你们叫什么? -板球!
So, you’re saying that
you can play cricket, too?
所以你是说你们也会打板球?
Yes, it’s easy.
对啊 很简单
All right. I’ll cancel the tax.
那好 我会取消征税
But you must defeat us in this game.
但你们得在比赛中击败我们
This is the condition.
这就是条件
You beat us at this game

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!