这把椅子也不怎么适合我 希尔达
This chair doesn’t very much suit me either, Hilda.
你有什么主意 再帮他找一个你认识的德国兵
What do you propose? Find her another of your German soldiers?
她需要看病 你这里有家庭医生吗
She needs to see a doctor. Do you have one you, uh, use around here?
我会找一个
I’ll look into it.
不行 我会把她带到 我们信任的医生那里
No. I’ll take her to a doctor we trust.
与此同时
In the meantime,
你必须雇人来照顾你的个人起居
you must hire someone to take care of you personally.
-我这样挺好 不劳你费心 -我担心的不是你
-I’m doing perfectly well, thank you. -I’m not worried about you, Clifford.
她照顾你的时候 谁在照顾她
Who’s taking care of her while she’s taking care of you?
-康妮和我会讨论这件事的 -康妮和我已经讨论过了
-Connie and I will discuss it. -Connie and I already have.
我相信你认识这个女人
-I believe you know this woman.
博尔顿太太 她在你小时候照顾过你
Mrs. Bolton. She cared for you when you were young.
康妮不会再当你的护理员了
Connie won’t be your caregiver any longer.
我们非常感谢你能来 真的
We’re so grateful that you could come. Really.
克利福德爵士吃了这么多苦
It must be hard for Sir Clifford,
一定很不好受 你也很不容易
all he’s suffered, and hard on you as well.
你自以为知道生活之路通向何方 可突然间 它却消失了
You think your know how life will be, and suddenly it’s gone.
我跟我家泰德才共度了三年 他就在一起矿难中送了命
I only had my Ted for three years before he was killed in mines.
我以前不知道这件事 真抱歉
I didn’t know. I’m sorry.
没事的
Never you mind.
您只需遵从医嘱 照顾克利福德爵士的事情就交给我吧
Now, you just follow doctor’s orders and leave the care of Sir Clifford to me.
克利福德 这位是博尔顿太太
Ah, Clifford. This is Mrs. Bolton.
我记得博尔顿太太
I remember Mrs. Bolton.
-大家都满意了 -暂且如此
-Are we all satisfied? -For the time being.
我要回伦敦 康妮要去好好散个步
I’m headed back to London, and Connie’s going for a nice long walk.
好 一路顺风
Good. Safe travels.
康妮 你能不能顺道 去一下猎场看守那里
Connie, would you stop in at the gamekeeper?
问问新的雉鸡是否已经开始产蛋了
Ask if the new pheasants have begun laying?
好的
Of course.
查泰莱夫人
Lady Chatterley.
-克利福德爵士需要帮助 -不 他叫我来的
-Does Sir Clifford need help? -No. He sent me.
-对不起 我不是有意打扰 -哪有
-Sorry, I don’t mean to intrude. -No.
您想进来吗
Do you want to come in?
-抱歉穿成这样 我没想到会来人 -没事 不用担心
-Sorry. I’m not dressed for company. -No. Not to worry.
我就是想…
I just wanted, um…
克利福德爵士想知道 这些新的雉鸡是否已经开始产蛋了
Sir Clifford wanted to know if the new pheasants had begun laying.
对 开始了 夫人
Oh, aye. Yes, milady. Yeah.
几周内就会孵出很多小鸡
There’ll be plenty of young chicks in a matter of weeks.
这小木屋真不错 你一个人住在这里
This is a lovely little cottage. You live alone here?
没错 夫人
Quite alone, milady.
你看詹姆斯乔伊斯的书
You read James Joyce?
弄到这本书不容易
That one was hard to find.
你经常看书吗
Do you read much?
看书符合我孤独的天性
Well, it suits my solitary nature.
话虽如此
Still.
这里一定太过安静了吧
Must be awfully quiet around here.
没有 我还有弗洛茜陪着
No, I’ve got Flossie for company.
好了 我会告诉克利福德
Well, um, I’ll let Clifford know
关于雉鸡的情况
about the pheasants.
谢谢你
Um, thank you.
-那我送您出去 -好的
-I’ll see you out then. -All right.
对不起
-Apologies.
花很漂亮
Lovely flowers.
带些回去吧
Take some back with you.
-不行 -为什么不行
-No, I couldn’t. -Why not?
这是你们家的花
They’re yours.
-真的 -您随意
-You sure? -Yeah, help yoursen.
再见
Good day, then.
弗林特太太 我给你带了些花
Mrs. Flint. I brought you some flowers.
-它们真漂亮 您真体贴 -别客气
They’re beautiful! Aren’t you thoughtful!
我去找个花瓶 来 坐
-It’s quite all right. -Let’s get you a vase. Sit down.
这是看守小屋边上的地里长的 到处都是
They’re all growing in the fields by the keeper’s cottage. Everywhere.
来 这些归你
Here, have these.
那个看守挺有意思 对吗
Interesting fellow, isn’t he, the keeper?
