You never wanted to remarry?
天啊
-Oh, Lord.
-你只爱过泰德一个人 -是啊
Ted was the only one? He was.
但是 夫妻结合 一起成长
But you and your man, you know, you grow together.
生活中还能有谁
Who else is there in life?
当然 会有孩子 但是…
Children, of course, but…
-抱歉 我不该提孩子的 -不
-I’m sorry, that was thoughtless of me. -No.
别担心 没关系
Don’t worry. It’s fine.
其实 不光是没关系
More than fine, actually.
这件事可能还有希望
There still might be some hope in that regard.
您和克利福德爵士
-For you and Sir Clifford?
医生说他恢复得相当不错
Doctor says his recovery is remarkable.
谁说得准呢
So who knows?
我还是有希望生个孩子的
I might have a child yet.
我希望您心想事成 为您祈祷
Well, I hope and pray that you do.
要我给您拿块毯子吗
Can I get you a blanket?
不用了 谢谢你
No, I’m fine, thank you.
好好睡觉吧 留些小秘密以后再聊
Sleep well. Save some secrets for our next conversation.
晚安
Good night.
过来吧 小家伙
Come on now, you lass.
最好出去转转
I think we’re best off outside.
来吧
Come on.
我在这里
-There, there.
夫人还没起床吗
Has Her Ladyship not risen yet?
她比我起得早
-She got up before I did. -Hmm.
那她已经用过早餐了
She’s already had her breakfast, then.
是的 她出去散步了
Yes. She’s out on one of her walks.
我今天也起得很早
I was up early myself.
今早有不少人出来走动
There were a lot of people out this morn.
-那个猎场守卫… -帮我去拿点新鲜奶油好吗
-The gamekeeper, he was– -Could you get me some fresh cream?
-是 爵士 -谢谢
-Yes, sir. -Thank you.
自从克利福德爵士接管以来
-Since Sir Clifford took over,
那些可怜的矿工都要被榨干了
they’ve been working the poor miners to the bone.
有了那些机器 工作不是该更轻松才对吗
I thought the machines were supposed to make the work easier.
那都是少雇人多赚钱的花招
It’s a way to make more money with fewer workers.
他的钱还不够多吗
Don’t he have enough money already?
我敢说是他夫人要花钱买♥♥首饰和绸缎
Oh, bet his lady needs her baubles and silk
好在我们面前显示高贵
so she can lord her station over the rest of us.
这话不对 她不是那种人
No, she’s not like that.
她像尊重王公贵族一样
She treats folks who work with her
尊重在她身边干活的人
with the same respect she’d treat a lord or lady.
我家莉莉也是这么评价她的
My Lily says the same about her.
那她就该嫁个更好的男人
Well, she deserves better then.
嫁给个残废 太命苦了
Such a hard lot that’s fallen to her.
其实 克利福德爵士可能没有 我们想象中那么残废
Oh! As it happens, uh, Sir Clifford may not be quite as done in as we thought.
他的腿是不能动了 但是别的东西没准还能动
Oh, his legs won’t work again, but, you know, rest might.
夫人甚至暗示过 很快会有个孩子
Her Ladyship has even suggested there might be a child one day soon.
什么
What?
不会吧
-No!
-太好了 -你们听说过这样的事吗
-That’s amazing. -You ever heard of such a thing?
(钻机图解)
这些能用多长时间
How long should these things last?
如果好好维护保养 应该可以够几代人用
If we keep them in good repair, for generations.
说到这个 爵士 如果您不介意 我想问一句
Speaking of which, sir, if you don’t mind my asking,
目前有谣言说
is there any truth to the rumor
勒格贝有望后继有人 这是真的吗
that we may still have hope of an heir at Wragby?
有这种谣言
Are there rumors?
是的
Yes.
每个人都在问我 对这件事有多少了解
Everyone’s been asking me what I know about it.
如果这是无端的谣言 我会很乐意澄清事实
I am happy to set the record straight if the rumor’s unfounded.
是啊
Indeed.
嗯…
Well…
确实还有希望
there may yet be hope.
康
Hello, Con.
我刚跟林利先生
I’ve just had
进行了一次最有意思的谈话
the most interesting meeting with Mr. Linley.
