Or have you made use of that as well?
安装了新的发电机之后 我们可以减少劳动力
With the new generators, we’ll be able to reduce the workforce.
-就可以避免罢♥工♥了 -那工人们怎么办
-Striking will be impossible. -What about the workers?
他们不是非得替我♥干♥活 我也不是非得雇用他们
No man’s forced to work for me. I’m not forced to hire them.
-怪不得工人们都恨你 -他们才不恨我呢
-No wonder the men hate you. -They don’t hate me.
他们得依靠我 应该感激才对
They depend on me. They should be grateful.
没有人照料的话 他们会饿死的
They’d starve without someone to tend them.
你谈论他们的口气 就好像他们是一群牲口
You talk about them as if they’re herd animals.
不全都是
Not all of them.
时不时地会有人从人群中脱颖而出
An individual may rise from the pack now and again.
这些人中的大多数 有史以来就是被人统治的
Most of those men have been ruled since time began.
而你可以统治他们
And you can rule them?
是啊 因为我从小接受的 就是这样的教育和训练
Yes, because I’ve been brought up and trained to do so.
这是我的社会角色 正如他们的角色是提供劳务一样
That’s my role in society, as it’s their place to serve.
那么我们之间 没有什么共同的人性吗
So there is no shared humanity between us?
我们都需要吃饭和呼吸 但除此之外没有共同之处
We all need to eat and breathe, but beyond that, no.
我们去泉水那边吧
Shall we go as far as the spring?
你好啊 梅勒斯先生
Good day to you, Mr. Mellors!
哎呦
-Ayuh.
等等 克利福德 我来推
Wait, Clifford. I’ll push.
要被推才走的话 那这东西还有什么用
What’s the use of the thing if she needs to be pushed?
-你让它更难动弹了 -安静一会儿好吗
-You’re making it worse! -Be quiet a moment, will you?
废铜烂铁
Damn thing!
等等 停下来
-Wait, stop!
梅勒斯
-Mellors.
-在 克利福德爵士 -知道怎么对付发动机故障吗
-Yes, Sir Clifford? -Know anything about blasted motors?
-恐怕不知道 出问题了 -当然了
-I’m afraid not. Has she gone wrong? -Apparently!
快来看看有没有什么东西坏了
Just have a look and see that nothing’s broken.
嗯…
No.
要我看都还好 爵士
Seems all right as far as I can see, sir.
那就往后站
Then stand back.
-要不然我来推一把 -不用 它可以自己走
-Maybe if I give it a push. -No. She’ll do it herself.
对吧
Yeah?
看到没 很好
-You see? Good.
你在推吗 我告诉过你不用推
Are you pushing? I asked you not.
-我不推的话它不会动的 -给它个机会 伙计
-It won’t go if I don’t. -Give it a chance, man!
克利福德 你的手刹
Clifford, watch your brake.
-好吧 -克利福德
-Right. Fine. -Clifford!
很明显 我得听任所有人的摆布
It’s obvious I’m at everybody’s bloody mercy.
梅勒斯先生 看起来它需要你推一把
It would seem, Mr. Mellors, that she would need to be pushed.
-你愿意吗 -当然了 爵士
Do you mind? -Not at all, sir.
来吧
Right.
等一下
-Hang on, hang on.
二 三
-Two, three.
动了
Bombs away.
好了
-There we are.
看在上帝的份上 你怎么了
For God’s sake, man, what’s the matter with you?
我的肺有点问题 爵士
Lungs are a bit knackered, sir.
战争留下的小纪念品
Little souvenir from the war.
你又在干什么
What the hell are you doing?
-他需要我的帮助 克利福德 -上帝啊
-He needs my help, Clifford! -God’s sake.
你没事吧
You all right?
我觉得那部轮椅需要一套新轮子
I suppose the other chair will need a new set of wheels.
你觉得自己是什么人
Who do you think you are?
你怎么能那么对待一个人
I mean, how can you treat someone like that?
谁 那个看猎场的
Who? The gamekeeper?
他也在战场上受过伤
He was injured in the war as well.
如果在那把椅子上的人是他 你会对他做什么
I mean, if he was in that chair, what would you have done to him?
我不能接受你拿我跟他作比较
I find your comparison in very bad taste.
你这么缺乏基本的同情心 才是最令人难以接受的
I find your lack of common sympathy to be in the worst taste imaginable.
你和你们这帮统治阶级
You and your ruling class.
我本以为你跟他们不一样 我错了
I thought you were different, but you’re not.
你迫使别人为了一周2英镑而卖♥♥命 不然他们就得挨饿
You make people work for £2 a week or starve.