乍一看是个粗人 但是…
He seems gruff at first, but then…
年纪大的老师们至今还在谈论 奥利弗梅勒斯小时候有多聪明
The older teachers still talk about how clever Oliver Mellors was as a lad.
难怪他退役时是一名中尉
It’s no wonder he came back home a full lieutenant.
那他现在怎么会一个人住在那里
But now he lives down there? Alone?
他结过婚
He was married. Um…
但是他老婆伯莎
But, uh, his wife, Bertha,
趁他不在家的时候跟了别的男人
the whole time he was gone, she carried on with other men.
鸡飞狗跳 大家都知道
It was awful. Everyone knew.
这么说他们离婚了
So, they’re divorced now?
应该没办过正式手续
Oh, not properly, I don’t think.
但是伯莎库茨很少按规矩行事
Uh, but there never was much proper about Bertha Coutts.
她已经搬到了斯达克斯盖特 跟另一个男人住在一起
She’s off living with another man at Stacks Gate.
我记得那个男的叫内德
Ned, I think his name is.
我猜梅勒斯先生对他们两个 是眼不见心不烦
I imagine Mr. Mellors would be happier never hearing from either again.
它叫温蒂
This is Wendy.
你好啊 温蒂
Hello, Wendy.
真漂亮
She’s beautiful.
矿里发生了一场爆♥炸♥
There was an explosion in the mines,
那年泰德只有28岁
and Ted was only 28.
公♥司♥却说那是他自己的过错
The company said it was his own fault somehow.
他本应该卧倒 却往外跑了
He was running away when he should have laid down.
抚恤金只有300英镑
Though the compensation was only £300.
在这事上 我永远不会原谅他们
I’ll never forgive them for that.
他们把泰德说成一个懦夫
Them branding Ted a coward.
他可不是懦夫 博尔顿太太
He wasn’t a coward, though, Mrs. Bolton.
他只是想要求生
He was only trying to survive.
你真的应该让莉莉做这件事
You really should let Lily do that.
你是他的护士 不是他的佣人
You’re his nurse, not his servant.
没事 我不在乎 人一忙起来就不烦了
No, I don’t mind. Busy hands, quiet mind.
铃♥声♥响了 我得去看看
Oh, there’s the bell. I have to go.
我还在想这敲打声是哪儿来的呢
I wondered what the hammering was.
我在给新的小鸡准备鸡舍
I’m prepping the coops for the new chicks.
这小屋里有椅子吗
-Is there a chair in this hut?
进来吧
Come on in.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我去给您生火 夫人
I’ll light you a fire, milady.
-没事 不麻烦你了 -不麻烦 要的
-Oh. No, don’t bother. -No, I insist.
在这里暖和暖和
-Warm yourself up a little bit.
-好吗 -谢谢
-All right? -Thank you.
我以前从不知道这里还有间小屋
I never knew this hut was here before.
没几个人知道
Not many do.
所以我喜欢这里
It’s why I like it.
你不在的时候会锁起来吗
Do you keep it locked when you’re not around?
偶尔会锁 夫人
Sometimes, milady.
给我把钥匙好吗
Can I have a key?
你要钥匙
You want a key?
我想偶尔来这里坐坐
I think I’d like to sit here sometimes.
我不知道还有没有第二把钥匙
I don’t know if there is another key.
那我自己想办法吧
Well, I’ll see to it myself, then.
你逛了好大一圈
Quite the walk you had.
抱歉 我回来晚了吗
Sorry. Am I late?
可以请博尔顿太太泡茶
Could have asked Mrs. Bolton to make tea.
让她在茶桌上执行主妇的职务不合适
I don’t quite see her presiding at the tea table.
我可不记得 我们的婚礼誓言里提到过茶
Hmm. I don’t remember anything about tea in our wedding vows.
养雉鸡的小屋还有别的钥匙吗
Do you know if there’s a second key to the hut where the pheasants are reared?
书房♥里可能有一把 问这个干吗
Uh, yes. There may be one in the study. Why?
我觉得那里挺不错 可能会偶尔去那里看书
I thought it was quite lovely. Might read my book there.
那个变♥态♥爱尔兰人写的书
Books by that degenerate Irishman?
你说的是詹姆斯乔伊斯
What? James Joyce?
我听说他下一本书会因为淫秽被查禁
I heard his next is to be banned for obscenity.
真可惜 我还一直期待能读一读呢
Hmm, such a shame. I was looking forward to reading it.
梅勒斯在那个小屋里
-Was Mellors at the hut? -Mm-hmm.
-我去他可不太高兴 -他说了什么
-He didn’t appreciate the intrusion. -What did he say?
没说什么 是他的态度告诉我的
Nothing. It was just his manner.
我感觉他不喜欢 我在城♥堡♥里享有的特权
Don’t think he liked me having freedom of the castle.
退役中尉重操旧业回猎场当看守 就会有这种念头
Comes with a lieutenant going back to being gamekeeper.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!