有谣言说 你将为勒格贝
Have you heard the rumor
生一位继承人 这你听说过吗
that you are to supply Wragby with an heir?
没听说过
No.
这是玩笑吗
Is it a joke?
我倒是希望这是某种预言
I’d hoped it might be a prophecy.
我收到一封父亲的来信
I received a letter from Father.
有人请他七八月份去威尼斯
He’s been invited to Venice for July and August
他想要我和希尔达跟他一起去
and has asked me and Hilda to come with him.
七月和八月
July and August?
我不必待那么久
I wouldn’t need to go for that long.
去办我们谈过的那件事
Three weeks should be more than enough time
三周时间应该绰绰有余
for what we discussed.
已经都计划好了吗
Have plans already been set in motion?
还没有
Not just yet.
我能百分百确定 你会想再回到我身边吗
If I were absolutely certain you’d want to come back to me?
我当然会回来
Of course I would.
我不想知道那个人的名字
I don’t want to know his name.
谁也不能知道
No one can.
如果是那样 我觉得应该没问题 对吧
Well, in that case, I think it ought to be all right, don’t you?
你知道你对我来说有多重要
You know how much you mean to me,
对不对
don’t you?
你对我也很重要
And you to me.
我得出去一段时间
I have to go away for a while.
-去哪里 -威尼斯
-Where? -Venice.
爵士也去吗
With Sir Clifford?
-去多久 -就去一两个月
-For how long? -Just a couple of months.
但是克利福德不去
But no, not with Clifford.
他这副样子 不喜欢出门
He doesn’t like to travel how he is.
是啊 可怜虫
Aye.
The poor devil.
-你不会忘记我吧 -忘记
-You won’t forget about me. -Forget?
你知道的 没人会忘记
-Mm-hmm. -You know nobody forgets.
这不是记忆的问题
It’s not a question of memory.
听着…
Look, um…
我告诉克利福德 我可能会怀上孩子
I told Clifford I might have a child.
是吗
You did?
我觉得自己已经…怀上了
I… I think I’m already… expecting.
奥利弗
Oliver?
他说什么了
What did he say?
他说只要让人感觉
He said he’d be glad
孩子是他的 他就会很高兴
as long as the child seemed to be his.
那么克利福德爵士认为 这孩子是从哪里来的呢
So where does Sir Clifford suppose that this child is coming from?
-我说我可能会在威尼斯有场外遇 -你可能会 所以你才要去那里
-I said I might have an affair in Venice. -You might. So that’s why you’re going.
不是真有外遇 只是看起来像是有过而已
Not to have the affair. Just the appearance of one.
所以这就是你想要我的原因
So that’s why you wanted me then.
为了怀上孩子
To get a child.
当然不是了 奥利弗
Of course not, Oliver.
我没计划过会跟你在一起 这一切都不是计划好的 真的
I never planned on you. I never planned on any of this, really.
那你的计划是什么 康妮
What was the plan then, Connie?
你的真正计划是什么
What was the plan, really?
-计划是什么 -我…
-What was the plan? -I–
-我不知道 -你不知道吗
-I don’t know. -You don’t know?
那我他妈也不知道
Well, then, I am damned if I do.
天啊
Fucking hell.
夫人您想怎样都行
Well, it’s as Your Ladyship likes.
如果您喜得贵子 克利福德爵士大可视如己出
If you get a child, Sir Clifford’s welcome to it.
我不会有什么损失
I shan’t have lost anything.
恰恰相反 这过程我很享受
On the contrary, I’ve had a nice experience.
-别这么说 -就算你利用了我
-Don’t talk like that. -If you’ve made use of me,
也没关系 反正我也不是第一次被人利用
it’s not the first time I’ve been made use of, is it?
而且以前被利用时 没这次这么愉快
I don’t suppose it’s ever been as pleasant as this time.
当然了 这种事情 没法让人觉得特别有尊严
Of course, one can’t feel tremendously dignified about it.
我没利用你 奥利弗
I didn’t make use of you… Oliver.
夫人想怎样都行
As Your Ladyship pleases.
您忘了您的书
-You forgot your book.
难道这也只是您的道具而已