以他那出身 尝到一点受重视的甜头 然后一脚踏空
What do you expect, giving a fellow like that rank and a sense of importance
你觉得他会怎么样
then taking it all away?
亲爱的希尔达
Dear Hilda,
我希望伦敦没有整个星期都在下雨
I hope it hasn’t been raining all week in London.
因为这里一直在下
It has here.
在这之前 我已经能随心所欲地各处走动
Until now, I’ve been able to go out and explore the grounds all I liked.
但过去这一周的大部分时间 我都被困在室内
But I’ve spent most of this last week cooped up,
很想回到外面的世界
aching to get back outside.
这封信是在我发现的一个小屋里写的
I’m writing now from a little hut I found.
躲在这个秘密的地方 我可以逃避这个世界
A secret place where I can hide away from the world.
除我之外 只有一个人会来这里
Only one other person comes here.
别担心 我马上就走 来这里只是为了避避雨
Don’t worry. I was just going. Only came to get out the rain.
这个
Here.
我弄到第二把钥匙之前 会把它放在这里
I shall leave this here until I get another one.
看看你 你一定是庄园的主人
Look at you. You must be lord of the manor.
这玩法很简单
So, it’s a simple enough game.
用的是32张牌 从7到A…
It begins with a 32-card deck running seven through ace…
他去年去世了 享年83岁
…he died last year from a fall. Eighty-three he was.
-小鸡已经开始孵化了 -好的
-The chicks have started hatching. -Oh, good.
听听这个 我收到了马德里的信♥号♥♥
-I got Madrid. Listen to this.
他们在说什么
What are they saying?
该死
Damn!
信♥号♥♥中断了
-I’ve lost the signal.
该死
Damn!
年轻人…
Well, the young have…
据说大多数人都已经离开特弗肖 因为煤矿没剩下多少可挖的了
Most have left Tevershall, they say, now the coal’s running thin.
要不了多久这镇子就完了
It won’t be long before the town’s finished.
完了 他们真这么说的
-Finished? Are they really saying that? -Hmm.
博尔顿太太 你去给矿场打个电♥话♥好吗
Mrs. Bolton, will you call down to the mines?
-请林利先生过来一起吃晚餐 -好的 爵士 我一定安排好
-See that Mr. Linley joins us for dinner. -Will do, sir. Absolutely.
真希望能跟你一起去威尼斯
I wish I could be with you in Venice,
但是克利福德说他这里离不开我
but Clifford says he can’t manage here without me.
至少现在离不开
Not yet at least.
但是我答应你 下一个假期我会过去
But I’ll come on the next holiday, I promise.
爱你的妹妹 康妮
With love, your sister Connie.
一旦他们提升利润
Well, if it starts to increase profits.
就能在可预见的未来维持经营
That should keep them in business for the foreseeable future.
-我们也可以进行现代化改造啊 -克利福德 你的写作怎么办
-We can modernize as well. Why not? -Clifford, what about your writing?
文学界不需要我
The literary world doesn’t need me.
但是矿业危在旦夕 需要我来拯救
But the mine’s a sinking ship. It needs a proper captain to save her.
你不觉得矿工们的生活 已经够惨了吗
Don’t you think the miners have led grim enough lives?
你不能帮他们改换行业吗
I mean, couldn’t you just help them move on?
改成哪一行 乞讨
To what? Begging?
“帮他们改换行业” 只有女人才会说出这种话
“Help them move on.” You talk like a woman.
你还真是个男人
Spoken like a man.
林利先生 建一座化工厂
Mr. Linley, how much might it cost us,
大约需要多少资金
a ballpark, to build a chemical work?
我估计大约需要 500到700英镑的启动资金
Initially, I’d say around £500 to £700.
显然 这里头会有不确定因素…
Obviously, within that, there is contingency…
我来看看小鸡
Came to see the chicks.
孵出多少了
How many do we have now?
-18只 -18只
-Eighteen. -Eighteen.
我能拿一只摸摸吗
Can I touch one?
请便
Yeah, go on.
要是它啄我怎么办
What if it pecks at me?
那你也啄它
Just peck it back.
你得…
You just…
就这样 轻一点
That’s it. Gently.
-它在发抖 -你抖得更厉害
-He’s trembling. -You’re trembling more than he is.