克利福德 这不叫统治
It’s not ruling, Clifford.
这叫欺压
That’s bullying.
进来吧
Come on in, then.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起我伤害了你
I’m sorry for hurting you.
我要你不是为了想怀上孩子 奥利弗
I don’t want you for the sake of a child… Oliver.
我就是想要你
I just want you.
明白吗
All right?
明白
All right.
但克利福德必须得相信 我尝试过维持我和他的关系
But Clifford has to believe that I tried to keep us together.
这本是他的主意
That this was his idea,
只是最终计划走了样
just all gone terribly wrong.
为了让他同意跟我离婚 为了我们能在一起
For him to give me a divorce, for us to be together,
他必须得相信这一点
he needs to believe that.
我只是想跟你在一起
I just want to be with you.
如果你也这样想的话
If that’s what you want.
问题不在于想要什么 康妮 你知道我想要什么
It’s not about wanting, Connie. You know what I want.
我自己还得和伯莎离婚
I’ve still got to get a divorce from Bertha meself.
伯莎怎么了
What happened with Bertha?
我去打仗后 她跟了别的男人
I went off to war, she carried on with other men.
现在又拒绝跟我离婚
And now she refuses to divorce me.
-她的那个男人怎么说呢 -内德
-What about her other man? -Ned?
他是个没主见的
-Mm-hmm. -He’s a big baby of a fella.
任由伯莎蹂躏摆布
She bullies him.
他俩都酗酒 他被教唆来这里骚扰我 要我的战争津贴
They both drink, he gets sent around here to harass me for me war pension.
来吧 我们别吵了
Aye, let’s dinna fight.
对不起
I’m sorry.
要不我们干脆一走了之吧
Why don’t we just leave them all behind?
去澳大利亚
Go to Australia.
去随便什么地方…
Go somewhere…
哪里都行
Anywhere.
-我们三个 -就我们一家人
-The three of us? -Just our family.
没有人对我们指指点点
No one would judge us.
把孩子生到这个世界上 似乎是一件错误而痛苦的事情
Seems a wrong and bitter thing to be bringing a child into this world.
-你不是说真格的吧 -我是
-You don’t mean that. -I do.
-不 -我说的是这个世界
-No. -No, I mean this world here.
我为我们感到高兴
I’m pleased for us.
我为你高兴而感到高兴
I’m pleased for you to be pleased.
可看看这个世界 人们是怎么对待自己同类的
But when I think about around here, what man has done to man…
领袖是怎么对待所谓的同胞的
…what leaders of men have done to their so-called fellow men.
他们泯灭了人性
Reduced them to less than humanness.
就像行尸走肉 一心只想着钱
Half corpses and they think about nowt but money.
活着就是为了赚钱
Living to make money.
并不是每个人 都能自♥由♥地过上自己想要的生活
But not all of us have the freedom to live life how we want.
不是每个人都能做自己…
Not all of us can do as we–
康妮
Connie.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
来吧
Come on!
她去哪里了 都好几个小时了
Where is she? She’s been gone for hours.
准是因为大雨 她才没法回来
Well, I’m sure it’s just the rain that’s keeping her.
她多半正在小屋里避雨
She’s… she’s probably sheltering in the hut.
-我要派沃伦和贝茨去找她 -不 别这么做
-I’ll send Warren and Betts to find her. -No, don’t you do that.
那样只会让大家传闲话
It’ll only get people talking.
我会去一趟小屋看看她在不在
I’ll slip over to the hut and, uh, see if she’s there.
-什么 把我一个人留在这儿 -别担心
-What? And leave me here alone? -Oh, don’t you worry.
我们马上就回来
We’ll be back in no time.
-哎呦 -哎呦
-Ayup. -Ayup.
-哎呦 我的狗 -哎呦 我的狗
-Ayup, me duck. -Ayup, me duck.
我星期四出发去威尼斯
I leave for Venice on Thursday.
那天晚上我会来小屋
I’ll come by the cottage that night.
夫人
Milady?
夫人 您在这里
Oh, milady, there you are.
克利福德爵士让我来找您 他担心出了什么事
Sir Clifford asked me to look for you. He was worried something had happened.
没什么 我一直在小屋里避雨
No. No, I was sheltering in the hut from the rain.
博尔顿太太
Mrs. Bolton.
夫人 有博尔顿太太来接 我就不送您了
Your Ladyship would be quite all right from here.
祝你晚安 夫人 祝您晚安
Good evening to you. Good evening to you, Your Ladyship.
我不是个孩子 跟踪我的做法真是太可怕了