就这样
That’s the way.
夫人
-Milady?
来…
Here…
你去边上坐一会儿怎么样
Shall we get you sat down in there a minute?
-对不起 -没关系
-I’m so sorry. -It’s all right.
对不起
Sorry.
日子一直过得不顺吧
So that’s how it’s been, eh?
别哭了
Dinna cry.
你在炉火边上坐一下
Let’s get you by the fire.
-我去弄点柴火 -好了
-I want more firewood. -Okay.
请你别走
Please don’t go.
我送你回去
I’ll walk you back.
你还好吗 夫人
You all right, milady?
你呢
You?
剩下的路我最好自己走
I should probably go on alone.
那再见了
Goodbye then.
再见 夫人
Goodbye, milady.
您回来了 夫人 我还以为您迷路了
There you are, milady. I thought you’d gone lost.
没有 我什么事都没有
No, I’m absolutely fine.
你为什么要锁门 我只是去看看新孵出来的小鸡
Why did you lock the door? I only went to see the new chicks.
对不起
Sorry.
我没跟客人们打招呼就走了 克利福德生气了吗
Is Clifford upset? I didn’t say goodbye to the guests.
他什么都没说 还在陪着林利先生呢
Oh, he hasn’t said anything. He’s still in with Mr. Linley.
所以他没发现我出去了
Oh, so he didn’t notice I was gone?
夫人 您是了解克利福德爵士的
-Oh, Milady, you know Sir Clifford.
晚安
Night.
不会 跟另一个设备很相似
No, no, of course, it’s uh… It’s very similar…
-晚安 康妮 -晚安
-Good night, Con. -Good night.
我一直在等你
I’ve been waiting for you.
您总来这里
Don’t you think folks
不怕大家会起疑心吗
will become suspicious if you keep coming here?
想象一下 被人知道您跟您丈夫的 猎场看守混在一起 你会感到多丢人
Imagine how lowered you’d feel, you with your husband’s gamekeeper.
你怕了
You afraid?
我确实怕了
I bloody well am.
对 我害怕极了
I bloody well am, yeah.
我怕的不是别人怎么看待我 夫人
Not of what people think of me, milady.
但是万一您后悔我们之间发…
But if you were to ever feel sorry for what we’ve been–
我们得抓紧
We have to be quick.
-我需要你 -要什么
这个
This.
我不能久留
I can’t stay long.
会惹人耳目
Someone will notice.
看着我
Look at me.
我得走了
I need to go.
在你眼里我们俩还是陌生人
Do we still feel like strangers to you?
你说什么
Pardon me?
我们俩还是陌生人吗
Do we still feel like strangers?
不像我所知道的陌生人那样
Not like strangers I’ve ever known.
明天来小屋
Come to the cottage tomorrow.
我尽量
If I can.
晚安
Good night.
晚安 夫人
Good night, then, Your Ladyship.
-奥利弗 -什么
-Oliver. -Yes?
如果我们能在这里生产这种燃料 那就会…
If we can produce that fuel here, then it’ll–
康妮
Connie?
康妮 你还好吗
-Connie… Are you all right? -Hmm.
-又不舒服了 -没有 对不起 你刚才在说什么
-Not feeling unwell again? -No, not at all. Sorry. You were saying.
我知道这些天 我张嘴闭嘴都是采矿的事情
I know the mine seems to be all I speak of these days.
但是特弗肖是我的
But Tevershall belongs to me.
总有一天会传给一位继承人
One day it will belong to an heir.
矿场需要我们的帮助
And the mine needs our help.
我们必须进行现代化改造
We must modernize.
你和我
-You and me.
我亲爱的姐姐 你在婚礼上说的话我想了很多
My dear sister… I’ve thought a lot about what you said at the wedding.
你说我很容易敞开心扉
That I open my heart too easily.
战争爆发前可能是这样
That may have been true before the war,
但是我觉得现在没有那么容易了
but I don’t think it is any longer.
最近我觉得自己的心扉再次敞开
Lately, I’ve felt my heart opening up again.
即使有种种警告
Despite all warnings.
而且我可以向你保证
-And I can assure you… -Connie.
-这一次并不容易 -看着我
-…nothing about it has been easy. -Look at me.
看着我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!